Disrespect from inactive players.

Discuss general aspects of game play, such as quests, content, items etc.

Moderator: Public Forum Moderators

Topic author
jupider
Senior Chat Moderator

Disrespect from inactive players.

Unread post by jupider » Sun May 22, 2011 12:47 pm

So, I was in chat when someone popped in and, as always, I clicked on their profile to stal... er, I mean, uh... well, just to check their profile. Anyhoo, this particular player had 1 disrespect point so I clicked to see who it was from. Well, it turns out it's from a player who hasn't logged on in a year and a half. So I got to thinking, "it's kind of crappy to get disrespected from someone and then they quit the game, leaving you with this blemish that haunts you for the remainder of your playing. Not so much a suggestion (in fact I started this in the Suggestions forum but changed my mind to put it here instead.) but I would just like to know what everyone else's opinion of this matter is.

Also, I know it wouldn't be right to just remove the disrespect only from inactive players and that their positive respect would need to be removed as well, just to keep the playing field level.
Gobberwart wrote:Jupider is EXACTLY right.
"In the time of war, we would never have left a man stranded."
"Maybe that's why we lost."

commandermack
Chat Moderator

Re: Disrespect from inactive players.

Unread post by commandermack » Sun May 22, 2011 1:13 pm

Respect isn't that big a deal, I kinda expect NO ONE to have a perfect respect in a few years other than the new new players. Everyone has someone that doesn't like them for one reason or another because everyone sees things differently. Now just because someone stops playing, doesn't mean that their opinion should just be removed as if they never ever played. Just my thoughts, as long as accounts don't get removed from inactivity or disabling, then neither should respect.

Gobberwart
Developer

Unread post by Gobberwart » Sun May 22, 2011 4:30 pm

What mack said. At the end of the day, if you're worthy of respect, your account will show a positive balance, so one inactive account's disrespect point won't make any difference.

sallyfox
Senior Chat Moderator

Unread post by sallyfox » Sun May 22, 2011 11:11 pm

I can respect that....... 8)

Still, I hear ya Jup.

I have the same situation, and have no idea why I irked the individual so........

Anyhoo, sticks and stones :wink:

Topic author
jupider
Senior Chat Moderator

Unread post by jupider » Tue May 24, 2011 3:43 pm

Yeah. I understand where you guys are coming from and it makes sense. I would guess that's the reason I changed my mind from posting this in the Suggestions board.

Good talk.
Gobberwart wrote:Jupider is EXACTLY right.
"In the time of war, we would never have left a man stranded."
"Maybe that's why we lost."

Rakkasan
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Rakkasan » Tue May 24, 2011 7:40 pm

Regarding the respect/disrespect ratings, my opinion is that how an individual uses the system probably provides a better picture and is more informative about them than for the people they rate, in honesty. I tend to be less concerned what scores are shown than who gave them, and give the interrelation of respect details far more weight than the summary total.

Because of this, losing the ability to see what scores had been given and if or how they had altered, would remove useful insight into the relative character of the person in question. So I'd have to say that I'd personally be against changes that subvert or remove functionality of the system as it now stands.

Cowboy
Forum Addict

Unread post by Cowboy » Wed May 25, 2011 6:34 am

I agree with rakka.