Beta

Discuss general aspects of game play, such as quests, content, items etc.

Moderator: Public Forum Moderators

Topic author
Cowboy
Forum Addict

Beta

Unread post by Cowboy » Sun Feb 12, 2012 8:08 pm

Has development completely stopped? Gobberwart has been MIA for months with no updates of any kind - not even a "hey, thanks for hanging in there - we are still around, just progress is slow". Nothing. Will there ever be a beta?

sodafett
Chat Moderator

Re: Beta

Unread post by sodafett » Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:08 pm

Is anyone showing up for the game at all anymore, also?

jupider
Senior Chat Moderator

Unread post by jupider » Mon Feb 13, 2012 4:31 pm

I pop in occasionally in the hopes of Gobberwart announcing "Sorry I was in a coma--here's some stuff I was working on before I tripped over my cricket bat and fell down the stairs..."

Also, I do log in regularly; trying to get my Brawn up for the final (Spoiler). And to get my Beta Juice consumption number up.
Gobberwart wrote:Jupider is EXACTLY right.
"In the time of war, we would never have left a man stranded."
"Maybe that's why we lost."

sallyfox
Senior Chat Moderator

Unread post by sallyfox » Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:01 pm

Sorry bout the delay in answering............

Oh, and sorry Im not Gobb........

BUT! You can look forward to IMPORTANT announcements soon from our fearless leader :D

Count on it.........

Gobberwart
Developer

Unread post by Gobberwart » Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:15 pm

Thanks for talking it up, Sally. Now I have to try to be all interesting and shit.

For now, some VERY quick answers to this thread...

Cowboy: Development hasn't stopped completely, but it's so slow at the moment, it may as well have. Erosion looks fast by comparison. So does <insert name here for comedic effect>'s mum.

Sodafett: Do people show up to play the game, you mean? Dunno. I wouldn't. The game's a bit pointless and crap, really (no offence, me). Beta's meant to resolve that, if and when we get to it. For now though, I think the only point in playing the game is to secure positions on the leaderboards for any potential future archive when Beta comes.

jupider: No coma here. Quite the opposite in fact. Life has been unbelievably busy for me, both at work and at home, which seriously cuts down the quality time I can spend online. I can get a few minutes here and there, but not in long enough chunks to actually do anything useful. Like come into chat for more than a couple of minutes, or do some decent dev work. Unfortunately, if I'm not doing that dev work, nobody else is doing it on my behalf so...

Where does that leave Paradox? I'm currently considering that very seriously. Stay tuned for another post very soon.

jupider
Senior Chat Moderator

Unread post by jupider » Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:07 pm

Good to hear you're still alive and doing well Gobb! Although I was being humorous about the whole coma thing, in all honesty I really was concerned about your well being due those major migraines you were having some time back.

Being too busy for an online life merely means that you have a full offline life; for that I am happy for you. Real life is much more important than online anyway.
Gobberwart wrote:Jupider is EXACTLY right.
"In the time of war, we would never have left a man stranded."
"Maybe that's why we lost."

sodafett
Chat Moderator

Unread post by sodafett » Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:23 pm

Glad to see you are still alive and well, Gobb, whatever your decision, I know it will have been given a lot of thought and lots of (cussin' and discussin') as they say, can't wait to hear from you again, my brother, be safe and well.

commandermack
Chat Moderator

Unread post by commandermack » Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:03 pm

:idea:

sallyfox
Senior Chat Moderator

Unread post by sallyfox » Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:04 pm

Really Mackie!?

Please.......... spill guts now :D

commandermack
Chat Moderator

Unread post by commandermack » Sat Feb 18, 2012 4:06 pm

:idea: :!:

Topic author
Cowboy
Forum Addict

Unread post by Cowboy » Sat Feb 18, 2012 4:10 pm

Well, I hope you make the right choice for you and Paradox doesn't seem like a burden if you continue to develop it. I can understand why you would want to stop :)

sallyfox
Senior Chat Moderator

Unread post by sallyfox » Sat Feb 18, 2012 7:27 pm

Im ABSOLUTELY sure Gobb doesnt wanna stop :D

What I THINK he is looking for is the best way forward.................

The fact that so many people ARE waiting and caring is a mark of the site and community

Blaize
Forum Addict

Unread post by Blaize » Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:54 pm

I'm still alive also! Waiting on tenterhooks to know what the future will bring :) My timezone means I don't bump into many of you often but I am here!

JazzyCat
Forum Moderator

Unread post by JazzyCat » Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:15 am

I am still here too! I love paradox and all of my paracite buddies!

LordCretin
Forum Addict

Unread post by LordCretin » Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:42 am

LordCretin runs past the tomaters, reporter and pole beans, nekkid as a jay bird. He flashes a moon at Ethel and grandstands while dribbling a hook shot with a shock absorber. Like the fastest thing on two feet, he slides across the grease rack, waving to Gobberwart and winking to Mr Stevens before disappearing, physique an' all.

A muffled shout is heard from beyond stage left:
Paracites phawrward!
Wales is with you!

Eboli2x4
Forum Regular

Unread post by Eboli2x4 » Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:35 pm

Haha! Awesome, LordC!

sodafett
Chat Moderator

Unread post by sodafett » Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:52 am

All the genuine love and admiration is bringing tears to me eyes, they be tears of happiness, arrggh.

Gobberwart
Developer

Unread post by Gobberwart » Sat Mar 03, 2012 3:19 am

LordCretin, you crack me up!

Sorry there's been no earth-shattering post in the last couple of weeks. I had something planned, truly I did but then.. well, stuff happens. Long story short, I don't want to stop, but I need a few things to keep going, and to get things moving again,

One, I need help with donations to pay for the hosting costs. I just can't afford this on my own any more. If you can see your way clear to donating a few dollars, it will help. I'm sorry to be a begz0r but that's a fact. The server isn't free and I can't afford it. Hit that donation link! Do it! Now!

Two, I need someone to step in and take charge of this project. I just don't have time to run the show these days. I can find time to write code, and to give huge amounts of creative input (and be an incredibly bossy ass) but I can't chase around after people. If you love Paradox and you think you have what it takes to drive "creative" types without going insane, let me know... it's what we need.

My domain name is paradoxthemusical.com. My username is gobberwart. With creative use of an @ symbol, I'm sure you can figure out my email address if you want to talk to me.

You know, that's about it. You know where I am and how to find me, and you know where that Donate link is, so if you want Paradox to keep going, you know what to do.

unknownZ
Chat Moderator

Unread post by unknownZ » Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:26 pm

*comes out of long lurk* yeah sorry I suddenly dissparread, but advanced english got me good! and well been distracted with programmings wanting to just learn more.

Spiff
Wikinatrix

Unread post by Spiff » Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:48 pm

Gobb I cheer you. I think you should have said that a long time ago. So here WE GO!
The Spiff