Cafeteria Adventures

Discuss general aspects of game play, such as quests, content, items etc.

Moderator: Public Forum Moderators

Topic author
Cfactor3000
Forum Noob

Cafeteria Adventures

Unread post by Cfactor3000 » Sun Aug 24, 2008 5:14 pm

There's something about the encounters that seems kind of crazy in the Cafeteria. x3
Spoiler:
1. Random adventures giving sometimes nothing, other times something. It seems like I'd be more at the mercy of RNG than before. It is kind of annoying to have nothing for 5 adventures in a row, though the actual element of randomness does make it more "awesome" while it will be much more difficult to spade (not that it matters) and can add to the annoyance factor.
2. I'm not sure about something here, but after a large number of turns there, the number of hairnet adventures might be a little too high?
*keeps on burning turns there*

Gobberwart
Developer

Re: Cafeteria Adventures

Unread post by Gobberwart » Sun Aug 24, 2008 11:11 pm

First of all, nice use of spoiler tags.

Without spoiling anything myself, I believe that what you're reporting will, in fact, even out over a significant number of turns, and that your experience today is effectively down to the joy that is a random number generator.

That said, I do need to re-evaluate a number of the zones that have been around for a while, because I know that some encounter/drop rates are a little on the arbitrary side. It's definitely on my "to-do" list.

Topic author
Cfactor3000
Forum Noob

Unread post by Cfactor3000 » Mon Aug 25, 2008 7:00 am

True. It seems that after a while, even the choices are becoming apparently even. I've observed that:
Spoiler:
1. The vending machine doesn't really have any major differences between the first 2 choices, each giving you basically a 3/4 chance of getting some form of drink. In this case, getting nothing sometimes is justified, as you're always going to be taking that risk. I've yet to spade the third choice, though I know it just gives you some number of moolah.
2. The slingshot drop happens regardless of choice, which basically just means that probability of getting the slingshot remains the same for each choice. Perhaps tweaking around for a bit, this can drop more when you go for Bravado, since it complements that best?
3. I don't think getting nothing for the mean girls and the cafeteria lady is a good idea. Getting even just 1 point in a substat would make the turn spent at least seem more worthwhile.
Just some suggestions on my part that might make that area more "fun". ;)

Gobberwart
Developer

Unread post by Gobberwart » Mon Aug 25, 2008 1:28 pm

Spoiler:
1. Yep
2. Not a bad suggestion, I'll consider it.
3. True, but the point is that adventuring in that zone is a risk in itself. You're farming for burger parts, so while the individual adventure isn't worth the turn spent if you get nothing, there's also a chance that you will get one or two things. Anyway, I'll keep that in mind when we review the zone shortly.