Token Gear Usefulness Question and thoughts.

Discuss general aspects of game play, such as quests, content, items etc.

Moderator: Public Forum Moderators

Topic author
SportGuy
Forum Addict

Token Gear Usefulness Question and thoughts.

Unread post by SportGuy » Tue Sep 02, 2008 11:49 am

I realize that this may sound kind of opportunistic considering I'm one piece away from having full token gear but as of this moment in time if anyone asked me which two token gear items to buy last I would say t-shirt (the one I still don't have but is on my list to get) and off-hand item. The t-shirt is not too valuable as equipment due to the Christmas shirt, for those that have that, although it is a rarer item. The off-hand item is not too valuable as equipment due to the alpha launch bag. So I was just wondering if something could be done to increase the equipment value of this stuff like maybe adding intermission turns to it or something?

Just a thought. Thanks for listening,

SportGuy

ElljaeT
Developer

Re: Token Gear Usefulness Question and thoughts.

Unread post by ElljaeT » Tue Sep 02, 2008 1:24 pm

I guess the first thing that comes to mind with this Sporty is not everyone, in fact very few people, will actually have those items you mentioned. But everyone has the opportunity to get the token gear.

Grokly
Forum Addict

Unread post by Grokly » Tue Sep 02, 2008 1:35 pm

You have a point, SportGuy.... at the present time. Remember, however, that there will be future garb and equipment which will have benefits other than stat bonuses which would then also be arguably "better" than the Token Gear. IF by 'better', you mean it does something other than increase your stats. If you are only looking at current content, you are probably correct in your observation. But what happens when you encounter content which requires mucho stats and drop bonuses are not important?

It's all a matter of perspective. And time.

(PS. I'm not against adding some minor bonuses to certain Token Gear items which make them slightly different from other Token Gear. An interesting possibility.)

Topic author
SportGuy
Forum Addict

Unread post by SportGuy » Tue Sep 02, 2008 2:19 pm

I see those points too, absolutely. I guess my thought was token gear should be able to be pointed at as being kind of uber. Of course, those points absolutely make sense too. Just throwing it out there. My two cents usually is more like a 1/2 cent so ya know. :P

Impalix
Chat Moderator

Unread post by Impalix » Tue Sep 02, 2008 5:57 pm

Perhaps the Token Gear could have unique bonuses similar to that other game's idea of hobo parts having relative elements based on body location.

You know, a witty bonus depending on what area of you is covered in Token?

Gobberwart
Developer

Unread post by Gobberwart » Wed Sep 03, 2008 1:36 pm

Token gear isn't meant to be "uber", it's basically there to let someone effectively equip a slightly-reduced power token in every slot, and makes them look shiny. There will be better items available, and bear in mind that only people who were lucky enough to get alpha launch bags and 2007 christmas gear have those items. For people who didn't, the Token Gear is still the best available.

I hate to disappoint, but I really don't want to make the Token Gear much more awesome.. I have tons of ideas for other awesome stuff, and don't want to use those ideas up just yet.

DrWolf
Forum Addict

Unread post by DrWolf » Wed Sep 03, 2008 2:04 pm

I think we should also consider the fact that there is no power-related restriction on the Token Gear that may be on other items.

Impalix
Chat Moderator

Unread post by Impalix » Wed Sep 03, 2008 4:27 pm

Very true, Wolf. A good point to consider.

Topic author
SportGuy
Forum Addict

Unread post by SportGuy » Wed Sep 03, 2008 5:44 pm

All valid points, was just throwing it out there. I totally see where everyone is coming from. I think the excitement of waiting for new items is making things a little hazy maybe. :P

Grokly
Forum Addict

Unread post by Grokly » Wed Sep 03, 2008 7:31 pm

It was worth throwing out there. And always good to remind ourselves of the big picture. ;)

stroby
Forum Addict

Unread post by stroby » Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:48 am

/me pokes into this thread to point at his lack of tokens

mastechno
Chat Moderator

Unread post by mastechno » Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:24 pm

Since Token Gear gives + to ele res...how come this isn't located anywhere on our char panes as to how much ele res we have? like the whole very high...maximal...etc on teh ToG? Or am I just blind and it's somewhere but I haven't found it??

Only reason I bring this up, is that I imagine later on in the game this might become an important piece of knowledge to have..and you all know how lazy *we* get when it comes to adding up simple things like i have 3 token gear on that means i have +9 to ele res...but it'd be handy to have it already totaled for us somewhere on the char pane.

my 2 cents

Gobberwart
Developer

Unread post by Gobberwart » Thu Sep 18, 2008 4:42 am

Short answer: Stop being lazy.

Long answer: Yeah ok, I'll put it on your profile page or charpane somewhere. At some stage. Probably.