resets in a day

Discuss general aspects of game play, such as quests, content, items etc.

Moderator: Public Forum Moderators

Topic author
invisible
Forum Addict

resets in a day

Unread post by invisible » Thu Jan 22, 2009 7:34 am

i was just wondering what was the most resets people have done in one day and if there was or would be a leader board for such a thing

my current is 22

Impalix
Chat Moderator

Re: resets in a day

Unread post by Impalix » Thu Jan 22, 2009 11:38 am

There in fact IS a leaderboard in game. Check your tabs...

Gobberwart
Developer

Unread post by Gobberwart » Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:55 pm

Impalix wrote:There in fact IS a leaderboard in game. Check your tabs...
There are boards for fastest turns/days, first and most resets but not one for most resets in a single day.

While it would be easy enough to add one, it's not *really* something I want to actively encourage, because once we get more content (and proper reset mechanics) in place, 1-day resets should be a lot more difficult to achieve, and people achieving several in a single day will be incredibly unlikely.

Granted, that's going to take a while, but I'm not convinced that adding such a leaderboard would be beneficial.

Of course, if a lot of people think it's worth having, I'm listening :)

Topic author
invisible
Forum Addict

Unread post by invisible » Thu Jan 22, 2009 2:36 pm

yea was not asking for it to be created because in the long run such a leader board would become pointless as the game develops 1 day resets will become a thing of the past. the same day I posted this we had a discussion in spoilers about speed resets and many people in chat where confused about how they where done... the where burning 200+ turns and not getting to legion.

so i was more curious on who was trying to do reset after reset and how many they had done in a day

jimmyBUFFET
Forum Addict

Unread post by jimmyBUFFET » Fri Jan 23, 2009 5:01 am

I, for one, would like to see it even as a kind of extra for the alpha phase of development, permanence would indeed be somewhat uncalled for. As a spade, however, my curiosity forces me to support the suggestion, at least for now.

Of course, if he likes you Gobb might just be able to TELL you that kind of thing. If you ask, that is.

-jB

SportGuy
Forum Addict

Unread post by SportGuy » Fri Jan 23, 2009 3:43 pm

Personally I can't wait until one day resets are a thing of the past because it also messes with other records like most lifetime turns played in my opinion. :P

stroby
Forum Addict

Unread post by stroby » Sat Jan 24, 2009 2:10 pm

Couldn't agree more with you SG, it hit me yesterday that i was just mindlessly clicking through resets if there was a typo or bug I probably wouldn't have noticed and I wasn't really achieving much but slowly push up a number so now I'm waiting for the next instalment :)

jimmyBUFFET
Forum Addict

Unread post by jimmyBUFFET » Sun Jan 25, 2009 8:20 am

I did 71 resets the other day. just saying.

-jB