Sat, Jul 4 - No more "Over resting" update

Discuss general aspects of game play, such as quests, content, items etc.

Moderator: Public Forum Moderators

Topic author
Jesus
Forum Noob

Sat, Jul 4 - No more "Over resting" update

Unread post by Jesus » Sat Jul 04, 2009 6:33 am

"I've finally been convinced that the game should hold your hand when it comes to resting. Enjoy never resting for too many turns ever, ever again.

Sat, Jul 4, 2009 04:25 - Gobberwart"

Well now, this seemed like a decent idea when I first read it.

But then I got snotless, and rested for...3 turns. Thats it. No more. "You're too healthy!" It tells me. "You dont NEED to rest!" it says. But, yeah, I do. Its not easy out there maaaaaan. And if I dont have any snot in me, well, lifes hard. And true, someone could just adventure in a very low level zone to get rid of those turns of snotless, but isnt that what my big ole comfy bed is really for?

If you can change it so that the "no over rest" switch is off when youre snotless, then, thats cool. But really, you should be able to stay in bed as long as you need to get feeling better, NOT just full hp. So maybe a dumbed down change for the better, it just needs to be tweaked a little

Discuss please.

Gobberwart
Developer

Re: Sat, Jul 4 - No more "Over resting" update

Unread post by Gobberwart » Sat Jul 04, 2009 12:02 pm

Heh, I didn't think of that. Fixed.

Resting will now only take the maximum number of turns required to remove snotless and restore both your HP and TP to maximum.

Surely there's no other reason anyone would go resting is there? Ok, it burns turns and will remove other effects too (because of the turns burnt) but there must be better things to do. Feel free to continue discussion :)

LGOD
Forum Addict

Unread post by LGOD » Mon Jul 06, 2009 2:27 am

Gobberwart wrote: tl;dr
That's exactly what we do. Remember that person that burned 250 turns resting? I don't.
The Game wrote:Resting right now would just be a waste of turns!
I want to burn off some effects. Supply an antidote, maybe?

Gobberwart
Developer

Unread post by Gobberwart » Mon Jul 06, 2009 12:50 pm

I don't remember writing "tl;dr" so I'm not sure what you're responding to. I definitely remember several people who burnt an entire day's worth of turns resting, as does my bug reports mail folder. I've resisted making the change until now, but honestly it's the kind of thing that new players are likely to do and which may very well be enough to put them right off playing the game if it happens in their first few minutes.

With regard to burning off effects, there aren't any effects I can think of for which resting would be the optimum solution. Easiest, sure, but not the most beneficial. That said, there's already a plan to add some kind of all-purpose effect antidote, so you should expect something soonish.