Help Wanted

Discuss the impending Beta release of Paradox!

Moderator: Public Forum Moderators

Topic author
Gobberwart
Developer

Help Wanted

Unread post by Gobberwart » Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:50 pm

I know we keep saying this, but... well, here it is again. In Beta format, which everyone knows is vastly superior to VHS anyway.

With the big push to get the game to Beta, it's almost certain that we're going to need help with some things around the place, particularly in the areas of content writing/reviewing, graphic design and of course, testing testing testing. We've already spoken to a few people, and we'll be following up with them shortly, but we suspect there are others out there who have something to offer and might be able/willing to contribute.

While a certain level of skill is definitely required, you don't need to be a proven expert with a huge track-record or a degree or even any fancy book-lurnin' or anything like that, but you must be willing to learn, capable of doing what you agreed to do and, above all, reliable. That means that, if you say you're going to do something, then you'll do it properly, completely and by the agreed time, without constant reminding (nagging/whining/crying/threats of physical violence etc.) from me.

If that sounds like you, please let one of us know so we can talk to you about it and go from there.

For those we've already spoken to about helping out, we'll be in touch again very soon to discuss.

EDIT: Please don't reply to this thread. If you're interested in helping, please contact someone in the dev team directly via in-game Pmail, find one of us in chat etc.

ElljaeT
Developer

Re: Help Wanted

Unread post by ElljaeT » Sat Jan 09, 2010 2:23 pm

I'm currently putting together a list of people that have registered an interest to assist with content writing. In addition to assembling this list, I am also contacting these people to give them some direction and assistance in getting started on something that is helpful, useful and implementable.

If you would like your name to be added to this list please send me a Pmail in game, ElljaeT (#2), and I'll discuss it further with you from there.

Topic author
Gobberwart
Developer

Unread post by Gobberwart » Sat Jan 09, 2010 2:39 pm

We REALLY need to find someone who can help us make the site look more visually appealing. Not only does the login page currently... well, suck, but I'm not a huge fan of some other aspects of the overall site design. I'm not talking about individual item or encounter graphics, but just the layout/design of the site as a whole. Unfortunately, while I'm a competent coder so I can implement someone else's design, I'm hopeless at any kind of graphic design, and I need help to fix it up.

For example:
- Login page
- Title bar/banner
- Character pane
- Adventure/fight screens

If you're the kind of person who enjoys a graphic design challenge, and who is capable of putting something together that I can work with, please contact me directly by Pmail in game to discuss requirements, rewards etc.

Topic author
Gobberwart
Developer

Unread post by Gobberwart » Sat Jan 09, 2010 4:46 pm

Beta test group needed - see this post

Raiff
Forum Poster

Unread post by Raiff » Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:05 pm

Hello! I spoke to Gobb today and i just wanted to let you know as well that I do some freelance writing on the side, writing people essays and web content, so i would be more than happy to help :D
98% Griffin 2% Tortoise

Some days, its just not worth chewing through the restraints.

Topic author
Gobberwart
Developer

Unread post by Gobberwart » Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:09 pm

Just wanted to bump this thread to remind people that we still need help, especially in the "content writing" department. Anyone who would like to contribute, and believes they have the time/skill/commitment to help out can contact ElljaeT via pmail in-game for more information.

Outside of the content writing area, we're always on the hunt for people who can help with just about anything, either on an ad-hoc or ongoing basis, so please don't hesitate to contact me, or any dev, in-game to see what we can do.