Question of the Week (April 10 -16) -- Easter/ Spring

Talk about any non-gameplay-related happenings in the Paradox community (including chat).

Moderator: Public Forum Moderators

Topic author
JazzyCat
Forum Moderator

Question of the Week (April 10 -16) -- Easter/ Spring

Unread post by JazzyCat » Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:15 am

Question of the week!

Here is a way to get to know one another a bit without getting too personal or taking too much time. I will ask a new question every Sunday. Post your response to the question and visit again throughout the week to comment on others’ responses as well.
To get things started, I will always answer the question when I post.

Please feel free to send me a pmail with suggestions on future questions of the week. I have received a few suggestions already. Thanks!

All players that answer the question will get a small gift of thanks from me. At the least: a hug, some food items, and some drink items.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Here is this week's question:
What is your favorite Easter tradition? If you do not celebrate Easter, or do not have any traditions, what is a favorite spring time activity?

I look forward to hearing from you all.

When I was in high school, my mom would hide my Easter basket. She posted a clue on my door to let me know where to find the next clue. It was so much fun and I had to figure things out. I held on to those clues well into adulthood, and even though I have since gotten rid of them, I do remember a handful of them. This is a tradition that I want to pass on to my children either for Easter or some other occasion.

Also, I have always loved looking for eggs. When I was young, we still looked for the hardboiled ones that we had colored. There was always one that was especially hard to find. It felt great to be the one to find that one! And we could not do anything else until it was found. I am thinking it was a good trick to keep us occupied for awhile. ;-)

I know I am posting an Easter question early, but I am selfishly hoping to get some great ideas to try out for this Easter! Thanks in advance everyone!

commandermack
Chat Moderator

Re: Question of the Week (April 10 -16) -- Easter/ Spring

Unread post by commandermack » Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:50 am

Yeah, my family hasn't done easter egg hunting since i was maybe 7. I use to like that. After that we just did dinners at the grandparents till my grandmother passed, then it was kinda a lost tradition as well. Since then the tradition we have is to go the the stores the Monday after and candy dive. >.> lol.

Topic author
JazzyCat
Forum Moderator

Unread post by JazzyCat » Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:22 am

I remember when I lived right behind a Target when I was in my 20s. I loved going there the day after holidays to buy candy cheap! Boy did I stock up. MMmmmmm, candy! :D

Oh yeah, I need to buy some Peeps too. Those and Whoppers (candy, not BK) are very Eastery to me. I know they sell Peeps for other holidays now too, but it is not the same. I used to get a huge carton of Whoppers in my Easter baskets. And for some reason, that is the only time of year I got them as a kid. To this day, I do not buy them unless it is near Easter time.

commandermack
Chat Moderator

Unread post by commandermack » Mon Apr 11, 2011 3:03 am

Easter just requires me to indulge in the cadbury... I gotsta have my cadbury. Oh oh oh, and Brach's Marshmallow Sugar Eggs... They really are an acquired taste.

sodafett
Chat Moderator

Unread post by sodafett » Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:58 am

I love to hide the eggs and also participate int he hunts, but I have not gotten a chance to do what I REALLY want to do, hide eggs with gps coordinates and give people a list to find them. No real traditions here, not since I was a kid.

Seir
Forum Noob

Unread post by Seir » Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:14 pm

I haven't celebrated Easter since... elementary school, I think. And it was just the egg hunt and not much else.

As for spring activities...
Well, most people I know are always busy. After all, spring means AP/IB exams. I'd like to start a new spring tradition to get people to relax a bit and take a break from studying, though. xD I live in a place with pretty good weather, so maybe it's time to take [these] for a spin. I need to put them to good use anyway, since I went through the trouble of making them. o A o
Last edited by Seir on Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Blaize
Forum Addict

Unread post by Blaize » Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:16 am

Chocolate...... Mmmmmm.....

xx

commandermack
Chat Moderator

Unread post by commandermack » Tue Apr 12, 2011 3:51 am

OMG seir, getting ready for some Massive Ninja Pirate Zombie Role-Playing tournament or something, sheesh. :P

Cowboy
Forum Addict

Unread post by Cowboy » Wed Apr 13, 2011 2:53 am

I don't celebrate easter. But it seems like searching for the eggs would be fun :)

commandermack
Chat Moderator

Unread post by commandermack » Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:33 pm

throwing them is more fun. >.>

Topic author
JazzyCat
Forum Moderator

Unread post by JazzyCat » Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:33 pm

Now that I think about it, some countries do some interesting things for Easter! When I lived in Sweden and was taking my Swedish class, I had friends from all over the world. One friend's family would throw flour and water on each other on Easter. She was from Spain, but I do not think this was a Spanish tradition. In Sweden, Little girls dress up as witches and knock on people's doors for candy. (Think "trick-or-treating)
I do not remember any of the other traditions right now, but we had a great conversation one day at lunch!

commandermack
Chat Moderator

Unread post by commandermack » Thu Apr 14, 2011 4:19 am

The target Godiva ad so close to easter is evil Gobb, EVIL!

Right2Wrong2000
Chat Moderator

Unread post by Right2Wrong2000 » Sat Apr 16, 2011 10:27 pm

Waking up every morning to find our Easter Baskets as kids. The hunt was always as good as what was in the basket!
-Coda

Fizzbin
Forum Addict

Unread post by Fizzbin » Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:38 am

I have to agree about the chocolate. My favorite part of Easter was the chocolate bunnies. I don't think I could eat an entire chocolate bunny nowadays.

I also like Cadbury creme eggs.

But for some reason I never liked Peeps. Even when I was a kid, I thought they were too sweet.
Error: This signature no verb.

commandermack
Chat Moderator

Unread post by commandermack » Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:39 am

well, peeps are sugar on sugar fluff. Too much sugar, if you catch my gist, sugar.

sallyfox
Senior Chat Moderator

Unread post by sallyfox » Sun Apr 17, 2011 6:50 am

Smarties ( like mm's) in a big egg.

Still get myself one every easter :D

Always takes me back 6................

Topic author
JazzyCat
Forum Moderator

Unread post by JazzyCat » Sun Apr 17, 2011 7:09 am

Smarties are also like M&Ms in Sweden. In the US, Smarties are not a chocolate candy though. Funny!

I do not like the traditional Cadbury Eggs, but I like the caramel ones. Those were not usually in my Easter baskets, but I know I always liked the commercials.

commandermack
Chat Moderator

Unread post by commandermack » Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:23 pm

Who couldn't like a cadbury egg commercial, becock. :P