Beta Clan

Talk about any non-gameplay-related happenings in the Paradox community (including chat).

Moderator: Public Forum Moderators

Topic author
Cowboy
Forum Addict

Re: Beta Clan

Unread post by Cowboy » Thu May 19, 2011 8:49 am

Again I think beta has way more priority than features these things... The clubs/groups/clans should only be implemented in a basic form or beta will never come out...

commandermack
Chat Moderator

Unread post by commandermack » Thu May 19, 2011 10:36 am

No one said anything about them being past basic...

Gobberwart
Developer

Unread post by Gobberwart » Sun May 22, 2011 4:42 pm

One of the ideas mentioned in here has interested me greatly. If I told you which, I'd have to kill you.

commandermack
Chat Moderator

Unread post by commandermack » Sun May 22, 2011 10:05 pm

yes don, sir.

commandermack
Chat Moderator

Unread post by commandermack » Wed Jul 02, 2014 6:18 pm

Quick thought, cus I was just thinking about it... Why don't we just copy the form and function the way KOL has it? they did it pretty well with their Whitelisting, Clan Ranking/Restrictions, Stash, and Multiplayer aspects. I still feel the game needs this to keep us more involved on a personal level. Even if just created on the basic level for the time being.

jupider
Senior Chat Moderator

Unread post by jupider » Thu Jul 03, 2014 2:40 pm

commandermack wrote:Why don't we just copy the form and function the way KOL has it?

Because I don't want anything in Paradox to be a "copy" of ToG, even if it's just basic and temporary. If I wanted KoL clans, I'd play KoL.
commandermack wrote:I still feel the game needs this to keep us more involved on a personal level. Even if just created on the basic level for the time being.
I agree the game needs something to keep the players involved, but I would rather Gobb focus 100% on Beta. In the meantime, organizing chat events is our best course of action--they've all been hugely successful so far.
Gobberwart wrote:Jupider is EXACTLY right.
"In the time of war, we would never have left a man stranded."
"Maybe that's why we lost."

commandermack
Chat Moderator

Unread post by commandermack » Thu Jul 03, 2014 2:53 pm

Hate to say it, but many things are "copy" even if they aren't intended. Since it has been done and the thought process behind creation is in knowing, you can't help but use ideas that have been used before. Creating and excluding things is what makes it unique. Which is why I said form and function. Since the structure used is very organized and preventative. The hierarchy of clan rankings where you can restrict/enable members to do things is very nice, essential even, if you intend to have any group sharing on the clan level. That would be the basis of the foundation needed to build up a group. Nothing more than that would even come from their PoV. There would be no hobopolis, no breakroom, or anything like that. The room wouldn't be restrictive even. Gobb could even make it where Leaders can upload their own Image for their "Clan ROOM" in the same fashion players have Custom Icons, but have a default room for people who don't want to customize (could cost a token to do, in the same fashion). It isn't like it is a copy, everything is being coded fresh, with new perspective. I certainly would like to see new ideas implemented that haven't been done, but their needs to be a structure.

Topic author
Cowboy
Forum Addict

Unread post by Cowboy » Sat Jul 05, 2014 4:55 am

Nothing about KoL's clan system is really original - all standard features you'd expect, except the multi person dungeons.

jimmyBUFFET
Forum Addict

Unread post by jimmyBUFFET » Fri Aug 08, 2014 3:00 am

If my two cents are needed, I'd like to throw my weight behind the idea of frats. Paradox University Greek Row, where a group of like-minded individuals can haze the hell out of the noobs (maybe that would be a fun way of filtering...let leaders think of a handful of questions that initiates must answer correctly to gain access to some kind of whitelist system?) and get drunk on weeknights.

I don't know about any alpha clans though...we all know who was here and who was awesome...it would just be unfair to everyone else if we had that much e-peen.