Question of the Week (May 1 - May 7) -- Favorite Restaurant

Talk about any non-gameplay-related happenings in the Paradox community (including chat).

Moderator: Public Forum Moderators

Topic author
JazzyCat
Forum Moderator

Question of the Week (May 1 - May 7) -- Favorite Restaurant

Unread post by JazzyCat » Sun May 01, 2011 4:19 pm

Question of the week!

Here is a way to get to know one another a bit without getting too personal or taking too much time. I will ask a new question every Sunday. Post your response to the question and visit again throughout the week to comment on others’ responses as well.
To get things started, I will always answer the question when I post.

Please feel free to send me a pmail with suggestions on future questions of the week. I have received a few suggestions already. Thanks!

All players that answer the question will get a small gift of thanks from me. At the least: a hug, some food items, and some drink items.

______________________________________________________________________________________________

Here is this week's question:

What is your favorite restaurant(s)?

My current favorite is Genki Sushi, which is a fast food sushi restaurant. The sushi is good and it is reasonably priced. The sushi comes around on a conveyor belt but you can also order stuff fresh from the kitchen.

When I was in high school, there was a restaurant called Annie Okies. The food was served family style (you would get a huge pot of soup, bug basket of rolls, etc that you would share among your family instead of it being served on individual plates.) The food was always excellent and I loved their chicken fried steak and the apple butter for the homemade rolls. Another cute thing about the restaurant was that there was a huge train track set up and running year round. They also sold homemade Christmas ornaments throughout the year. These two things always made it feel a bit Christmassy when you first walked into the restaurant!

Looking forward to hearing what you all have to say!

Cowboy
Forum Addict

Re: Question of the Week (May 1 - May 7) -- Favorite Restaur

Unread post by Cowboy » Sun May 01, 2011 8:01 pm

Taco Bell (Everything on the menu is good), Cici's (mm cinnamon rolls), Dominoes (I like the sandwiches). I also love sushi but I don't have a specific restaurant that I like.

commandermack
Chat Moderator

Unread post by commandermack » Mon May 02, 2011 12:38 am

Texas de Brazil
This is a very fancy decor place where the waiters carry around big slabs of meat and bring them straight to your table in one of the greatest all you can eat joints you will ever visit. They also have a decent salad bar. There are several of them around, so here is the website, look one up. :) some have virtual tours, all have pictures.
http://www.texasdebrazil.com/

sodafett
Chat Moderator

Unread post by sodafett » Mon May 02, 2011 7:36 am

Hmmm... El Georges Coney Island and Outback Steakhouse, hands down.

Eboli2x4
Forum Regular

Unread post by Eboli2x4 » Mon May 02, 2011 8:53 am

Cupp's Restaurant in Waco. A small Mom and Pop diner that serves breakfast and lunch. Has a small canopy you park under like the old drive-ins. Inside consists of a few booths and stools at the counter. Very friendly folks, serving good food.

Fizzbin
Forum Addict

Unread post by Fizzbin » Mon May 02, 2011 5:00 pm

Aw, I miss Genki Sushi. Sometimes I wish I was back in Hawaii.

Other than that, I really enjoyed the Top of the World Restaurant at the Stratosphere in Las Vegas.
It's a rotating restaurant near the top of the tower, about 800 feet above the ground (Um, that's about 243 meters).
The view of Las Vegas at night was lots of fun, and the food was great.
A bit pricey, but it's nice to go there at least once.
Error: This signature no verb.

jupider
Senior Chat Moderator

Unread post by jupider » Mon May 02, 2011 5:28 pm

Pizza. Don't care where. Pizza Hut, Domino's, Little Caesar's, whatever. We've got a lot of local pizzerias where I live and as long as it doesn't taste like cardboard, I'm in.

Other than that, I also enjoy Taco Bell. The Beefy 5-Layer Burritos are colon hell, but they're great until they get there.

(I would say Dave & Buster's, but I'm still waiting to get one in our area, so technically I've never really eaten there. But it looks fun as hell from the commercials!)
Gobberwart wrote:Jupider is EXACTLY right.
"In the time of war, we would never have left a man stranded."
"Maybe that's why we lost."

Cowboy
Forum Addict

Unread post by Cowboy » Mon May 02, 2011 8:21 pm

Yeah jupider! Taco bell!

darkgamr
Forum Addict

Unread post by darkgamr » Mon May 02, 2011 9:42 pm

For fast food, Taco Bell's gotta be it, steak quesadilla and an order of nachos makes up my dream meal and costs less than 4 bucks. For pizza anything deep dish works, but my favorite's gotta be pizza hut's pan pizza, or jet's 8 corner pizza. For dining in, this place called Famous Dave's Barbeque by be has amazing ribs that I love

commandermack
Chat Moderator

Unread post by commandermack » Tue May 03, 2011 12:57 am

I think I see a fatal flaw in this list, no one has listed chinese... so I loves chinese food. :P

Topic author
JazzyCat
Forum Moderator

Unread post by JazzyCat » Tue May 03, 2011 6:44 am

There is a Mexican restaurant in AZ that I love called Garcia's. They have a delicious chicken dish called Sour Cream chicken, I think. It is a creamy enchilada! mmmmmm. I also love their bean dip that they serve with their chips and salsa.

When I would go with my friend, she would just order a side or beans and I would order a taco or the chicken. Sometimes we would get crappy service but occasionally we would get incredible service. When we got incredible service, out tip would be bigger than our meal. :-)

As far as Taco Bell, it is good for a cheap and filling meal. When I first moved to Maui, I went there fairly often with my friend. That is the only place you can get Mountain Blast Mountain Dew (blue Mountain Dew that has a fruity taste). They were out of it 3 times in a row, so I finally complained. I got $15 in gift certificates out of that deal. ;-)

Cowboy
Forum Addict

Unread post by Cowboy » Tue May 03, 2011 8:53 am

darkgamr wrote:For fast food, Taco Bell's gotta be it, steak quesadilla and an order of nachos makes up my dream meal and costs less than 4 bucks. For pizza anything deep dish works, but my favorite's gotta be pizza hut's pan pizza, or jet's 8 corner pizza. For dining in, this place called Famous Dave's Barbeque by be has amazing ribs that I love

More taco bell supporters! Jazzycat too!

Macky, I like chinese too :D

jupider
Senior Chat Moderator

Unread post by jupider » Tue May 03, 2011 2:46 pm

I think putting the words "fatal" and "chinese food" in the same sentence summarizes why it has not receive much mention.
Gobberwart wrote:Jupider is EXACTLY right.
"In the time of war, we would never have left a man stranded."
"Maybe that's why we lost."

Fizzbin
Forum Addict

Unread post by Fizzbin » Tue May 03, 2011 5:08 pm

I used to like eating at Taco Bell when I was in college.
Now that I'm older, well...
Yo no quiero Taco Bell. Yo necesito cagar despues de comer a Taco Bell.
In other words, eating at Taco Bell has me "running for the border" very quickly.
Error: This signature no verb.

Cowboy
Forum Addict

Unread post by Cowboy » Tue May 03, 2011 8:19 pm

Todo el mundo dice que necesite que cagar mucho despues de come Taco Bell, pero yo no necesito :D

sodafett
Chat Moderator

Unread post by sodafett » Thu May 05, 2011 8:29 am

I did forget to put in one, Panda Buffet, they have some awesome Chinese food, and their Mongolian BBQ is fantasticus :D