Question of the Week (May 8 - May 14) -- Memories with Mom

Talk about any non-gameplay-related happenings in the Paradox community (including chat).

Moderator: Public Forum Moderators

Topic author
JazzyCat
Forum Moderator

Question of the Week (May 8 - May 14) -- Memories with Mom

Unread post by JazzyCat » Sun May 08, 2011 4:36 pm

Question of the week!

Here is a way to get to know one another a bit without getting too personal or taking too much time. I will ask a new question every Sunday. Post your response to the question and visit again throughout the week to comment on others’ responses as well.
To get things started, I will always answer the question when I post.

Please feel free to send me a pmail with suggestions on future questions of the week. I have received a few suggestions already. Thanks!

All players that answer the question will get a small gift of thanks from me. At the least: a hug, some food items, and some drink items.

______________________________________________________________________________________________

Here is this week's question:

What is your best/ some of your best memories with your mom?

My best memories with my mom are from high school. We would spend most of the time on weekends on the patio playing cards and Trivial Pursuit while eating potato chip with onion dip and Fritos with green chile dip.

I remember one time in particular that we were outside and the sun was hitting a palm tree just so. It looked like it was on fire. That was a very awesome moment to share with my mom.

She also used to make the best blueberry muffins in the world and also these delicious laced oatmeal cookies that I have never been able to make right!

sodafett
Chat Moderator

Re: Question of the Week (May 8 - May 14) -- Memories with M

Unread post by sodafett » Mon May 09, 2011 3:07 am

Wow.... some very awesome entries. 8) :shock: :D :mrgreen:

commandermack
Chat Moderator

Unread post by commandermack » Mon May 09, 2011 7:19 am

heh :oops:

sallyfox
Senior Chat Moderator

Unread post by sallyfox » Mon May 09, 2011 8:17 am

Making stuff together in the kitchen........ when bowl licking became an art form :wink:

Back in the times when a mess was pure fun 8)

jupider
Senior Chat Moderator

Unread post by jupider » Tue May 10, 2011 3:14 pm

[Start sappy make-you-cry music now]

As I got older, I began to ostracize myself from most of my extended family. Not on purpose, but I met a wonderful woman, got married, and just focused on my (well, our, for that matter) life. And then one day I had a real heart-to-heart conversation with my mom and she started crying when she thought she was losing me. I felt like shit. I vowed to myself that I would change my life to be more active with her. I told her I loved her for the first time in I can't even remember how many years. To this day I still talk to her and visit her on a regular basis. That was my most memorable moment with my mom.

[/me hands everyone a Kleenex]
Gobberwart wrote:Jupider is EXACTLY right.
"In the time of war, we would never have left a man stranded."
"Maybe that's why we lost."

darkgamr
Forum Addict

Unread post by darkgamr » Tue May 10, 2011 6:53 pm

Just this week I moved back in with my mom for the summer. Because of this and because this caused me to need to quit smoking, I am only annoyed by every single thing she does right now. I'm sure once I get some distance fond memories will arise, but for now I've got nothing :(

darkgamr
Forum Addict

Unread post by darkgamr » Wed May 11, 2011 11:23 am

Well today I'm already less of a nicotine-craving asshole, so some memories have begun to form. I remember when I was real small, probably 4 to 5, my mom used to sing to me every night, I couldn't even get to sleep without her. Also, from the day I was born she'd read to me often, which lead to me reading along by looking at the books as she read, this caused me to teach myself to read at 3 years old. 8) Every once in a while in grade school and even a few times in high school I would have panic attacks if there was a presentation or something I was nervous about doing in school, my mom would try to psyche me up to do it, and the times that she realized I really couldn't do it, she would call me in sick to save me the embarrassment, although she would make sure I spent all day preparing and gave the presentation well the next day, so I wasn't just backing out of doing things that were hard. Really, my mom has just always tried to be there for me, and now that she's pretty much bed-ridden from surgery I'm trying to return the favor. Looking back on everything, I think I'm gonna start being nicer to my mom today, she really does deserve it :)

Cowboy
Forum Addict

Unread post by Cowboy » Wed May 11, 2011 7:17 pm

My mom tells me that when I was young I would go downstairs in my underwear, say good morning to her, and then run outside to see how many caterpillars were on the tree :mrgreen:

Topic author
JazzyCat
Forum Moderator

Unread post by JazzyCat » Wed May 11, 2011 9:30 pm

I am happy that you were able to find something, Darkgmr! Nice story.

Cute, Cowboy. I hope you were able to find a lot of caterpillars growing up.

sodafett
Chat Moderator

Unread post by sodafett » Thu May 12, 2011 7:40 am

My mom used to read to me often when I was a little one, which is why I learned to read early on as well, of course one of my mom's memories of me that sticks in my mind, is when I was about 3-4 years old, she was looking all over for me and she finally found me across the street, in a neighbor's pasture, chasing after some terrified cows and a bull. She said she about fainted. :twisted: