Question of the Week (5/29 - 6/4) -- Favorite Sport

Talk about any non-gameplay-related happenings in the Paradox community (including chat).

Moderator: Public Forum Moderators

Topic author
JazzyCat
Forum Moderator

Question of the Week (5/29 - 6/4) -- Favorite Sport

Unread post by JazzyCat » Sun May 29, 2011 10:47 pm

Here is a way to get to know one another a bit without getting too personal or taking too much time. I will ask a new question every Sunday. Post your response to the question and visit again throughout the week to comment on others’ responses as well.
To get things started, I will always answer the question when I post.

Please feel free to send me a pmail with suggestions on future questions of the week. I have received a few suggestions already. Thanks!

All players that answer the question will get a small gift of thanks from me. At the least: a hug, some food items, and some drink items.

______________________________________________________________________________________________

Here is this week's question:
What is/are your favorite sport (s)

I love to play basketball. I have not played a game in a long, long time but I really enjoy shooting hoops even if it is not an actual game. I used to go to the park almost everyday after school in 8th and 9th grade to shoot hoops. I had a mini basketball and a regular one. In high school PE, my peers wanted me on their team. When I taught in Phoenix, I stayed after school and shot hoops with one of my students. Very nice times there! Yup, basketballs and I get along pretty well. Or at least used to.

I also enjoy playing catch with a football, but do not care to play (or watch) the game.

commandermack
Chat Moderator

Re: Question of the Week (5/29 - 6/4) -- Favorite Sport

Unread post by commandermack » Sun May 29, 2011 10:55 pm

American Football. :P

darkgamr
Forum Addict

Unread post by darkgamr » Sun May 29, 2011 10:56 pm

For playing, it's always been basketball, it's the only sport I actually played on my school's team for. I wasn't very good at it, but I had fun and was a decent shot. I enjoy playing random games like horse and 21 more than actually playing basketball though, and even if I'm by myself just shooting around is a good time killer. My dad's house had a hoop in the front yard so I never had to go far to practice.

For watching, it's gotta be football, although even that's pretty hard to watch sometimes. All sports are just so damn repetitive and I don't care enough about any team to be invested in any of the games even a tiny bit.

Cowboy
Forum Addict

Unread post by Cowboy » Mon May 30, 2011 1:58 am

ULTIMATE!

sodafett
Chat Moderator

Unread post by sodafett » Mon May 30, 2011 6:45 am

I am not big into sports, but, my favorites to watch on occasion are hockey and soccer. :)

sallyfox
Senior Chat Moderator

Unread post by sallyfox » Mon May 30, 2011 7:58 am

Netball and AFL (aussie rules football) :D

darkgamr
Forum Addict

Unread post by darkgamr » Mon May 30, 2011 9:40 am

Oh yeah I forgot, the WNBA is great too, it's awesome how they make up for their inability to dunk with good fundamentals. (lawlawlawl, just kidding, would rather watch paint dry :P )

commandermack
Chat Moderator

Unread post by commandermack » Tue May 31, 2011 3:07 am

heh dark, I too like paintball. :P

Seir
Forum Noob

Unread post by Seir » Tue May 31, 2011 7:40 pm

I don't really like watching any sports. o A o

As for playing, I like badminton and baseball.
I used to golf with my dad, but I don't care much for it.
If I wasn't too lazy to find out/knew the rules of (American) football, I'd play that. It's a good way to channel violent tendencies.

Rakkasan
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Rakkasan » Tue May 31, 2011 8:45 pm

I haven't ever been much of a sports fan myself, but I did wrestle for several years in high school, and also took karate for some time as well.

Other than that, I mostly only watch when my kids are playing their sports now... my son's football games and wrestling matches, depending on the season, and my daughter's volleyball games and tennis matches... which I honestly only go to watch because they're my kids. :oops:

Topic author
JazzyCat
Forum Moderator

Unread post by JazzyCat » Tue May 31, 2011 10:01 pm

I do not watch many sports, but I do enjoy going to baseball, basketball, and hockey games on occasion. I have never golfed (unless mini-golf counts) and I really do not understand people enjoying watching other people golf.

In high school I had to go to the football games because I was in band. I only enjoyed it because of that.

Also in high school, I wanted to try out for volleyball. However, even though I was an okay player, I found that the "clicks" were already pretty well established on the JV team and realized that I just did not fit in and I did not bother trying out. Band and Yearbook kept me plenty busy anyway.

In 5th grade I tried out for the school's basketball team, but did not make it because I did not know how to do layups!