question of the Week (6/19 - 6/25) -- Memories with Dad

Talk about any non-gameplay-related happenings in the Paradox community (including chat).

Moderator: Public Forum Moderators

Topic author
JazzyCat
Forum Moderator

question of the Week (6/19 - 6/25) -- Memories with Dad

Unread post by JazzyCat » Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:33 am

Question of the week!

Here is a way to get to know one another a bit without getting too personal or taking too much time. I will ask a new question every Sunday. Post your response to the question and visit again throughout the week to comment on others’ responses as well.
To get things started, I will always answer the question when I post.

Please feel free to send me a pmail with suggestions on future questions of the week. I have received a few suggestions already. Thanks!

All players that answer the question will get a small gift of thanks from me. At the least: a hug, some food items, and some drink items.

______________________________________________________________________________________________

Here is this week's question:

What is your best/ some of your best memories with your dad?

When I was growing up, Dad and I played chess, cribbage, and backgammon quite a bit. Anytime I asked him to play a game, he was up for it.

I also loved when I was in junior high and we would hang out in the backyard and shoot our BB guns at the targets.

My dad was visiting us when David was born. I loved that he was able to come to the hospital to meet David. This time around, he was not able to visit in the hospital since Oliver decided to come over a week early. However, dad was able to be here the day after we brought Oliver home from the hospital.

AND I love that my dad is here for Father's Day this year!

sallyfox
Senior Chat Moderator

Re: question of the Week (6/19 - 6/25) -- Memories with Dad

Unread post by sallyfox » Sun Jun 19, 2011 8:42 pm

You nailed that Trout..........

It really struck a cord.................. I wish I could still talk to him :|

He didnt judge, he paid his way........ and died with a cool hand Luke smile on his lips.

I will always want his quiet dignified strenght............

sodafett
Chat Moderator

Unread post by sodafett » Mon Jun 20, 2011 5:14 am

I never knew my biological father, but my dad, he is a quiet man, stern, but old school, he taught me a great many things, the main thing is that you can do anything if you put your mind to it. My fondest memory is going to a job with him when I was 5 years old, my dad is a carpenter, he would pay me to clean up little blocks of wood and he even made me a wooden car during a break, taking the wooden cutouts for door knobs and then a few blocks of angle cut wood, glue them together and there ya go :) I wish I still had that car....

jupider
Senior Chat Moderator

Unread post by jupider » Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:40 pm

I probably have more memories with my dad than I could type, and it would be so long, you all would just skip it over (tl;dnr) So instead, I'll just throw out a couple of quickies:

- Getting a stern lecture from burning down a small grass field (playing with matches.)
- Having a snowball fight and thinking it would be sneaky to put a chunk of ice in one. My dad was not pleased.
- He taught me how to ride a bike!
- Probably my best memories were from building plastic models together. I still have one of them. I would go so far as to say that it's one of my most valued possessions.

Nowadays, even though he lives 700 miles away, we still talk on the phone a lot and get together at family events whenever we can.
Gobberwart wrote:Jupider is EXACTLY right.
"In the time of war, we would never have left a man stranded."
"Maybe that's why we lost."

commandermack
Chat Moderator

Unread post by commandermack » Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:06 pm

None. :?