Where to begin

Talk about any non-gameplay-related happenings in the Paradox community (including chat).

Moderator: Public Forum Moderators

Topic author
Ragazi
Forum Addict

Where to begin

Unread post by Ragazi » Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:55 am

Funny how life is. Make changes, get things going, all is looking well.....then shake and stir.

As some of you know back on May 1st, I began training at my new job as a Juvenile Correctional Officer. Now the training for this takes 2 full months. Well on June 3rd the state announced they were closing three facilities, the one I got hired for was one of the three. So they promptly halted my training and stuck me at the front desk checking in personnel and doing searches, this is because I cannot work with the juveniles if my training is not completed.

Then I waited....

....for three whole weeks when the state got their proverbial excrement in order so they can figure out what to do with the nearly 1000 people they just told they were laying off. So within that three weeks I have been searching for a job, without much luck...well I may have had some luck as people in this area and surrounding are slow to respond to job inquiries (For example the job I got now I put in for it two months before I got the call).

Anyway....I was just informed yesterday that I was granted a transfer to a town 4 hours away. This news relieved a bunch of worries and created a bunch of new ones, such as I have no cash in savings. This is because when I first got the job I had to stretch a two week paycheck over 5 weeks because the new job only pays by the month and my old job was bi-weekly. So when I got my first paycheck from the new job I had to spend it all to pay off the stuff that billed over those five weeks. Anyway I have no cash in savings and I have to move. This will give me only one paycheck to perform the move in (which is feasible considering its nearly a 2k take-home and we don't really have much furniture). Plus the city I transferred to is offering 2,000$ to those that transfer to within the city limits, so I will be attempting to cash in on that too.

Anyway the reason I have not been around is because I have been focusing on my training until the above happened which caused me to use up my spare time looking for a job and now to work on trying to move. All of this has put everything on hold from Paradox to personal projects such as my web comics (Yes I have three in the works now).

So in conclusion I have missed you all and hope to return within the next month or two when the moving and training is finished.

commandermack
Chat Moderator

Re: Where to begin

Unread post by commandermack » Tue Jun 28, 2011 5:07 am

good luck... don't forget, there is always kick the can. xD

sallyfox
Senior Chat Moderator

Unread post by sallyfox » Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:19 am

fingers crossed for you Raggy...........

Cowboy
Forum Addict

Unread post by Cowboy » Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:59 pm

I hope it works out okay ragazi :(

Eboli2x4
Forum Regular

Unread post by Eboli2x4 » Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:32 pm

Good luck, friend! I'm pullin' for ya!

JazzyCat
Forum Moderator

Unread post by JazzyCat » Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:56 pm

I look forward to your return! Hugs!

Fizzbin
Forum Addict

Unread post by Fizzbin » Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:21 pm

Hang in there, dude.
Good luck! :)
Error: This signature no verb.

sodafett
Chat Moderator

Unread post by sodafett » Fri Jul 01, 2011 5:41 am

Good luck and keep your head up, brother :)

Topic author
Ragazi
Forum Addict

Unread post by Ragazi » Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:12 pm

I cant wait till this gets all settled down and I can get back to a routine.

Spiff
Wikinatrix

Unread post by Spiff » Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:47 am

I MISS YOU!!! SO DOES THE TEAM!!
The Spiff

LordCretin
Forum Addict

Unread post by LordCretin » Sun Jul 10, 2011 2:21 am

The cretinous one has moved a few times, in order to find work. It can be a stressful time, sure enough, but the silver lining is the (forced) adventure. Travelling/new far-flung homesteads are great for deepening your experiences and broadening your horizons.
My own journey has taken me from Ireland (ah 'ickle baba!), to Canada (childhood!), to Scotland (boo - no job!), to London (double boo - a job for 3 years!), to Wales (18 years - without unemployment, yay!).
Cardiff? Where the hell is Cardiff?? I mean, because of my Celtic background, I was aware of it, but - Cardiff? In the time I've been here, it has changed immensely. When I first arrived, I went for a walk down the street I now live on and was too concerned for my safety to walk the 20 minutes back to town. What's worse, no taxi firm would send a car out to The Packet Pub, to pick me up - honest! Since then, reconstruction means the old dockhouse workers would not recognise the area.
It's funny how it worked out for me. I've been lucky enough to get a nice council (public housing) flat, a 10 minute walk between the bay and downtown. Dr. Who and Torchwood film in my neighbourhood. (Ooh! I say it again. Ooh!) So, hopefully, I'm here to stay.
Unless I win the lotto and then it's double quick time to Hicksville-Cottage-By-The-Sea for me!

May your new home bring
A brand new experience
And teach you new worlds

sodafett
Chat Moderator

Unread post by sodafett » Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:17 am

I am soooo jealous!!! Dr. Who and Torchwood!!! :wink: