question of the Week (7/3 - 7/9) --celebrity sighting

Talk about any non-gameplay-related happenings in the Paradox community (including chat).

Moderator: Public Forum Moderators

Topic author
JazzyCat
Forum Moderator

question of the Week (7/3 - 7/9) --celebrity sighting

Unread post by JazzyCat » Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:00 pm

Here is a way to get to know one another a bit without getting too personal or taking too much time. I will ask a new question every Sunday. Post your response to the question and visit again throughout the week to comment on others’ responses as well.
To get things started, I will always answer the question when I post.

Please feel free to send me a pmail with suggestions on future questions of the week. I have received a few suggestions already. Thanks!

All players that answer the question will get a small gift of thanks from me. At the least: a hug, some food items, and some drink items.

______________________________________________________________________________________________

Here is this week's question:
Have you ever unexpectedly sighted a celebrity? Tell us about it!

My family and I were coming home from watching a band and as we were pulling out of the parking lot, my hubby asked if we knew who was in the car that just past us. My dad and I did not notice, but my hubby said it was Woody Harrelson. The car he was in turned about a block up the road and ended up coming to a stop in a paring lot. We pulled in and saw him get out of the car with a cute dog. We just said, "Aloha" to him from our car. He waved and said "aloha" back and we went on our merry way.

commandermack
Chat Moderator

Re: question of the Week (7/3 - 7/9) --celebrity sighting

Unread post by commandermack » Mon Jul 04, 2011 4:21 am

Well, living in florida, I see a ton of pro and ex-pro wrestlers. I've seen Hulk Hogan and Rob Van Dam. I actually sold 3 televisions to Rob Van Dam when I was working at circuit city. Funnily enough, he was wearing the same shirt he is wearing on his wikipedia page. ROFLMAO.

jupider
Senior Chat Moderator

Unread post by jupider » Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:30 pm

You guys will be happy. I typed out a long, drawn-out recollection of my encounger with Arnold Shwarzenegger at the Mall of America for his Jingle All The Way movie premiere. Unfortunately, due to me being drunk and tired, I somehow managed to close my Firefox browser, losing all the information that I typed. I don't feel like retyping it, so here's a super-brief in-a-nutshell summary:

At one time I lived in Minnesota. I visited the Mall of America on a daily, routine basis. One day at around 9 o'clock I ran into a crown of people flooding the third floor. I saw the film's director (who?), Sinbad, and unrecognizable man (who I later found out was Phil Hartman), a man dressed as Turboman, and Arnold himself. Just about everybody there was there since 5 in the morning just so they could SEE him. I got to the mall at my regular 9:30ish time and somehow managed to find myself at the top of a stopped escalator and was the LAST PERSON TO SHAKE HIS HAND before went up to the fourth floor for a private screening of his new movie. I was excited. I didn't wash my hand for days.

All I have to say is this: Don't believe Hollywood! Arnold is SHORT!!! I'm 6'1" and the dude barely came up to my chin. I shook his hand. It was him.

That is my celebrity "sighting."

Also, over this past 4th of July weekend while visiting my dad, I saw Bristol and Sarah Palin at the same mall. Go figure.
Gobberwart wrote:Jupider is EXACTLY right.
"In the time of war, we would never have left a man stranded."
"Maybe that's why we lost."

sodafett
Chat Moderator

Unread post by sodafett » Thu Jul 07, 2011 3:35 pm

I have to report no unexpected sightings of movie stars :(

LordCretin
Forum Addict

Unread post by LordCretin » Sun Jul 10, 2011 11:49 am

For far too many years, LordCretin has worked security at concerts. Some stars keep their heads about them and are lovely, while others succumb to the endless flow of screamers/sycophants and descend into insufferable snobbery. Mixed in there, are shades from ordinary folk to some of the hardiest party animals to crawl out of the proverbial zoo.

Yes, I have seen the dirty laundry.
Yes, I know names and details!
No, I am not going to tell you!!
Mwahahaha!!!

Just call me a tease, if you will, but part of my job is to not publicly gossip. Oh, go on then, I'll let slip one detail, just because it's you guys. Everyone else look away: The Dirty Sanchez lads (the British Jackass) are for real. I would lay odds that no-one here could keep up with them. What a grand group of crazies they are. Fun and friendly, just be sure to make your excuses before you wake up in a pool of (your?) bodily fluids.