question of the Week (7/10 - 7/16) --chores

Talk about any non-gameplay-related happenings in the Paradox community (including chat).

Moderator: Public Forum Moderators

Topic author
JazzyCat
Forum Moderator

question of the Week (7/10 - 7/16) --chores

Unread post by JazzyCat » Sun Jul 10, 2011 9:13 am

Here is a way to get to know one another a bit without getting too personal or taking too much time. I will ask a new question every Sunday. Post your response to the question and visit again throughout the week to comment on others’ responses as well.

All players that answer the question or respond to another player's response will get a small gift of thanks sent to you on my behalf from our awesome Pandora!

To get things started, I will always answer the question when I post.

______________________________________________________________________________________________

Here is this week's question:
What is your favorite chore to do around the house? Okay, not saying that you have to ENJOY it per se, but do you have any chores that you do not mind doing? If that is tough, talk about the chores you cannot stand doing!

I enjoy washing dishes by hand. When I was younger, I did not like it so much, and I would act like I was doing commercials to make it a bit more enjoyable.

In my house, I am the one who does the laundry. It is much more fun when I wash my sons' clothes because the clothes as so tiny and cute. It seems like I am never caught up on laundry, but that is just a time issue.

LordCretin
Forum Addict

Re: question of the Week (7/10 - 7/16) --chores

Unread post by LordCretin » Sun Jul 10, 2011 12:06 pm

When I get home after a long shift, I enjoy the very necessary and ritualistic chore of collapsing on the sofa, shuffling my boots to the floor and peeling off my socks.
The gasps! The sighs! The release!

I really just do NOT enjoy ironing.

commandermack
Chat Moderator

Unread post by commandermack » Sun Jul 10, 2011 3:31 pm

I love mowing the lawn. :P I love the exercise it gives and the smell of cut grass, I think I lose 5lbs every time I cut the grass.

Eboli2x4
Forum Regular

Unread post by Eboli2x4 » Sun Jul 10, 2011 4:09 pm

Most liked chore: Cooking. I enjoy the artistic challenge it poses. I pretty much know the taste and texture I want when I start a recipe. I may not achieve what I set out to, but I'll get it right eventually!
Worst hated chore: Mowing...

Topic author
JazzyCat
Forum Moderator

Unread post by JazzyCat » Sun Jul 10, 2011 4:39 pm

The one chore that really stands out that I cannot stand doing is cleaning the bathtub.

sallyfox
Senior Chat Moderator

Unread post by sallyfox » Sun Jul 10, 2011 7:14 pm

I HATE vacuming, doing dishes, clothes washing, clothes folding, doing floors, doing windows, dusting, sweeping, tidying up, organising the pantry, fridge and utensil drawers, polishing, taking out garbage, ironing, toilet and bathroom ANYTHING, new flowers (cause they turn into ded ones and then the water smells funny), any form of mopping/scrubbing, sorting, spring cleaning, recycling, gardening in anyway shape or form, re arranging, moving, or even looking under furniture, food shopping, paying bills and raising a pulse when not really required...............

I DO like cooking and cleaning my PC monitor, but thats about it.......... 8)

sodafett
Chat Moderator

Unread post by sodafett » Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:20 am

I enjoy vacuuming and organizing, and especially cooking, everything else can go out the window :)

Cowboy
Forum Addict

Unread post by Cowboy » Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:31 am

mowing is pretty fun :D

sodafett
Chat Moderator

Unread post by sodafett » Thu Jul 14, 2011 7:03 am

KilgoreTrout wrote:I suppose the chore I come closest to enjoying is the minor repairs needed around the home. Being able to come up with a solution to a problem and solving it gives one a sense of accomplishment that you don't get from chores such as cleaning, laundry, etc.

Oh and grocery shopping doesn't bother me in the least.
now those I enjoy as well :)
Cowboy wrote:mowing is pretty fun :D
that depends on how large the yard is, what type of mower, how many trees are in the yard and other things to mow/weed-eat around and what the temperature is outside... :lol: :twisted: