Question of the Week (7/24 - 7/30) --Beverages

Talk about any non-gameplay-related happenings in the Paradox community (including chat).

Moderator: Public Forum Moderators

Topic author
JazzyCat
Forum Moderator

Question of the Week (7/24 - 7/30) --Beverages

Unread post by JazzyCat » Sun Jul 24, 2011 2:15 pm

Here is a way to get to know one another a bit without getting too personal or taking too much time. I will ask a new question every Sunday. Post your response to the question and visit again throughout the week to comment on others’ responses as well.

All players that answer the question or respond to another player's response will get a small gift of thanks sent to you on my behalf from our awesome Pandora!

To get things started, I will always answer the question when I post.
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

This week's question is what is/ are your favorite drink(s) ?

I am a soda junkie!! I love all sorts of soda. I am sort of in a root beer kick right now. It is actually a great beverage to keep in my household since my hubby hates it! If I know I have a can or two left, it will be around when I want it.

Sometimes I prefer Pepsi over Coke and other times I prefer Coke. However, I do not like RC Cola or generic colas.

When I was in 2nd or 3rd grade, I drank Tab because that was my step-mom's favorite drink.

sodafett
Chat Moderator

Re: Question of the Week (7/24 - 7/30) --Beverages

Unread post by sodafett » Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:59 am

Coke (sniffles) Classic, not that remake crap, Dr. Pepper, Sprite, Rum, Crown Royal, Water, Kool-Aid, Tang, Apple Juice, Orange Juice, those are the drinks I like.

Cowboy
Forum Addict

Unread post by Cowboy » Mon Jul 25, 2011 1:26 pm

mojitos

Fizzbin
Forum Addict

Unread post by Fizzbin » Mon Jul 25, 2011 3:12 pm

Mmmmm, mojitos are delicious!
I like beer and gin-and-tonics also.

On the non-alcoholic side, I like colas, like Coke and Pepsi.
I've never liked root beer or Dr Pepper though.
I do like ginger beer.

When I was on a business trip to Maine, i tried a locally made soda called Moxie. It tasted......unusual.
Error: This signature no verb.

Topic author
JazzyCat
Forum Moderator

Unread post by JazzyCat » Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:47 pm

Anyone remember Pepsi Blue? MMmmmmm! Also, Mountain Dew Livewire. And I also like Mountain Dew Blast, but they only have it at Taco Bell and I do not go to Taco Bell very often.

I recently started drinking rasberry tea from the soda fountains at Costco and Subway. Yummy!

Oh yeah, and how about the Strawberry Lemonade at Sweet Tomatoes. Wow!

Fizzbin
Forum Addict

Unread post by Fizzbin » Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:08 pm

When i was in Japan, I always ended up with lots of pocket change, so I had some fun trying different sodas from vending machines. Some of my favorites were "Qoo" brand juice drinks, and various others like "Aquarius" and "D-Sport". One of the weird things I saw in Japan was beer in vending machines, right beside Coke and Pepsi machines. I even saw an airline-sized bottle of whisky in a vending machine for 4000 yen (about $40). Also, in some fast-food places, you can push a button to get a squirt of melon, vanilla, or apple-flavored syrup in your Coke. Apple-flavored Coke is pretty good.

I like how sodas outside of the United States are made with real sugar, instead of high-fructoise corn syrup. They taste more like my memories of soda when I was a kid. You can get Mexican Coca-Cola (in glass bottles, and made with real sugar!) in some places in the States, like Texas and Southern California.

One interesting thing about Australia was that Sprite and 7-Up are lemon-flavored, instead of lemon-lime flavored. Unsurprisingly, those drinks are called "lemonade" Down Under. I think I prefer Australian Sprite and 7-Up to the American versions.

EDIT: Oops, I meant 4000 yen, not 400.
Error: This signature no verb.

sodafett
Chat Moderator

Unread post by sodafett » Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:23 am

Wow.. some interesting drinks :) I agree with the real sugar drinks, they do taste a lot better, more like they used to when I was a kid.

commandermack
Chat Moderator

Unread post by commandermack » Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:57 am

old fashioned cocktail. :P

LordCretin
Forum Addict

Unread post by LordCretin » Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:16 pm

Ginger beer!
Yes! Yes!
The stronger, the better!
Most ginger beer in the UK is far too polite, meek and mild. As a teenager, I used to mix Jamaican ginger beer half and half with a 94% French Canadian alcohol. I don't recommend it. It was silly-ass machismo BS and at the time, I counted it as a badge of honour, that I could spit blood after drinking the stuff. Perhaps I was intellectually challenged. These days, I'm content with ginger beer on its own. Welllll... maybe with the odd touch of vodka:)