RALLY THE TROOPS! PARADOX MOVES FORWARD!

Talk about any non-gameplay-related happenings in the Paradox community (including chat).

Moderator: Public Forum Moderators

Topic author
Ragazi
Forum Addict

RALLY THE TROOPS! PARADOX MOVES FORWARD!

Unread post by Ragazi » Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:14 pm

Guys I would first off like to apologize for the delay on behalf of Gobberwart. Lets just say things have been busy for him and for me.

We had discussed stuff a while back on paradox moving forward and to be honest it is a large undertaking for anyone. I cannot speak much now on what is to come but I am glad to inform you that paradox will be moving forward and soon. Gobberwart and I are working on getting things moving again and are deeply sorry for the delay and we are in the process of making things so that there is no delay if someone gets tied up with real life.

So I am giving out a rally call for all those that had duties that keeps the game moving...mods...devs.....hell all players. We will prolly be needing people to fill open spots of those that are MIA or no longer with us as well as filling in new spots so lets get to getting active... Post here to check in.

and one more thing.....

It's About Time!!!

sallyfox
Senior Chat Moderator

Re: RALLY THE TROOPS! PARADOX MOVES FORWARD!

Unread post by sallyfox » Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:19 am

Im here..............

JazzyCat
Forum Moderator

Unread post by JazzyCat » Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:59 am

I am here too! Will do what I can, as always.

sodafett
Chat Moderator

Unread post by sodafett » Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:37 am

Her, I am, yes?

Topic author
Ragazi
Forum Addict

Unread post by Ragazi » Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:05 pm

Okay I am going to be posting updates of progress to keep you all informed and to insure to each and every player that we are moving forward. In the last few days we have accomplished.....

1). A starting point to move forward from. Gobbwart is back to coding and is checking what is in place to make sure everything is solid and ready to go.

2). Content writing has resumed and is well on the way.

3). I will be honest on this one, we have not started back up on the beta content YET. But that will be coming within the next few weeks. I know you are all anxious but we are going to be taking slow steps to get things moving again. Its not a fast thing to get something that has sat so long moving again, I promise it will be done though....if I have to do everything myself it will be done.

4). We are working on stirring up activity on game chat and the forums. I know things have been slow but be patient they will pick up.

5). The radio is well on the way to picking back up on activity and live broadcasting. Thank you sodafett. :)

6). Jazzycat will be announcing something exciting within the next day or two of this posting.

7). Gobbwart should have some new content ready soon. Once he completes #1. It may not be much but its something.

Thats about all there is for now. Me and gobberwart are hard at work on getting things moving so stay tuned next week we will post more progress. Until then I need EVERYONES help. I want you all to get in contact with everyone you know that used to play and those that dont play and are new. I want those people to start playing and returning because things are getting ready to hop and I don't want them to miss it.

So this is the official call to arms. Lets get things active again people!

Gobberwart
Developer

Unread post by Gobberwart » Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:38 pm

What he said. Except in the second-last paragraph, where he probably meant to say "Gobberwart and I", but I'm sure he knew that :P

Great post Ragazi, your black shirt is in the mail :)

JazzyCat
Forum Moderator

Unread post by JazzyCat » Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:20 pm

I just have to say how happy I feel right now! Thanks everyone for everything that you are doing!

Topic author
Ragazi
Forum Addict

Unread post by Ragazi » Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:59 am

Yes Gobberwart and I.....grammar nazi. :p

Blaize
Forum Addict

Unread post by Blaize » Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:32 am

I'm here! And sober! Xxx

Spiff
Wikinatrix

Unread post by Spiff » Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:45 pm

Lol Im here and sober as well. and hey listen ive just now gotten google+ on my phone and if yall want to video chat sometime my email is spiffsyourdaddy@gmail.com. Just thought it would be a good way to get communication going. Also from the beginning Gobb and I have said since I own and run the wiki I cant partake in some activities. But there are plenty of things I can do that wont give me any spoilers. So just let me know if anyone needs help. And as for the wiki If any of my team members are called to help Gobb its okay I can run the wiki for now on my own. I am just excited to hear that there will be new stuffs soon and Gobb glad your back. :P
The Spiff

Gobberwart
Developer

Unread post by Gobberwart » Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:15 pm

I know what you can do, Spiff.. Something about those bloody popup ads on the wiki! Ughhhhhh!

You know I love you and all but DUDE!

jupider
Senior Chat Moderator

Unread post by jupider » Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:29 pm

Here's my solution for popup ads (Firefox):
Options>Content>[X] Block pop-up windows.

Problem solved!!
Gobberwart wrote:Jupider is EXACTLY right.
"In the time of war, we would never have left a man stranded."
"Maybe that's why we lost."

Spiff
Wikinatrix

Unread post by Spiff » Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:52 pm

Well not many people know this, but when the wiki was first conceived... well lets just say me and google ad didnt get along for a few months. So pretty much anything that will get people clicking on ANY ads while visiting will help me. I mean hell we all need more money these days you know this GOBB. uhm yes there is a way to turn them off voluntarily on your browser but pretty much i am not going to change them because of long term effects. When we do start getting 100's of people playing the game and using the wiki i will actually make a buck or two off of the pop-ups. so i am sorry to say just deal with it. plus ive settled up with you for this year ;) love you guys
The Spiff

Gobberwart
Developer

Unread post by Gobberwart » Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:55 pm

There you go people... Spiff loves money and doesn't care if she annoys people to get it, even if it's hundreds of people she annoys just for a buck or two! You heard it first right here :)

I'm probably joking :D

Topic author
Ragazi
Forum Addict

Unread post by Ragazi » Fri Mar 09, 2012 2:14 am

Could I pay you the couple of bucks to get rid of the adds? :p

Spiff
Wikinatrix

Unread post by Spiff » Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:11 am

If i could come through the computer id kick ur aussie butt .....

Im probably not joking :D

Okay all joking aside i have altered the Ads. if anyone sees the "pop-up" or "slider" ads after today let me know. And actually i dont make any money unless players click on them... soo yeah.
The Spiff

Gobberwart
Developer

Unread post by Gobberwart » Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:31 am

Hahaha, yeah you get over here girl, and we'll see who does what to whose butt :P

LordCretin
Forum Addict

Unread post by LordCretin » Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:49 pm

>.>
<.<
oo...er...
The cretin feels faint...

Cowboy
Forum Addict

Unread post by Cowboy » Sat Mar 10, 2012 5:13 pm

I can help write more content when needed.

Topic author
Ragazi
Forum Addict

Unread post by Ragazi » Sat Mar 10, 2012 11:45 pm

How do I get up with you?

sallyfox
Senior Chat Moderator

Unread post by sallyfox » Sun Mar 11, 2012 2:09 am

Say "brokeback mountain" 3x and click your heels........... :lol:

Topic author
Ragazi
Forum Addict

Unread post by Ragazi » Sun Mar 11, 2012 3:05 am

Okies people update time.

1). Gob has completed his preliminary checks of the coding. The coding checks out okay for implementing simple things but needs repair for major changes. What does this mean? Well quiet simple we can come up with content and implement it on small scales. Such as holidays, new items, a new combat here and there. But no major changes or additions such as character classes, skills or new zones (that are not already on the testing servers) until he fixes all the bugs he has. Anyone have a can or Raid? :p

2). Remember that content writing I mentioned that was well on its way? Well its in the final stages of review and will be implemented in time for upcoming events.

3). After careful consideration and hours of talking with gob. Further progress on the beta content is on hold for several reason (#1 above being one of the main ones) as well as needing more time to review what had been done up to this point. There is a lot of information there and we don't want to rush into mistakes. So patience please and don't worry we will still be bringing you content new and fresh each month. It might be some big exciting new stuff or something as small as a new item but here is the thing. If you are not here you might miss it! ;)

4). Sallyfox and Jazzycat are working hard on stirring up activity in chat. They are doing a marvelous job consider what there is to work with. Help them out and log on and spread the word!!!

5). No new news on the radio front yet but as they say in the biz. Stay tuned....

6). I guess you already know what the exciting news is from Jazzycat and if you can put #2 + 2 together you can figure out what will be in the chat event!

Thats all for now. So long on and get active people. Change is on the way very soon and you don't wanna miss it. Don't take that wait and see attitude because of past stalled attempts we are moving forward people. So hop on board!

jimmyBUFFET
Forum Addict

Unread post by jimmyBUFFET » Tue Mar 13, 2012 5:53 am

jimmy reporting for duty...no important duties, but I'll be there to spade for poor, spoiler-starved spiffy.

-jB

Gobberwart
Developer

Unread post by Gobberwart » Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:56 pm

To add to what Raggy said:

1) All major bugs in the dev copy of the code have been squished, except for one class library that has over 200 differences I need to check out. I doubt there's anything important but I need to make absolutely sure.

So, what that means is that we should be able to give you something pretty cool within... well, a couple of weeks actually.

Fun :)

JazzyCat
Forum Moderator

Unread post by JazzyCat » Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:39 am

Sweeeeet! I'll be here!

commandermack
Chat Moderator

Unread post by commandermack » Sun Mar 25, 2012 2:08 pm

OK, so I'm officially back on a computer and out of that middle of no-where town in Tennessee. So consider seeing me on a daily-2-bi-daily basis... SORRY, I know it hurts to hear. :evil:

Topic author
Ragazi
Forum Addict

Unread post by Ragazi » Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:55 am

Okay update time. YAY!

1). Gob has gone through some TEMPORARY lifestyle changes. He is having some family live with him for up to the next month. What does this mean Raggy? (You ask.) Well... It means he will have major problems getting peace and quiet needed to work on paradox. This does not mean that he will however NOT have time to work on it. We are currently looking into getting more content up in this time. Because of this though I personally am considering this time as down time. This is giving me more than adequate time to prepare the planning and put my cute little duckies in a row so when gob is no longer stressed and gets back to work we will be ready to go and speed on towards beta.

2). During the down time I will accomplish the following. Establish a clear and concise plan to attack beta. You may not think something like that takes a lot of planning but it does. For example you have to scrutinize each step to make sure that you are not overlooking anything so are not backtracking to cover stuff that is needed first. Worst thing that could happen in that kind of mess is redoing something wasting weeks-worth of time. Would totally suck to delay beta that much.

3). I have already assembled a content writing team and we are hard at work at the next piece of content. What is that you are wondering? Well I cannot say entirely what it is yet except that it is an entire new zone and that it has been discussed over the years with the former development team. Trust me it is long awaited content and it will definitely have a new and fresh feeling and the type of content has never before seen game play in paradox. It will also keep people occupied for at least a week if not a month as the explore and figure it out.

4). The token store is going to see a much needed upgrade soon. No I am not speaking of a new LEI, although that may very well ALSO take place. I am speaking of a new token item that will have such a use that it will be able to stay in the store for YEARS and never become boring, old and/or stale. So save up your moolah/cash and be ready. Just to warn you now it will cost two tokens instead of one.

5). The last topic I wanted to address is holiday content. Due to gobs current uhm...living arrangement we cannot promise any new holiday content at this time, if it does happen though so be it. We are still going to try to put out holiday content that is not rushed and junky. We can not promise anything though. So stay tuned and check back when you would normally expect holiday content.

6). We promise to post new content if it happens, whatever it may be. So stay tuned.

sallyfox
Senior Chat Moderator

Unread post by sallyfox » Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:12 pm

Thanks you......... :D

Gobberwart
Developer

Unread post by Gobberwart » Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:25 am

Thanks for posting that update, Rag!

As mentioned above, things on my side have been turned upside-down thanks to the arrival of some house-guests who were meant to stay for three days but who may now be here for... well, hopefully no more than another week, but it could be until April 20! Hopefully not longer! What that means is that every room in my house (and outside) is occupied either by people, or by their stuff, and that getting space to do anything is pretty much impossible. It's been suggested that I should lock myself in the toilet (yeah, thanks), but unfortunately these same people require use of that room as well! Inconsiderate sods LOL

Normally, I'd try to get things done during work hours when things are quiet, but that's also not happening at the moment due to... well, let's just say things aren't great there either.

Regardless, I'm hopeful everything will be sorted soon, and in the meanwhile I am still working with Ragazi when I can, and he is DEFINITELY making progress, together with other people, so there's plenty happening behind the scenes.