Why hast thou abandoned me!?

Talk about any non-gameplay-related happenings in the Paradox community (including chat).

Moderator: Public Forum Moderators

Topic author
jupider
Senior Chat Moderator

Why hast thou abandoned me!?

Unread post by jupider » Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:36 pm

I know that I personally have not been on a lot recently, (not having home internet access will do that) but it appears that the interest in continuing the development of this exceptional game has ceased. Key persons involved with said development have appeared to have abandoned it. (Dear God, my grammar sucks when I'm drunk.) Despite the fact that I can only pop in on occasion, I'm holding out on the hope that one of these days I will log in to see that everything is well under control and any such abandonment was purely fictional.

There is no refuge.

There is no alternative.

This must live or I cannot.

Okay, that last part was a bid dramatic, but you catch my meaning. I WANT PARADOX TO LIVE!!! DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND!?!? WE'VE COME TOO FAR!! I... nay, WE must not lose faith or hope now! This means too much! To the community. To those starving kids in Africa that don't know the feeling of beating up a defenseless mime in a park... okay... I'm kind of straying there again. *ahem*

I'm not giving up. I refuse to give up. Paradox will live. I refuse to accept the probability that it has been left for dead.

Who's with me? Speak now or see thy own true destiny!!
Gobberwart wrote:Jupider is EXACTLY right.
"In the time of war, we would never have left a man stranded."
"Maybe that's why we lost."

SportGuy
Forum Addict

Re: Why hast thou abandoned me!?

Unread post by SportGuy » Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:00 pm

Ok, first of all this post made me laugh, possibly more than it should have. Second I don't necessarily think the game is dead although sometimes I get the feeling it is headed that way. However, for now, I would say it's very slowly evolving. :P

LordCretin
Forum Addict

Unread post by LordCretin » Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:24 am

LordCretin has decided what we all need is a sudden orgasmic-like rush of pins-n-needles game-lust to keep us all phreaky-phrilled with the wazzup-wowzahz of what-may-come.
-ahem-,
excuse me while the cretin arranges himself in a shadowy corner...

Alright then, all ready!

LordCretin
Forum Addict

Unread post by LordCretin » Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:32 am

Shhh... be vewwy vewwy cwiet, te cwetin is fowum hunting...
(LordCretin will jump out from behind and tickle-pinch the ribs of anyone, every time they look at this thread.)

sallyfox
Senior Chat Moderator

Unread post by sallyfox » Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:14 am

I hear you Jup........

I try hard not to post when Im drunk.......... so I must do something about being sober sometime, however....... :?

Paradox isnt ded............ far from it, but yeah, a number of things need to "happen" here. :wink: And they will........ eventually.

For me, its hard to throw comps/parties/events when the numbers are so low.......... but yet, those that are here SHOULD be accommodated, so I will do something about that soon........honest!!

Sometimes its hard to keep the faith, even for me, but when I see a few of our number in chat (which is surprisingly often :shock: ) it keeps me grounded and content :D

Gobb will "get round to things".......... paradox is still very much his baby, but family, job and R/L issues will always be the priority for most of us............as it is with Gobb. REST assured, if the game was gonna go balls up, I promise, Gobb would immeadiately tell the people and NOT push out a 2 token item within the last 2 months............ :lol:

It IS hard hanging in there, but as long as there are people like Jazzy. the cretin and others around the wait always seems bearable.........

Yes, I can understand how many people might be wondering about the future of the site OR if there is one......... I say there will be a bright one............eventually

Jup........ I am right beside you ........

JazzyCat
Forum Moderator

Unread post by JazzyCat » Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:15 am

I still fully support Paradox! I believe in it and have been around for a long time. That being said, RL has been very, very busy recently.
Sally and a few others know my email address and can always get a hold of me that way. I do miss having a lot of time to sit in chat and run my turns. RL is awesome right now. Just crazy busy with work and two little boys.

sodafett
Chat Moderator

Unread post by sodafett » Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:13 am

I am in as often as I can be, and when I am DJing, I am in practically all day :) at least 4 hours, even though I time out alot... decided singing to myself in chat was not worthy of a Fett :P

Cowboy
Forum Addict

Unread post by Cowboy » Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:26 pm

I don't really have time to help Ragazi anymore, but I do hope the game doesn't die. :)