Paradox Prattle........ its a daily thing

Talk about any non-gameplay-related happenings in the Paradox community (including chat).

Moderator: Public Forum Moderators

Topic author
sallyfox
Senior Chat Moderator

Re: Paradox Prattle........ its a daily thing

Unread post by sallyfox » Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:55 am

And so say all of us.................................

Gobberwart wrote:
Jupider is EXACTLY right.

Cant argue with that 8)

JazzyCat
Forum Moderator

Unread post by JazzyCat » Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:10 am

Well said, jupider!

LordCretin
Forum Addict

Unread post by LordCretin » Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:21 am

I don’t know… It seems a little harsh to me. Emotions are not such a straightforward experience. Pain is a multi-directional thing. While personal pain may feel the most intrusive, it is not exclusively personal. That is, not in a group setting. When emotions are expressed from within a group, they can quickly magnify, especially when they are then directed at one person. That person’s experience will be very different from that of the group. The person becomes a focus point and might end up feeling the pain at a much stronger level than was intended by the individuals from within the group.

Keep in mind, we don’t know the complexities of each other’s lives and mindsets. I’m well aware that this message may come across as overtly preachy or insincerely diplomatic and I’m sorry for that, but I feel its necessary. I never did jump into the deep end of internet relationships. I still feel a little bit like it’s talking to someone who’s not there. I know that’s not true, but its where my head remains. I have the same issue with telephones. Some folk I know, rip into me because I’m not readily available by phone, but that just encourages my aversion to telephones.

I’m uncomfortable expressing all this, from outside of a face-to-face discussion. Conclusions, from myself or otherwise, are too easy to get wrong and incorrect conclusions can all too easily replace intended messages. And all the more so, when it remains unclear that different perceptions exist. Think art, instead of math.

If personal ability is preventing group activity, then it can be helpful for the group to respond with acceptance, not something that may be received as aggression.

For what its worth, I’m too critical when judging myself. I’ve readily accepted people back into groups while being far too slow to step back into the fold myself. A local pub is a good example of that. Regulars can be proverbially crucified for being away for a while, before they are accepted back. I don’t like to think of how many time I’ve lost contact with people, because of reactions like that, because I’ve been away and have no desire to face a gauntlet of anger. Having said all this now, I’m going to feel like an asshat, if I disappear for a while, as I’m known to do, both on the web and in regular day-to-day activities.

I understand that some folk require emotional expression for a healthy output, but others can be stifled by it. For my part, I can be remarkably stoic and then overreacting, when pushed too far. If I’ve offended anyone by saying this, then it’s OK to say something negative to me. Just don’t shout it at me, unless you intend for me to receive it as shouting. Just be aware, whether or not you intention was to be aggressive, shout at me and aggression is what I’ll perceive.

That’s not to say that some valid points have been made. This is all too serious for me to maintain, so I’ll bring the cretin back into it…

What has four legs and flies?

Answer in the next post…

LordCretin
Forum Addict

Unread post by LordCretin » Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:22 am

A dead horse.

HAHAHAHA!!!

JazzyCat
Forum Moderator

Unread post by JazzyCat » Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:42 pm

In unrelated news....... my little Oliver may be a model in a catalogue. Will keep you posted. :-)

Topic author
sallyfox
Senior Chat Moderator

Unread post by sallyfox » Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:51 pm

Good point............ crappy joke Lord........ 8)

I guess over-enthusiasum by a group of people can be intimidating, or make one feel "pressured"

I guess that when Jup made his "WHAT" post, we all chimed in pretty fast. BUT, hopefully Gobb will contextually take in the bottom line........ we dont care if he has nothing to give (re content etc), we just want HIM the person back

Yeah, we do see him as a leading light, so I guess we are playing toss the halo a little..............

However, the points you made really do ring a bell......... with me anyway :cry:

Whenever I see anyone here that has been away for a while, I tend to jump all over them, ask a million silly questions, and then try and talk em into dropping in more etc............ I can now see that yeah, in some cases I probably do more harm than good......... so your insight is appreciated Lord.

Thats my loose change jar's worth.................. :)

LordCretin
Forum Addict

Unread post by LordCretin » Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:49 pm

Jazzy,
/Me waves to Oliver: oo cwoot ‘ickle dickens oo. Good luck!

Foxy,
For what it’s worth, I have a tendency to worry too much. That and…
Yes, it is awful! The cretin lurrrves crappy jokes. That one is my fave. My second favourite toe-curler is not for public consumption… hee, hee…

Jupider,
The cretinous one has shared a private message with you, about rubber gloves and cattle prods. oo-er, sir!

Cowboy
Forum Addict

Unread post by Cowboy » Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:06 pm

Glad to see Gobbers back :)

sodafett
Chat Moderator

Unread post by sodafett » Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:31 am

I think that is a common thing, though, to ask a bazillion questions when someone you care about comes back from a long absence, to be honest. Cretin has some good points though, especially since there really are not more people working on things, most of it falls on Gobb and hence the feeling the pressure, because one or two people asking about new content is not too bad, depending upon the way they are asking, but repeated questions from numerous people can get agitating, and when things pop up to prevent it, then people can get a bit pushy. I apologize if I have added any pressure to you Gobb. You should feel comfortable and stress free here, I am truly happy to be a part of this wonderful community of people, my family :)

Soda

Gobberwart
Developer

Unread post by Gobberwart » Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:56 pm

Thanks guys and girls. I appreciate it, I really do. I still don't really know what to do about it but well, yeah, it's nice to know you still want me back even if I've got nothing to give you :)

jupider
Senior Chat Moderator

Unread post by jupider » Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:53 pm

You being back is giving enough. :) We miss you, Gobb.
Gobberwart wrote:Jupider is EXACTLY right.
"In the time of war, we would never have left a man stranded."
"Maybe that's why we lost."

Topic author
sallyfox
Senior Chat Moderator

Unread post by sallyfox » Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:49 pm

Gee its been so hot lately........... and with a few of our states merrily burning away (as usual) its still a pretty slow news week........

And Ive been thinking and pondering a lot lately, so Im mostly in my own little world :shock:

Thanks for that Lord............ :P

Promise I will think of something great to say or do soon........... :oops:

SportGuy
Forum Addict

Unread post by SportGuy » Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:57 am

Happy 2013 everyone. It's good you're all still around and the world indeed did not end. I have a heavier course load this semester than last so I'm even busier with that. I still miss all of you though and hope to continue to see you around. :)

sodafett
Chat Moderator

Unread post by sodafett » Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:06 am

Anything you say is great, Foxy, just as you are, and I agree, Gobb, you being here is giving enough, things will fall into place when they fall into place, but we can't have a community, without people here and if people are here, word gets out and the others come back too, the more people here, the more we can do to keep our community alive, like contests and such, new content is fun, but everyone knows it is all a work in progress and work has not stalled, just slowed down. Good to see ya again, Sport, hope to see all of you in chat again, soon :)

Soda

Topic author
sallyfox
Senior Chat Moderator

Unread post by sallyfox » Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:19 am

Heh...... LOVE the 'tude :D

Yup......... effort must come from within (wow, I feel like a failure) :roll:

Im not hot anymore, so I will think of something soon! Or something.............. :D

Ragazi
Forum Addict

Unread post by Ragazi » Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:16 pm

8) :lol: :twisted:

Topic author
sallyfox
Senior Chat Moderator

Unread post by sallyfox » Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:07 am

Cool, happy and evil, huh?

Ok pinky......... start talkin' the talk :lol:

Ragazi
Forum Addict

Unread post by Ragazi » Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:24 pm

:shock: :? :o

Topic author
sallyfox
Senior Chat Moderator

Unread post by sallyfox » Sun Feb 03, 2013 5:37 am

Been caught up with helping a real life friend with a real life problem.............. :shock:

Rare......... and enlongated because of communication "difficulties" :roll:

Thats my excuse for being less than regular the past week or so.........

Absolutely adore you all STILL, of course :D

sodafett
Chat Moderator

Unread post by sodafett » Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:06 am

I amdown with back injury and will not be on for a bit, can barely sit or stand and even painful laying down, see soon, everyone, love you

Soda

jupider
Senior Chat Moderator

Unread post by jupider » Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:56 pm

Get well soon, Soda. Let us know when you're better. :)

Topic author
sallyfox
Senior Chat Moderator

Unread post by sallyfox » Sat Feb 09, 2013 3:19 am

A rare few weeks in my life........... :shock: Am on a note pad in a place that is is not mine. Heh, I almost feel like im sending out a message in a bottle. Im doing ok, and still deeply love paradox and those that dwell within............I feel seriously guilty for neglecting the site for near on 2 weeks and 4 days...........and this will probably happen for a few more weeks :roll: (yeah, Im less than gracious) However, somkethings in life ARE bigger than self...........and this is such a time. The days/weeks just seem to skip by atm................ I feel really bad for neglecting those here........... and I feel really dumb for not knowing how to space/place my writing on this bloody stupid thing................it is seriously hard to go from 24" screen for 10 years, onto a piddly lilittle screen/pad the size of a cigarette packet......................feel free to go "awwwwwww" Love you all, catch you when I can............like, really :D

LordCretin
Forum Addict

Unread post by LordCretin » Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:17 am

LordCretin tippity-toes...
downwind from the fox...
Quietly... steathily...
AND YANKS HER RABBIT EARS!
O!... M!... G!
HAHAHAHA!!
(.. Runs off back to the protection of his Veggie Patch)

Topic author
sallyfox
Senior Chat Moderator

Unread post by sallyfox » Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:47 am

Now on a laptop..........better, but meh......... :oops:

Still away from home, but in a slightly better net situation.(thanks for the ear pull Lord) :D

Still here........ ABSOLUTELY! :D

JazzyCat
Forum Moderator

Unread post by JazzyCat » Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:18 pm

Happy Valentine's Day everyone! Lots of love and even more hugs to everyone!

Happy Anniversary to my most amazing hubby too! <3 Ten years later and still going strong.

I am coming down with a cold. I guess that is one drawback of being a teacher, having one son in preschool, and having one son go to daycare a couple days a week. Time to build super strong immune systems!

Luckily it is a 3 day weekend here. Hoping to have lots of time to rest as well having an amazing date with my hubby.

Topic author
sallyfox
Senior Chat Moderator

Unread post by sallyfox » Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:45 am

Good to hear Jazzy! :D

Miss you, love you 8)

Dad
Forum Regular

Unread post by Dad » Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:52 am

Good evening Paracites :)

JazzyCat
Forum Moderator

Unread post by JazzyCat » Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:13 am

nice to see ya, Dad! Hope you are well!

Hubby and I had a great date night. However, the babysitters were disappointed we came home so early. They want to babysit again and want us to be out longer than three hours! I love my friends! <3

Topic author
sallyfox
Senior Chat Moderator

Unread post by sallyfox » Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:39 am

Heh....... sounds all good Jazzy! ":)

Great to see you still round Dad............ forfathers are cool 8)

sodafett
Chat Moderator

Unread post by sodafett » Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:41 am

Miss you guys, I am still down with my back, so won't be on this week, I have good news though, the results from my last blood work are in and my blood sugars are almost under control, my A1C levels are 6.8, down from 11 :) if anyone here knows what that means... lol love you guys, miss you guys and I will definitely do my best to get back on next week. and OMG!!! Was that really Dad?!?

Soda

Topic author
sallyfox
Senior Chat Moderator

Unread post by sallyfox » Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:26 pm

BACK HOME!!!! :D

The outside world sucked every bit as much as I imagined it would ............

I havent even unpacked! :shock: Just wanted to touch base............ will post again once Ive had a few hours to settle in :D

JazzyCat
Forum Moderator

Unread post by JazzyCat » Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:02 pm

Not much to report here. However, I am tired of the Jazzy Clan being sick!
For over a month at least one of us has had SOMETHING! It is getting old!

It is going to be so nice when we are all well again!!!!

Love and hugs to you all. Make sure that you are wearing your protective mask near me though!

jupider
Senior Chat Moderator

Unread post by jupider » Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:00 pm

/me is going on an out-of-state road trip (with the Mrs. to keep me company and "entertained." ;) for some training for my work. Traveling from NE Indiana to Austin, TX. 2 days driving, 8-9 hours per day. I could have flown (I LOVE flying!), but I'm anti-TSA and refuse to be treated like a criminal just for wanting to travel in my own country!! I swear, if they would just allow *everyone* to carry a weapon on a plane, there would never be a hijacked plane ever again; these dumbass politicians with their knee-jerk reactions are moving in the wrong direction.

Topic author
sallyfox
Senior Chat Moderator

Unread post by sallyfox » Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:50 pm

Im puddling along, back in mah usual routine (avoiding society generally)..... YAY! :D

"Living life" certainly has hair all over it...............

But now Im back in a good place. Ive built a "fort" of sofa cushions around my desktop....... It should hold me in good stead for the rest of the year :D

Back on the look out here............. see u all soon :wink:

sodafett
Chat Moderator

Unread post by sodafett » Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:54 pm

I MISS YOU ALL!!!!
no show for me tonight, on my way to the ER, having some serious burning pain in my feet today, started yesterday as I had to trudge a couple of miles through sludge and ended up with soaked and frozen feet for about 4 hours before i could remove my socks and shoes, I know it is neuropathy from my diabetes, but I am hoping they can at least give me something to stop the pain, can barely walk from the burning.

Topic author
sallyfox
Senior Chat Moderator

Unread post by sallyfox » Sat Mar 02, 2013 4:47 am

Hope you heal quickly Soda! :shock:

DRINK heals the pain............... so Im drinking to your health! ........ and IM feeling no pain........

More people need to say "hi" more often me thinks......... it would stave off my feelings of death etc..... :D

LordCretin
Forum Addict

Unread post by LordCretin » Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:15 am

- W00SH! -

Lord Cretin flies by on a chariot pulled by 53 sheep

sodafett
Chat Moderator

Unread post by sodafett » Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:02 am

No Soda this week, real life decided to kick me while I am down, sorry everyone.
Drink a bunch for me Foxy, I need it, trying to keep my chin up over here, but waiting for that roundhouse that I know is coming.

Topic author
sallyfox
Senior Chat Moderator

Unread post by sallyfox » Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:37 am

I hear ya.........

I wont stop fighting till the final bell rings :shock:

jupider
Senior Chat Moderator

Unread post by jupider » Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:11 pm

*sigh*
Just wanna let everyone know I'm still around. Pop in every few days, just don't have much to talk about. :|

Topic author
sallyfox
Senior Chat Moderator

Unread post by sallyfox » Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:46 am

Thanks Jup :D

We still look for a way out of the desert :wink:

sodafett
Chat Moderator

Unread post by sodafett » Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:08 am

I am here, yay!! On the air, missing everyone :)

Topic author
sallyfox
Senior Chat Moderator

Unread post by sallyfox » Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:58 pm

Finally........ our heatwave is over! .......... for now :roll:

Wow its been a debilitating looong hot summer here in Aus....................

For over 2 months its been too hot for anything....... inside OR outdoors.

Might have to throw a party soon or something........ the joy/relief I feel is tangable :D

Gimmie an ice cold Soda........... :D

sodafett
Chat Moderator

Unread post by sodafett » Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:32 am

Well... it is icy and cold here, so come and get me Foxy Sally!!!

On a side note, no show for me today, allerigies are acting up very badly.

JazzyCat
Forum Moderator

Unread post by JazzyCat » Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:18 am

Just wanted to send love and hugs to you all! I'm still around!

LordCretin
Forum Addict

Unread post by LordCretin » Sun Mar 17, 2013 6:53 pm

Wee!
Happy St. Paddy's Day.
LordCretin shakes his Irish born tush at his fellow aficionados.
Double wee!

Topic author
sallyfox
Senior Chat Moderator

Unread post by sallyfox » Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:04 pm

Was a real treat to see you in chat on st pats day Lord! :D

I had a glass for all mah paradox friends :lol:

Later, I had an asprin for ALL mah paradox friends.................. :|

LordCretin
Forum Addict

Unread post by LordCretin » Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:40 am

Wee! Hee, hee!
The fox and the cretin explored a secret!
O... M... G... !
What was it?
(check out Gameplay Discussion)

LordCretin
Forum Addict

Unread post by LordCretin » Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:55 pm

Rock n Roll baby!
The cretinous one and Eboli spent some quality rocking tune-times with DJ SodaFett. Paulie and Caoimhin donned their antenna hats and "Kiss me I'm the DJ" t-shirts and jiggled the night away on the mixing desk.
Cheers Mr DJ!

Topic author
sallyfox
Senior Chat Moderator

Unread post by sallyfox » Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:31 am

Dang! Missed it................

* lays in wait.................. 8)