FYI

Talk about any non-gameplay-related happenings in the Paradox community (including chat).

Moderator: Public Forum Moderators

Topic author
Eboli2x4
Forum Regular

FYI

Unread post by Eboli2x4 » Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:56 pm

Sun, Sep 8, 2013 22:20 - Gobberwart
There may be some down time over the next few days/weeks as I move Paradox to a less-expensive hosting provider.
Didn't see it announced in the forums...

jupider
Senior Chat Moderator

Re: FYI

Unread post by jupider » Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:56 pm

Well, at least he's not just letting it go. This could mean he still has interest.

I shall remain hopeful. :)
Gobberwart wrote:Jupider is EXACTLY right.
"In the time of war, we would never have left a man stranded."
"Maybe that's why we lost."

sodafett
Chat Moderator

Unread post by sodafett » Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:17 am

YAY!!!!!

Gobberwart
Developer

Unread post by Gobberwart » Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:24 pm

It hasn't actually happened, yet... I've been able to hang on to the more-expensive server for now, by the skin of my teeth. I'd rather keep it that way if I can because it won't take much to ramp up beyond the capabilities of anything cheaper and switching back and forth between servers is a royal pain in the proverbial.

We're pretty much on the lowest possible cost-per-month dedicated server hosting I can find at the moment, which means the entire server is ours and we're not at risk of being throttled at peak times, or at the mercy of idiots who run processor/memory-intensive scripts at all sorts of weird hours. Anyone who's been here for a few years will remember the issues we had with shared hosting before (pages taking minutes to load, sudden reboots, chat timeouts etc.)

Anyway, this runs about $40 US per month and, as always, any contributions are gratefully accepted.