Halloween

Talk about any non-gameplay-related happenings in the Paradox community (including chat).

Moderator: Public Forum Moderators

Topic author
Spiff
Wikinatrix

Halloween

Unread post by Spiff » Sun Oct 18, 2015 3:49 pm

This year there will be new halloween content so I hope everyone can make it also I will be online throughout the day giving out prizes from my personal collection to get a small chat event going if you attend you get a prize. Plus there will be dice rolls and other games. So join us and enjoy the new content!!!!
The Spiff

LordCretin
Forum Addict

Re: Halloween

Unread post by LordCretin » Mon Oct 19, 2015 1:03 am

Hee! Hee!

The boys are deciding on a dress-up theme, practicing their ghoulish hOWls and decking out The Veggie Patch for a sp00ktacular munchies sale.
Remember, its Halloween... so not only are you allowed, but you're ethically obliged to stuff your belly till you make yourself horribly sick. Bring your buckets! And don't worry, we'll clean up any spillovers.

~sp00ky~

Topic author
Spiff
Wikinatrix

Unread post by Spiff » Mon Oct 19, 2015 3:42 am

Thanks Cretin!!!!
The Spiff

sallyfox
Senior Chat Moderator

Unread post by sallyfox » Wed Oct 21, 2015 7:13 am

Noted :)

jupider
Senior Chat Moderator

Unread post by jupider » Wed Oct 21, 2015 3:01 pm

I can't guarantee for how long I can stay, but I will definitely make a 100% effort to at least pop in and say "BOO" to whomever may be there.
Gobberwart wrote:Jupider is EXACTLY right.
"In the time of war, we would never have left a man stranded."
"Maybe that's why we lost."

LordCretin
Forum Addict

Unread post by LordCretin » Thu Oct 22, 2015 11:21 am

I've had a chance to check the work's schedule and as it happens, we are hosting a gig on Halloween night. It won't be a madcap rock 'n roll freak-out with pushy groupies hanging around backstage til the wee hours, so I'll be able to sneak in early on to let the lads open the shop and then join them later for some sp00ky post-show shenanigans.

commandermack
Chat Moderator

Unread post by commandermack » Mon Oct 26, 2015 9:05 am

DST will be ending on Nov 1st... Just a reminder to party harder longer. Back 1 hour.

sallyfox
Senior Chat Moderator

Unread post by sallyfox » Mon Oct 26, 2015 6:25 pm

Whats DST??

jupider
Senior Chat Moderator

Unread post by jupider » Fri Oct 30, 2015 4:33 pm

sallyfox wrote:Whats DST??
Daylight Saving Time

It's the archaic process of moving the hands of the clock back one hour in the fall and forward one hour in the spring to give simple-minded citizens the false sense that they will have more daylight in the summertime.

Honestly, the whole concept is ridiculous and needs to be abolished.

</soapbox>
Gobberwart wrote:Jupider is EXACTLY right.
"In the time of war, we would never have left a man stranded."
"Maybe that's why we lost."

sallyfox
Senior Chat Moderator

Unread post by sallyfox » Fri Oct 30, 2015 9:25 pm

Gotcha, thanks :)

LordCretin
Forum Addict

Unread post by LordCretin » Fri Oct 30, 2015 9:30 pm

It's of more importance to them what live closer to the poles and whose country stretches far along the longitudinal lines. In the north of Scotland, depending on the time of year, the days last verrrry long into the night, so the whole of the UK gets the change in time tae gie da wee tykes a chance a licht be da richt time a day. Otherwise they may be sending their little ones off to school in the dark. Something about harvests as well. I dunno
Mind though, methinks the foXX already knows of such truths and is in fact having some fun with us. Aussie is a protectorate of its anti-northern nation, Newzealand Land, which lays but 5 yards from the Antartic Ross Ice Shelf. Their days in January last 5 years, while the day's light in July lasts only 7 and a half minutes. But those 7-odd minutes of luminescence are concentrated into intense flesh burning laser beams. This means naught to the Herculean Kiwis.
But...
With the Aussies not being anywhere near as capable or rugged as their overlords, the Kiwis grant them Daylight Savings Time. That way, The Kiwis inconvenience themselves with total darkness between April and Haectobah so that the weak and feable (but only when compared to the the gloriously strength of the giants of humanity who run their parent nation) Aussies don't all burn their backs off.