Introduce Yourself

Talk about any non-gameplay-related happenings in the Paradox community (including chat).

Moderator: Public Forum Moderators

Kheldar
Forum Noob

Re: Introduce Yourself

Unread post by Kheldar » Tue Dec 23, 2008 6:07 pm

Hi

Kheldar, Britian moved to the USA married my lovely wife we have 3 dogs, love vampires and LARPS. 37 year old male no kids and I work in the
financial sector, playing with money.

I love to read and play all sorts of Ad&D games and settlers of catan online.

Khel

LGOD
Forum Addict

Unread post by LGOD » Wed Dec 24, 2008 11:07 pm

Hi I'm LGOD
Call me LG.
I like eggs, especially scrambled eggs.
Yum.

Graveyardhag
Forum Poster

Unread post by Graveyardhag » Mon Dec 29, 2008 3:36 am

Hello there, I'm Graveyardhag. Please just call me Gravey.
lesseee now....
I'm 23, and I am a girl. I have an 8 and a half month old son, so I am not online as much as I would like.
what else?
I'm spend most of my time playing games of one sort or another, I am a simmer (don't laugh!) I enjoy the AOE and mythology games, God of war games etc. I'm a real Fable fan, and spend most of my spare time playing those games.
I also read. a lot. I only read fantasy though!

I think thats enough to be getting on with.

Topic author
Gobberwart
Developer

Unread post by Gobberwart » Mon Dec 29, 2008 12:31 pm

Welcome to all who've posted in the last few days. I've seen you all in chat, and it's been fun :)

And Gravey, you forgot to mention that you're an Aussie! wooooooooo!

Grokly
Forum Addict

Unread post by Grokly » Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:37 pm

/me mutters something about unattainable stiggers and then wanders away.

Reenix
Contributor

Unread post by Reenix » Tue Dec 30, 2008 1:44 pm

Move to Australia! Simple :)
"Getting up on the wrong side of the bed never hurt anyone. Unless the wrong side is next to an open window."

Topic author
Gobberwart
Developer

Unread post by Gobberwart » Tue Dec 30, 2008 1:46 pm

HA! Exactly, Reen, it's not unattainable at all :)

mastechno
Chat Moderator

Unread post by mastechno » Wed Dec 31, 2008 1:42 pm

What aboot if we come and visit? Does that count towards getting teh sticker?!? ;)

Topic author
Gobberwart
Developer

Unread post by Gobberwart » Wed Dec 31, 2008 5:19 pm

Depends if you bring beer or not.

DrWolf
Forum Addict

Unread post by DrWolf » Thu Jan 01, 2009 12:18 am

Who would visit without bringing beer? That's just rude.

Reenix
Contributor

Unread post by Reenix » Thu Jan 01, 2009 3:34 am

You've got enough beer, haven't you? What about the Blue Tongue Lager that Gobb is partial to?
I hope the legal age for drinking is < 19, otherwise I'm buggered :D
"Getting up on the wrong side of the bed never hurt anyone. Unless the wrong side is next to an open window."

ElljaeT
Developer

Unread post by ElljaeT » Thu Jan 01, 2009 3:19 pm

You'll be fine Reenix, you can both get your license and drink here at 18 years of age. Smart combination I know.

Although in Alice Springs, where I originally come from you can get your license at aged 16. Not the discussion topic I know but ...

LGOD
Forum Addict

Unread post by LGOD » Thu Jan 01, 2009 4:56 pm

Umm, yeah, Ell.

So they're going there, drink beer, get a sticker, then leave?
Cool.

DrWolf
Forum Addict

Unread post by DrWolf » Thu Jan 01, 2009 8:29 pm

Sticker? What...oh, you mean a STIGGER!!! I was all confused there for a moment..

ElljaeT
Developer

Unread post by ElljaeT » Thu Jan 01, 2009 9:11 pm

Now come on Wolf, you know full well that STIGGERS is the plural of sticker not the singular:-)

LGOD
Forum Addict

Unread post by LGOD » Thu Jan 01, 2009 10:21 pm

Heh. Lol.

DrWolf
Forum Addict

Unread post by DrWolf » Fri Jan 02, 2009 12:30 am

I stand corrected...which is a peculiar position for me. I wonder what sorts of things I can find in this strange new world.=op

Topic author
Gobberwart
Developer

Unread post by Gobberwart » Sat Jan 03, 2009 12:37 pm

LGOD wrote:So they're going there, drink beer, get a sticker, then leave?
I said "bring", not "drink".

Now, back to introducing yourselves.

jimmyBUFFET
Forum Addict

Unread post by jimmyBUFFET » Tue Jan 06, 2009 10:54 pm

I'm jimmy!

I'm 22 years old, I live on the northern border of Pennsylvania and work on the southern border of New York. As far as my so-called career, I work third shift in a factory that makes corrugated cardboard boxes (exciting, I know.) I am an actor, a horrible student and only have any kind of drive when I'm doing something I enjoy, which may explain why I just decided not to go to class anymore and forfeited my degree in Communications (only 19 more credits baby!)

I have OCD that makes everything related to the number 9 easier for me to notice/deal with. By the way, AxiS, 3 year old triplets fit in nicely with the number 9.

My lucky number is 36 (I wonder why), I am a huge San Fransisco 49ers fan, I love movies the way that a woman ought to be loved, I'm currently learning to play bass guitar for the benefit of the band that has more egos than it has microphones, I sing (usually at karaoke because its the only choice I have) and dance. I'm very sarcastic most of the time, I'm completely honest *all* of the time, and I'm a big fan of people who can be civil in any situation.

I am not a fan of hippies, as one engineered the complete and total breakdown of my life for about a year and a half and ushered in the "why do people lie, why are people so horrible to other people, im done with that shit" jimmy we all know and love today.

The capitalization of my username is important to me, and shall not be changed for any reason. I have been KoL-Married for three years and...4 months, but am not married in reality. I like to think I'm fairly attractive as far as geeks go, and everyone thinks I'm sexy when I dress up like Captain Kirk.

If I could afford it, I would move to California, pursue my acting career and cosplay every weekend, but I can't so I'm stuck in a factory in Binghamton, NY. Of all the famous people I've had the pleasure of hanging out with, Ringo Starr was the coolest, Jim Varney (Ernest) was the funniest, and Richard Petty was the nicest. Skully's kind of not any of these things, up close and personal.

I'm a smoker, I love me a fine cigar, I don't touch the wacky weed or anything white and powdery (anymore), I love to drink but don't very often, and I do enjoy the company of a member of the opposite sex (though that hasn't happened very often lately either.)

If there is anything more detailed you would like to know about me, feel free to ask using whatever medium you have at your disposal...I am an open book, albeit a little boring to read.

-jB

LGOD
Forum Addict

Unread post by LGOD » Wed Jan 07, 2009 12:16 am

Heya, nice to meet you!

You seem interesting.

genghizcohen
Forum Regular

Unread post by genghizcohen » Tue Jan 13, 2009 4:33 pm

I'm a socially inept nerd, who spends unhealthy amounts of time on the internet. I tend to be more self effacing than I ought, but am otherwise approximately functional.
I have a phobia of revealing private information on the web, but I'm male, aged somewhere between phi, pi, and senile. I live in Ohio, which is like every other state in the Midwest, but more people hate Michigan because of a retarded football rivalry. ANYWAY, I'm a loudmouth who likes to say things. Sometimes they're even relevant!
Genghizcohen, leader of the bronze horde.

Impalix
Chat Moderator

Unread post by Impalix » Wed Jan 14, 2009 4:46 am

Another Ohio dweller!

I'm making a note here: HUGE SUCCESS.

genghizcohen
Forum Regular

Unread post by genghizcohen » Wed Jan 14, 2009 11:41 am

I never realized you were a homicidal robot, Al! You learn something new daily.
Genghizcohen, leader of the bronze horde.

Elusis
Forum Addict

Unread post by Elusis » Thu Jan 15, 2009 6:00 am

Hello.

(Minimal introduction, oh noes.)

jimmyBUFFET
Forum Addict

Unread post by jimmyBUFFET » Thu Jan 15, 2009 3:18 pm

it's the Elusis I saw in chat! Quick, somebody tranq and tag it so we can learn more about it!

-jB

pandamonieum
Forum Poster

Unread post by pandamonieum » Fri Jan 16, 2009 3:45 pm

Hi I'm pandamonieum and my interests include drinking, cussing, avoiding responsibility, procrastination, reading, writing, doodling in gimp(photoshop like freeware, till I get photoshop again anyway), playing online games, poking about the internets, djing on Radio Free Xangaka, and miscellaneous myriad whatnot.

I used to play KoL more but have dropped off lately. My usernames there include garlicbutter, destructomatik, artichoked, and pork chop thug.

I play Secret Society Wars as pandamonieum, and briefly played Twilight Heroes first under the names person_man and pickled, and later as pisspoor, but haven't been over there in ages.

Right2Wrong2000
Chat Moderator

Unread post by Right2Wrong2000 » Sun Jan 18, 2009 4:02 pm

I guess its about time I found this forum! I've decided to start trolling these forums more often! So anyways, I am Right2Wrong2000. You can call me Artoo, R2, or just Coda (my name). I am a nineteen year old student living in Ohio. I am an Early Childhood Education major, hoping to be a Kindergarten Teacher someday! You can usually catch me on Paradox, KoL, or Facebook. I guess thats about the most of my exciting story!
-Coda

Topic author
Gobberwart
Developer

Unread post by Gobberwart » Mon Jan 19, 2009 12:44 pm

Big hello to everyone who's posted recently. Welcome to the Paradox community :)

Right2Wrong2000
Chat Moderator

Unread post by Right2Wrong2000 » Mon Jan 19, 2009 6:24 pm

But... Maybe we arent new to the community. Maybe we are just forum impaired...!
-Coda

Topic author
Gobberwart
Developer

Unread post by Gobberwart » Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:32 pm

Ok then, "Welcome to the Paradox community. Unless you're R2 in which case... get a haircut!"

Right2Wrong2000
Chat Moderator

Unread post by Right2Wrong2000 » Tue Jan 20, 2009 8:06 pm

Indeed! Welcome everyone to the Paradox Universe. Feel free to message me if you need anything, or if you want some real help... Message Gobberwart. :o)
-Coda

pw079
Forum Poster

Unread post by pw079 » Sat Jan 31, 2009 12:57 am

Hello im PW. I am from a smalltown in IL, USA. I am in college studying Psychology with thoughts on pursuing a masters degree in something. I life on campus and work as an RA in the dorms, it is a fun filled day just about everyday. I play online games usually at night to relieve stress and have something fun to do. I have a not so cool hobby of collecting political baseball cards. Umm thats about it for now I guess. I am new to the game but I think it is going to grow into something special :D
~PW079

littlemissy
Forum Regular

Unread post by littlemissy » Sat Feb 28, 2009 8:31 am

Hi I'm littlemissy (^_^) Nice to meet all of you!

I hail from a tropical island archipelago found in the South Pacific a.k.a. the Philippines

I'm 17 years old and my birthday is Feb. 14, the day of hearts (yes it's on Valentines Day)

I'm currently in my 1st year of college for a degree in BS Economics (planning to minor in Geography and Psychology) (0_o)

I am a frustrated musician, I sing (mostly in the shower), I play the guitar, and I dabble some notes on the piano, and I pretty much can appreciate all genres of music (except probably rap, lol)

I also play volleyball (beach and indoors) whenever I get the time as my only form of excercise (yeah i'm lazy)

well that's pretty much it, looking forward to meet you all (^_^)

PS: You can thank/blame jimmy for introducing me to the game (^_^)

waffles247
Forum Noob

Unread post by waffles247 » Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:12 pm

Hello all, I'm Waffles. Uh, I'm an extremely nerdy 19 year old student in my second year of my Economics degree at a London university. I'm quite a lazy bugger so the closest anyone would ever see of me getting any form of exercise is to give me and my friends WiiSport.

I get distracted very easily and procrastinating is a hobby of mine. If I'm online, it's probably because I'm avoiding coursework.

So, uh yeah. Nice to meet you all :D

ElljaeT
Developer

Unread post by ElljaeT » Sun Mar 08, 2009 3:38 pm

lol waffles and welcome to Paradox! I can totally relate to pretty much everything you just said. I'm sure we'll get on just fine :-)

Vandall
Forum Noob

Unread post by Vandall » Sun Apr 26, 2009 4:38 am

I'm Vandall, yes Vandal would've been better but it didn't occur to me at the time that it might have been available. Now I get slightly irritated at the sight of one more "l" at the end of my Paradox username, sure I could've made it Vandal here but then who would know my game username?! I like to keep consistency.

Anyway, I'm 17 and I come from Australia! (which i've heard from a highly reputable source that it is a much celebrated country due to the quite witty Gobberwart and his wife coming from Melbourne (same as me! whodathunk it) and apparently i'm supposed to "get something nice" because I come from the coolest place in the world which is only to be expected of course))

That was fun, now currently i'm still in highschool 2 more years and i'm done! (hurrah) i'm an avid gamer, i've played alot of games (don't quiz me on more recent ones, i just shook the habit a few months ago) and probably some you've never heard of. Recently i've become addicted to games such as KoL, Twilight Heroes and (yes) Paradox: The Musical which is quite a change from my usual fast paced fully fledged 3D gaming.

So far so good though, i'm liking it and the community seems pretty cool (props to joey for helping me out earlier :) ) so I think i'll stay.

That is.. if you don't mind.

Topic author
Gobberwart
Developer

Unread post by Gobberwart » Sun Apr 26, 2009 3:16 pm

Welcome fellow Aussie! Pride sticker on its way :)

Chachoregard
Forum Regular

Unread post by Chachoregard » Sat May 23, 2009 4:49 pm

Why didn't I notice this before?

Well, uh, my name's Chachoregard, Chacho for short and from what I've seen, "char" if you're really lazy. 18 years old and hailing from Texas, and stuff. You can mostly catch me on KoL, sometimes Twilight Heroes, and Paradox. What else to say? Oh yeah, an avid fan of They Might be Giants and Mindless Self Indulgence.

What else, what else? Oh yeah, I'm lazy and people think I sometimes act like dr. House. I don't know why.

anyways, I'll be here sporadically!

DrWolf
Forum Addict

Unread post by DrWolf » Sat May 23, 2009 10:03 pm

Yeah, I get that Dr. House thing a lot too...though I don't know why. /me pops a Vicodin and hobbles away with his cane

NegativeBisector
Forum Noob

Unread post by NegativeBisector » Sat Jun 20, 2009 11:00 pm

Hiya! I'm NegativeBisector I'm 20 years old and I live in New Brunswick which is an eastern province in Canada! I play kol since 04 which I know a lot of you used to play or still do, if you remember playing with me plese let me know/remind me. Right2wrong2000 told me about this game today and I thought I'd try it. I'm just just like anything else I will become addicted to it! Other than that I play halo 3 on xbox at a semi-professional lvl which can be time consuming (I try not to play as much anymore). I have an absolutely sick obsession with movies and watch more than any human should, I also have a vice for documentaries. I play soccer, tennis and do a lot of walking. I work a pathetic summer job and go to university studying business. Thats about it. Happy adventuring!

cheers
~NB :D

Right2Wrong2000
Chat Moderator

Unread post by Right2Wrong2000 » Sun Jun 21, 2009 7:47 am

Stoked to have you here, NB. It's a pretty gnarly place.
-Coda

jimmyBUFFET
Forum Addict

Unread post by jimmyBUFFET » Mon Jun 22, 2009 2:17 am

gnarly indeed. nice to meet you NB!

-jB

Grokly
Forum Addict

Unread post by Grokly » Fri Jul 03, 2009 7:04 am

Welcome to Paradox, NB. Good to see you again.

Topic author
Gobberwart
Developer

Unread post by Gobberwart » Fri Jul 03, 2009 12:23 pm

Gnarly AND totally radical, dude! Cowabunga and various other quotes from TMNT.

Welcome to Paradox :)

Rapthorne
Forum Poster

Unread post by Rapthorne » Fri Jul 31, 2009 7:01 am

hello, I'm Rapthorne (duh)

i'm 18, a computer nerd who lives in Britain, most of my time is spent on computers

can't think of much else to put, but if you want to know, just ask :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Topic author
Gobberwart
Developer

Unread post by Gobberwart » Sat Aug 01, 2009 7:56 pm

A computer nerd playing Paradox? No WAY could that ever happen :)

Welcome aboard, Mr. Rapthorne!

sodafett
Chat Moderator

Unread post by sodafett » Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:32 am

I am Soda Fett, 38 yrs old, from Arkansas originaly, but now reside in Detroit. I am a DJ for Radio Free Xangaka (RFX) love doing the DJ thing, also love this game, when I have the time to play :)

I love chatting with everyone, am considered a huge flirt by many, but that is just the way I am, my real name is Patrick

yendi
Forum Noob

Unread post by yendi » Sat Sep 12, 2009 11:26 am

Hi! I'm "Yendi" here, and that's as often as not my name elsewhere on the net (LJ, Twitter, KoL, etc). I've played Kingdom of Loathing for about five years now, and I've played a handful of other browser-based games (although the only other one that ever held my interest for more than about a month is Skyrates). In "real life," I work as an application administrator, supporting a Moodle-based e-learning environment, and I'm a freelance writer (mostly nonfiction; I'm one of the reviewers for the YA and Sci-Fi sections of Publishers Weekly). I've got a lovely wife who writes fiction (and who's spent her share of time playing KoL), a daughter who's just started high school, and three cats.

WorldWizard
Forum Noob

Unread post by WorldWizard » Sun Nov 29, 2009 4:53 pm

Hey all, WorldWizard here. Just registered on the forum yesterday. Saw this thread and figured I should post. My in-game ID # is 1783. I do neglect my account sometimes, and forget to log in for a few days. :P

I've also started contributing to the Paradox Wiki today. I very much enjoy this game, and I wish it the best!

ZenMonkey
Forum Noob

Unread post by ZenMonkey » Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:20 am

Hi there. I saw this game mentioned over at KoL and gave it a try. I am instantly charmed! Looking forward to seeing where this is going.

About me has already been written mostly in my profile. If you yearn for more there's my blog. I always feel kind of :oops: doing these intro posts, but nice to meet you all in any case!