Anybody want a free panda-made avatar?

Talk about any non-gameplay-related happenings in the Paradox community (including chat).

Moderator: Public Forum Moderators

Topic author
pandamonieum
Forum Poster

Anybody want a free panda-made avatar?

Unread post by pandamonieum » Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:57 am

I'll "make" (prob edit existing pix found online, possibly draw stuff) you avvies if you need any, just lemme know where it's for, size/dimensions, what you want in it be it vague or more descriptive, and anything else you think I need to know. For fun, not profit. Though if you like it and want to send a tip I won't say no. Just please don't feel like you have to pay me to get one. I'll upload a couple examples in a bit. I'm no genius or anything, I just like messing with graphics or doodling in gimp(no photoshop at the moment, gimp's freeware that's similar).
Last edited by pandamonieum on Fri Jan 16, 2009 3:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Blaize
Forum Addict

Re: AVATARS

Unread post by Blaize » Wed Jan 14, 2009 7:01 am

Hehe, well, if you get bored, I would love an avatar. I believe it has to be 100x100 to use in game.

Here are the things that i like if it helps.
Dragons
Wolves
Dark colours
Pentagrams
Yin-Yangs

Enjoy :D

DrWolf
Forum Addict

Re: AVATARS

Unread post by DrWolf » Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:22 pm

100x100 is the ideal size for avatars in the game, since they get adjusted to that size anyway. If they're any bigger or smaller than that, there's a good chance they'll wind up distorted. Of course, there are links to websites that will re-size them for you on the Load Avatar pop-up...so you could technically make them any size you want, as long as it's understood that they will have to be modified to 100x100 before they're uploaded.

Topic author
pandamonieum
Forum Poster

Re: Free Avatars

Unread post by pandamonieum » Fri Jan 16, 2009 9:39 am

Just to let you know, MrsO, I'm working on that, just slowly. :)
Seeing if I can actually draw something that at least faintly resembles a dragon.
I'll find some cool graphic somewhere online too, since my drawings tend to be on the goofy looking side.

Topic author
pandamonieum
Forum Poster

Re: Free Avatars

Unread post by pandamonieum » Fri Jan 16, 2009 3:36 pm

Example time! Feel free to post any comments/criticism as well if you care to.

Avvie gifted to Christophine in the game Secret Society Wars. Angel pic found online, removed original background and changed the hue from dark reddish to purpley to make it more individualistic. The star background and colored glow surrounding the angel is an SSW theme a lot of people use, as you'll see in the other couple of SSW avvies that follow. The symbol is for the Oddfellows society(as is the color blue).

SSW avvie gifted to BabylonHoruv.

SSW avvie gifted to gulogulo.

I'll find some things I've drawn to add too, tried to already then realized I need to resize them, or upload an example that's already small. The goofy "monkey" (what the bf said it looks like) king icon I'm using here I made myself. I need to fix it's ears though.

jimmyBUFFET
Forum Addict

Re: Anybody want a free panda-made avatar?

Unread post by jimmyBUFFET » Sat Jan 17, 2009 7:21 am

I will take one of these, if you have the time and the drive. My KoL avvie pretty much describes me poifectly, so I'd say a guy with a guitar, sunglasses, bermuda shorts, and a margarita.

Honestly though, some of my favourite commissions stray from these outlines :D

-jB

Topic author
pandamonieum
Forum Poster

Unread post by pandamonieum » Sat Jan 17, 2009 3:38 pm

heh... I'll see what I can do, you haven't seen my attempts at "drawing" yet. :P
Thanks jimmy! It'll be fun to try at least! :D

Right2Wrong2000
Chat Moderator

Unread post by Right2Wrong2000 » Sun Jan 18, 2009 3:53 pm

Ill take one. Something with a penguin possibly? Ill leave it very vague to allow for artist interpretation. Hows about just a penguin of sorts? It would make a nice addition to my Lost Logo and Nazi Pikachu aswell.
-Coda

Topic author
pandamonieum
Forum Poster

Unread post by pandamonieum » Sun Jan 18, 2009 8:45 pm

So despite the great fanfare, I might not get these to you before... my internet might get shut off tomorrow or Tuesday... bad finances. :P I'll see if I can finish anything cool tonite. Otherwise hopefully I'll be back among you within a week, and I'll have had time undistracted by the allure of Paradox and SSW to mess around in gimp so I may have something all the cooler to show for it. We'll see. :)

Right2Wrong2000
Chat Moderator

Unread post by Right2Wrong2000 » Mon Jan 19, 2009 3:50 am

I am in no hurry at all Panda. You don't even have to attempt it if time will not allow. Good luck with the no internet thing. If you start getting withdraw, just chew the gum.
-Coda

Gobberwart
Developer

Unread post by Gobberwart » Mon Jan 19, 2009 12:45 pm

If you have time, Panda, I'd love a new avvie. I mean, Homer's great and all but something unique would be cool :)

heliosa10
Forum Addict

Unread post by heliosa10 » Tue Jan 20, 2009 2:22 pm

I would like a avvie. I was thinking something cynical but funny.... maybe a cynical penguin? I don't know, just something that fits those vague criteria.

stroby
Forum Addict

Unread post by stroby » Wed Jan 21, 2009 1:55 pm

This thread is filling up but I certainly wouldn't mind a new avy that is more fitting my name you see strobe lights a difficult to portray in a good way so I have never had a a avy that is really stroby, hence moo (my cow) and the paradoxian clocks

Topic author
pandamonieum
Forum Poster

Unread post by pandamonieum » Wed Jan 21, 2009 6:21 pm

I managed to get them to wait till Friday, but things still aren't coming together like I hoped so there's still a good chance I'll be losing it then for a bit. Nice to see all the interest, I'll copy all the requests over to a text file so I have them even if I do have to go away for a bit. 8)

They make gum for internet withdrawal? I might have to try that. I'm not looking forward to being netless. :cry:

Right2Wrong2000
Chat Moderator

Unread post by Right2Wrong2000 » Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:40 pm

Its okay Panda... We will pray for you... Or prey on you...
-Coda

Topic author
pandamonieum
Forum Poster

Unread post by pandamonieum » Mon Feb 02, 2009 3:54 am

Alright finally finished/near finished an avvie for MrsO, if she likes it. I tried drawing a dragon first but... well, here's what I ended up with from my drawing attempts-

attempt 1.5-

attempt 2-

yeah. :oops:

So then I just decided to borrow and edit some neat art I found online-

Whether or not it's finished is up to MrsO. I know I'd like to figure out how to make the little version look more distinct, as opposed to kinda blurry like it is now. But I could just be being too picky... not sure. Also could easily replace the green background with another color or even another image of some kind. Was pondering fire but didn't want to overly complicate things.

There's a larger version on my photobucket page that doesn't look so blurry. Any suggestions?
The original image I edited to make this is also on photobucket.
http://s375.photobucket.com/albums/oo191/pandamonieum/

added a mite later--
Maybe the fuzziness coming in when resizing is an issue with gimp... I resized the larger version using photobucket's in-browser tools, and I think it looks better-
eh, maybe not so much. actually it sort of looks worse, just in different ways. blargh.

by the way anyone giving tips on how I can fix this should prob. know I'm using the freeware program gimp and not photoshop.

JazzyCat
Forum Moderator

Unread post by JazzyCat » Tue Feb 17, 2009 7:17 am

I would like one too if you have the time. :-) Something kitty like or huggy like would be great! :-)