Jump on the bandwagon!

Talk about any non-gameplay-related happenings in the Paradox community (including chat).

Moderator: Public Forum Moderators

Topic author
mastechno
Chat Moderator

Jump on the bandwagon!

Unread post by mastechno » Thu Mar 26, 2009 4:03 pm

Twitter plzkthxbai!

<3 Mas

SportGuy
Forum Addict

Re: Jump on the bandwagon!

Unread post by SportGuy » Thu Mar 26, 2009 5:55 pm

Oh god the horror....the HORROR of social networking sites! :D

Gobberwart
Developer

Unread post by Gobberwart » Thu Mar 26, 2009 6:10 pm

Twitter's not social networking, it's just stream of consciousness textual diarrhea.

If you want to be subjected to dev diarrhea (and who wouldn't?), go to http://www.twitter.com/pdox

jimmyBUFFET
Forum Addict

Unread post by jimmyBUFFET » Fri Mar 27, 2009 5:30 am

http://www.twitter.com/jimmybuffet

NOW YOU KNOW! and you can never un-know!

-jB

Grokly
Forum Addict

Unread post by Grokly » Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:26 am

Lacking a specific suggestion for use in the game, I am moving this to the community forums.

trogdorable
Forum Addict

Unread post by trogdorable » Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:41 am

I am absolutely refusing. And I am loving and respecting all of you who participate in twitter a little bit less.

Gobberwart
Developer

Unread post by Gobberwart » Mon Apr 06, 2009 4:54 pm

By "participate in twitter", I assume you mean "spout meaningless drivel about your dog, bffs and other stupid crap like a moronic 13 year old". In which case, good call.

The Twitter technology (such as it is) is a means to communicate short, meaningful comments with interested parties. On that basis, it's potentially useful.

Unfortunately, the fumb ducks who do spout meaningless shit spoil it for everyone.

trogdorable
Forum Addict

Unread post by trogdorable » Mon Apr 06, 2009 4:58 pm

It just seems as if, for the Paradox twitter, it's a way to get updates without actually playing the game. People should play the game and get the updates then. I don't see how it's very useful. With all the other social networking sites out there that also have twitter-like functions, I fail to find any usefulness in it in any situation.

I'm just saying, so if I use Paradox twitter, get the updates, log in, get the updates again... yay redundancy! And most of my friends who use twitter, post the same updates on facebook. Too many places showing the exact same stuff. I don't get the point.

Gobberwart
Developer

Unread post by Gobberwart » Mon Apr 06, 2009 5:14 pm

trogdorable wrote:It just seems as if, for the Paradox twitter, it's a way to get updates without actually playing the game...... I'm just saying, so if I use Paradox twitter, get the updates, log in, get the updates again... yay redundancy! And most of my friends who use twitter, post the same updates on facebook. Too many places showing the exact same stuff. I don't get the point
In-game updates aren't posted on Twitter. Twitter messages aren't posted in-game. No redundancy.
trogdorable wrote:With all the other social networking sites out there that also have twitter-like functions, I fail to find any usefulness in it in any situation.
Part of the appeal of Twitter is that it doesn't require membership to any "social networking" sites to be able to view the information. There are also no pokes, prods, pulls or whatever other "features" those other sites have.

Anyway, I'm not here to sell it to anyone. The bottom line is that the dev team makes occasional use of twitter to share ideas/comments/observations/statuses etc. with anyone who is interested in reading those kind of things. If you're not interested, don't read it.

SportGuy
Forum Addict

Unread post by SportGuy » Mon Apr 06, 2009 5:46 pm

Well now just to make the redundancy easier they have sites where you can check your facebook, myspace, livejournal, deadjournal, twitter, etc all at the same time...yay multipurpose...or not.

Deo
Forum Addict

Unread post by Deo » Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:08 am

trogdorable wrote:It just seems as if, for the Paradox twitter, it's a way to get updates without actually playing the game. People should play the game and get the updates then. I don't see how it's very useful. With all the other social networking sites out there that also have twitter-like functions, I fail to find any usefulness in it in any situation.

For example, I haven't had the time to be able to play Paradox as much as i would like to of late. I turn on my computer, check out my RSS feeds, including the pdox feed and can be kept up to date on the happenings of the ! The Musical.
I think if you think about it and look at the other side of the fence and other people predicaments you will agree it does not fail to redundancy.

Gobberwart
Developer

Unread post by Gobberwart » Thu Apr 16, 2009 5:01 am

So the site just went down completely, which means no game, no updates and (for many people) no forums or wiki either. Fortunately, those following the twitter feed can at least see that.

Grokly
Forum Addict

Unread post by Grokly » Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:00 am

I knew there was a reason pdox decided to tweet.

Deo
Forum Addict

Unread post by Deo » Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:55 am

Gobberwart wrote:So the site just went down completely, which means no game, no updates and (for many people) no forums or wiki either. Fortunately, those following the twitter feed can at least see that.
point made....

Spiff
Wikinatrix

Unread post by Spiff » Mon Apr 20, 2009 6:46 am

Im on twitter as well http://twitter.com/spiff23
The Spiff