Missouri Meetup - Who's Coming?

Talk about any non-gameplay-related happenings in the Paradox community (including chat).

Moderator: Public Forum Moderators

Topic author
Gobberwart
Developer

Missouri Meetup - Who's Coming?

Unread post by Gobberwart » Thu Aug 27, 2009 5:29 pm

Some time ago, we posted bits and pieces about how Elljae and I are coming to America in September/October and mentioned that we'd like to catch up with people while we're there. There was talk of an "official meetup" (aka. "ParaCon 2009") in Missouri at or near Grokly and art_bohemia's home on the first weekend of October, since we'll be there for a week and it's pretty central. Not necessarily conveniently located, but definitely central.

So, I know time is running short, but we'd really like to get something happening. What, exactly, that will be really depends on how many people are coming, so here's the place to let us know.

At this stage, the details are as follows:

When: Saturday October 3, 2009 - Afternoon/Evening/Night
Where: Near Kansas City, Missouri

Anyone who is available on that date and can get themselves at least to Kansas City will be more than welcome to join us for... whatever it is exactly that we're going to do, so if you're interested, please respond to this post as soon as you can.

[EDIT: Sept 1, 2009 - Grokly]
IMPORTANT: In addition to posting in this thread, please send an email to paracon2009@paradoxthemusical.com so that the details (exact location, lodging, prices, etc) can be emailed back to you. We will not be putting the address of the meetup in the public forums. When you send the email, put Paracon2009 Registration as the subject line and please include your preference for sleeping accommodations: floorspace, tent, motel, etc. in the body of the email. Also, if you are flying in to Kansas City International (MCI) and need ground transportation from the terminal, let us know what your flight info is (airline, flight#, date and time) so that we can arrange to have someone there to drive you.

it is expected that the registration cost will be in the $20-$25 range but may be lower, depending on turnout. This will cover the costs of food, drink and (shhh) the keg(s).

Once we get a rough idea of numbers, we can set about trying to make everything more specific and figure out what we're going to need to do transport, accommodation and food/drink-wise.

Alternatively, our intinerary is posted in this thread, so if you're near somewhere else we're going to be, let us know if you want to hook up somewhere else.
Last edited by ElljaeT on Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Added the registration email info

trogdorable
Forum Addict

Re: Missouri Meetup - Who's Coming?

Unread post by trogdorable » Thu Aug 27, 2009 5:37 pm

I will be there.

mastechno
Chat Moderator

Unread post by mastechno » Thu Aug 27, 2009 6:50 pm

I'll be at the KC meet up!!

jimmyBUFFET
Forum Addict

Unread post by jimmyBUFFET » Fri Aug 28, 2009 6:04 pm

i'm not planning on it, but if i get restless enough I just may get there.

-jB

DrWolf
Forum Addict

Unread post by DrWolf » Fri Aug 28, 2009 8:01 pm

I plan to be there...but I'll probably be in ninja gear, so none of you will know I'm there.

Spiff
Wikinatrix

Unread post by Spiff » Sat Aug 29, 2009 1:55 pm

ill be there
The Spiff

Impalix
Chat Moderator

Unread post by Impalix » Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:38 pm

I'm still biting my nails on this one, so put me down as a definite maybe.

Grokly
Forum Addict

Unread post by Grokly » Tue Sep 01, 2009 2:35 pm

I'm going to spank you if you don't show up, Impy! Wait... perhaps I should offer to spank you if you do make it. :twisted:

Okay, folks... the opening post has been updated with a registration email that we need you to contact if you are coming. You can still post here whether you are attending or not so that everyone knows who's planning on coming, but please re-read the opening post and send the registration email so that we can get specific event location info to you.

Thanks!
Grok

Impalix
Chat Moderator

Unread post by Impalix » Wed Sep 09, 2009 5:10 pm

I am sorry enough to be shedding a few tears right now, guys. A family issue came up. I am NOT going to make it and I feel absolutely awful. Please forgive me...

jimmyBUFFET
Forum Addict

Unread post by jimmyBUFFET » Thu Sep 10, 2009 2:44 am

Unfortunately, because of my niece's impending birth and the lack of time and money, I too have been forced to make a move into the 'no' olumn on this one...next time, I swear!

-jB

Grokly
Forum Addict

Unread post by Grokly » Mon Sep 28, 2009 12:21 pm

There is still time to pre-register for this weekend's meetup in the Kansas City area. Send an email to [url=mailto://paracon2009@paradoxthemusical.com]paracon2009@paradoxthemusical.com[/url] to let us know that you are coming. Information about the meetup, including general plans and directions to the meet will be emailed back to you.

If you have already registered via email and have not yet received a reply to the email account you used when registering, please contact Grokly or art_bohemia in-game.