Paradox! Pressie Swap 2009 FAQ

Talk about any non-gameplay-related happenings in the Paradox community (including chat).

Moderator: Public Forum Moderators

Topic author
ElljaeT
Developer

Paradox! Pressie Swap 2009 FAQ

Unread post by ElljaeT » Sat Nov 28, 2009 1:55 pm

Q. Who can register?
A. Absolutely everyone except me. I am the only person involved in co-ordinating this event so it is open to all Paradox! users, including the Dev team and Mods.

Q. How do I register?
A. Registration is simple, just PMail ElljaeT (#2) with the words Paradox! Pressie Swap registration, or something to that effect. Make sure you submit your registration by PMail only. I will not accept registrations via pm, forum post or any other format.

Q. When do I have to register by?
A. No later than intermission on December 5th. If you are reading this after the deadline PMail elljaeT (#2) anyway and if multiple PMails are received you can still be matched up with a Pressie Swap partner.

Q. Where do I send the gift for my giftee?
A. Send your gift to ElljaeT (#2) by intermission on December 15th.

Q. What is a giftee?
A. Your "giftee" is the person who will receive a gift from you.

Q. Will the person I'm buying for be buying for me?
A. No, I'll make sure of that

Q. How much should I spend?
A. It's up to you, and you should base it on how much you can comfortably afford. Don't be embarrassed if you don't have a lot to spend, and you can only afford a small gift, and it's the thought that counts after all!

Q. How do I know what my giftee wants?
A. You can talk to them in chat (covertly of course), get hints from other people, check out their profile or showcase, or have a look at the "Paradox! Pressie Swap Wishlist" see here

If you have any other questions post them here

Gobberwart
Developer

Re: Paradox! Pressie Swap 2009 FAQ

Unread post by Gobberwart » Sat Nov 28, 2009 9:23 pm

ElljaeT wrote:Q. Who can register?
A. Absolutely everyone except me. I am the only person involved in co-ordinating this event so it is open to all Paradox! users, including the Dev team and Mods.
Oh I'm so there! Ell won't let ANYONE see who's doing what with/for/to whom so I gets to play too. Yay!
ElljaeT wrote:Q. How much should I spend?
A. It's up to you, and you should base it on how much you can comfortably afford. Don't be embarrassed if you don't have a lot to spend, and you can only afford a small gift, and it's the thought that counts after all!
Yes, it is the thought that counts. If you sign up for this, be prepared to get a gift that may not be as good as the gift you gave, and conversely be prepared to accept that you might get something really awesome even if you can't afford to give anything awesome yourself. Elljae WILL be paying attention to the gifts people submit and, if someone is punching way above or below their weight, will probably want to talk to them about it.

Zammorak
Forum Addict

Unread post by Zammorak » Thu Dec 03, 2009 7:10 pm

Would it be possible to write an item for the pressie swap?

Topic author
ElljaeT
Developer

Unread post by ElljaeT » Thu Dec 03, 2009 11:10 pm

Due to the fact that the dev team are currently busy with various bits and pieces at this time of year I would have to say no.

Gobberwart
Developer

Unread post by Gobberwart » Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:47 am

Definitely no.