Can't sleep, will eat clowns

Talk about any non-gameplay-related happenings in the Paradox community (including chat).

Moderator: Public Forum Moderators

Topic author
Babylon Horuv
Forum Noob

Can't sleep, will eat clowns

Unread post by Babylon Horuv » Sat Dec 05, 2009 2:00 am

ok, Those of you who hang out in chat may know me. I DJ, periodically. I don't really play the game.

I am currently in school to learn to make games, and I have made one I am proud of. If you would like to try it out it is here

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=X67SCDVM

Here are the instructions, click the clown, don't click the bad clowns. Also do not click the monsters. You may click the balloon if you wish

More specifically, clicking the clown is worth 10 points, clicking a bad clown kills you (and it) clicking a monster kills it, and might kill you, clicking the balloon makes it move.

At 100 and 200 points you get an extra clown and an extra life

At 500 points you get a monster that eats bad clowns

At 1000 points you get a balloon that eats monsters and good clowns, but can also give you good clowns, if the balloon eats all your clowns you will get a new clown but lose a life.

If you let me know what you think of the game that would be awesome.

trogdorable
Forum Addict

Re: Can't sleep, will eat clowns

Unread post by trogdorable » Sat Dec 05, 2009 2:51 am

I would check it out, but use a mac so I cant play .exe, and also it says the file is unavailable. Sorry.

Topic author
Babylon Horuv
Forum Noob

Unread post by Babylon Horuv » Sat Dec 05, 2009 2:59 am

trogdorable wrote:I would check it out, but use a mac so I cant play .exe, and also it says the file is unavailable. Sorry.

Yeah, unfortunately the program i used to create it won't output anything that is useable by mac users.

Stupid university and it's microsoft bias.

Also, this link is more reliable, but eeds to install a plugin to firefox, there is also a link partway down to DL the game.

http://www.yoyogames.com/games/show/102642

commandermack
Chat Moderator

Unread post by commandermack » Sat Dec 05, 2009 4:22 pm

It was alright, i thought the re-occurring monster spawning made the game easier. The balloon however was a crazy evil bastage. :P and when you say it creates clowns, you mean that when you click it there is a chance for a clown or that if you randomly wait long enough you might get an extra clown?

2200+ is my score so far. lol.

Topic author
Babylon Horuv
Forum Noob

Unread post by Babylon Horuv » Sun Dec 06, 2009 8:07 am

commandermack wrote:It was alright, i thought the re-occurring monster spawning made the game easier. The balloon however was a crazy evil bastage. :P and when you say it creates clowns, you mean that when you click it there is a chance for a clown or that if you randomly wait long enough you might get an extra clown?

2200+ is my score so far. lol.

If the balloon eats 7 monsters it will create a new good clown.

I have the balloon so that you can make it spawn blocks by pushing arrow keys on the version on my computer, but I am not sure if that is a good or bad way to do it.

trogdorable
Forum Addict

Unread post by trogdorable » Sun Dec 06, 2009 11:30 am

I wish I could see it. So far I am just picturing this clown game from neopets like 7/8 years ago.

Gobberwart
Developer

Unread post by Gobberwart » Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:00 pm

Nice. I couldn't figure out how to play it, but that means nothing, I'm fairly useless when it comes to games that require actual skill.

commandermack
Chat Moderator

Unread post by commandermack » Mon Dec 07, 2009 3:24 am

you click a clown gobb, and it is all like, FU, and creates zombies
xd

Gobberwart
Developer

Unread post by Gobberwart » Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:00 pm

Cool, that's what I was doing :) I still haven't seen the balloon, but I will say that it's remarkably difficult to play with a trackpad. That's my excuse anyway :)

Looks like a fun, frustrating and addictive little game. Only criticism is that the scores are quite hard to read on that red background.