Read this first!

Think you've found a bug? Here's the place to talk about it. It might actually get fixed.

Moderator: Public Forum Moderators

Topic author
Gobberwart
Developer

Read this first!

Unread post by Gobberwart » Sun Dec 02, 2007 12:29 am

UPDATE: There is now a Bug Report link in the in-game Misc menu. If possible, please use THAT form to report bugs as they'll get to the Dev Team sooner.

Think you've found a bug? Well, that's entirely possible, and this is the place to report it.

Before you do report it, however, there are a few things you should do:

- Check the forum to make sure the bug hasn't already been reported
- Make sure you can replicated the bug consistently
- Collect as many details as possible
- Post it here

Above all, PLEASE help me to help you by being clear and concise and provide as much relevant information as possible.

Here's an example of a GOOD bug report:

"When adventuring in location XXX, each time I come across adventure YYY, then, at the end of the adventure, my turns available goes down by 2 instead of the 1 it should."

Here's the same bug reported BADLY:

"Yeah, in the thingy there's something wrong with the turn counter because it doesn't work right."

Topic author
Gobberwart
Developer

Re: Read this first!

Unread post by Gobberwart » Sun Aug 02, 2009 4:55 pm

Update:

If you find a bug (ie. something is broken) PLEASE don't assume I know about it and just wait quietly for it to be fixed. I recently fixed a bug that had existed for over month, but which nobody mentioned to me, so it didn't get fixed until way too late.

I take bugs VERY seriously, and will either fix them within 24 hours or I'll post an update about them. If a bug's not fixed, and there's no update, assume I don't know and please report it. I'd rather get the same report 50 times than not at all.