The Mine images

Think you've found a bug? Here's the place to talk about it. It might actually get fixed.

Moderator: Public Forum Moderators

Topic author
Cowboy
Forum Addict

Re: The Mine images

Unread post by Cowboy » Mon Apr 14, 2014 2:30 am

Maybe you should wear some 3d glasses. You know, those old red and blue ones.

jupider
Senior Chat Moderator

Unread post by jupider » Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:24 am

Lol. N00b. :P Check your equipment.
Gobberwart wrote:Jupider is EXACTLY right.
"In the time of war, we would never have left a man stranded."
"Maybe that's why we lost."

commandermack
Chat Moderator

Unread post by commandermack » Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:55 pm

well in the case of JACKPOT and BETTER SCORE and probably SCORE the images changed in this zone and the 3-D specs are reverting them is the actual issue he is raising, while he included images not relevant to this point as well. This is an actual issue. Not a gear oversight.

Probably has to do with image types, as this issue was brought up during the last testing session as being caught. Why it reverts to the old image is beyond me though, unless it was coded into the glasses with an image link that didn't get changed.

Gobberwart
Developer

Unread post by Gobberwart » Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:14 am

Fixed

Here's the reason for the error for those who like to know this kind of stuff:

When you're wearing XD specs and go adventuring, the game checks a specific location to see if an XD image exists for that specific opponent/nombat and shows it, otherwise it will generate a new XD image on the fly and store it in that location to be referenced by everyone else in the future. I did it that way so I wouldn't have to manually create individual XD images myself for everything, and also so that the game wouldn't have to create a new image every time.

In this case, when I replaced the mine images, I just forgot to delete the corresponding stored XD images, so when you go there wearing the specs, it looks in the location and finds a matching XD image and just shows that.

I've deleted the old XD images now (for everything, not just the mine) so from now on, you should get all new ones.