Chrome issue(s)

Think you've found a bug? Here's the place to talk about it. It might actually get fixed.

Moderator: Public Forum Moderators

Topic author
jupider
Senior Chat Moderator

Chrome issue(s)

Unread post by jupider » Wed Jul 09, 2014 4:51 pm

I've been working myself away from Firefox and moving on to Chrome, mainly due to the fact that I welcome our new Google overlords, but there is one particular issue that bugs me and I've tried to do a Google search but don't know if it's truly a Chrome issue, a Paradox issue, or just something goofy with my configuration settings. Maybe others can duplicate it and help me out.

Do this:
Go to Inventory>Manage Stuff and select the storage area of your choice (so long as it populates the entire text box)
Drag the chat window pane up so it obstructs any amount of the text box containing the items (The items' text box is not entirely in the main pane)
Now click on one of the items in the list.

The result:
It seems that Chrome automatically scrolls the parent window down so the entire area of the items' text box can be seen and THEN selects the item under the mouse cursor (AFTER the scroll), effectively NOT selecting the item you originally intended.

I know it's not a major issue or anything important or in dire need of immediate attention, but I just wanted to point it out. I can get annoying if the bottom one or two items cannot be seen and the window "jumps" and selects a different item. I'm at the point now where I've actually conditioned myself to ensure the entire text box is in the window before selecting anything.

In Short:
Gobb, don't worry about this. Focus on beta. I'm just venting. These aren't the droids you're looking for. Move along.
Gobberwart wrote:Jupider is EXACTLY right.
"In the time of war, we would never have left a man stranded."
"Maybe that's why we lost."

commandermack
Chat Moderator

Re: Chrome issue(s)

Unread post by commandermack » Wed Jul 09, 2014 5:44 pm

i can't even replicate this. when i attempt to move the chat panel up, my mouse highlights everything at the same time, moving the window's scroll bar and everything.

Topic author
jupider
Senior Chat Moderator

Unread post by jupider » Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:44 pm

Hmmm. I've noticed it only "jumps" when the text box doesn't already have focus. In any even, I'm sure it's a Chrome issue and not Paradox's.
Gobberwart wrote:Jupider is EXACTLY right.
"In the time of war, we would never have left a man stranded."
"Maybe that's why we lost."

Gobberwart
Developer

Unread post by Gobberwart » Fri Aug 01, 2014 4:48 am

Yeah, I see what you mean. I have absolutely no idea why Chrome does that, and I'm just going to move along...