Mining Permit

Think you've found a bug? Here's the place to talk about it. It might actually get fixed.

Moderator: Public Forum Moderators

Topic author
mastechno
Chat Moderator

Mining Permit

Unread post by mastechno » Tue Sep 02, 2008 8:32 am

It's 1pm CDT well after intermission, yet I cannot buy a new mining permit for today :( did you possibly switch the "new day" time?

Grokly
Forum Addict

Re: Mining Permit

Unread post by Grokly » Tue Sep 02, 2008 1:41 pm

Is it safe to assume that:
a) you don't already have a permit in inventory, and
b) you didn't lose your last permit after 4:30am CDT?

Topic author
mastechno
Chat Moderator

Unread post by mastechno » Tue Sep 02, 2008 1:51 pm

Correct I had lost it before 4:30am CDT, and I didn't already have one in my inven

Gobberwart
Developer

Unread post by Gobberwart » Wed Sep 03, 2008 11:35 am

Sorry, meant to take a look at this when I got home from work, but a situation arose at home that prevented it.

I've had a look and there's no obvious reason why this should have happened. There is a solitary cave-in at an odd time, but that should've been pre-rollover so... shrug.

Right now it looks as though you should have no problem buying a new permit, and I'm home today so should be able to look at it immediately (ish) if it happens again.

Topic author
mastechno
Chat Moderator

Unread post by mastechno » Wed Sep 03, 2008 1:35 pm

Worked just fine today....weirdness

Gobberwart
Developer

Unread post by Gobberwart » Wed Sep 03, 2008 1:47 pm

Very odd, considering the way the intermission script resets this stuff (ie. everyone at once rather than individually). We'll have to keep an eye on that.

Impalix
Chat Moderator

Unread post by Impalix » Fri Sep 05, 2008 4:14 pm

I have something fishy to add to this report.

So, yesterday I went through all of my turns without losing my permit. Today, I lost my permit on the first cave-in (3 TURNS IN) and the mine office will not allow me purchase of another one. This seems a little shady. Shouldn't the total number of cave-ins caused reset back to 0 after intermission so that you can go mining daily? Not pick up where you left off the day before?

beastyclaire
Forum Poster

Unread post by beastyclaire » Fri Sep 05, 2008 11:37 pm

When I done my turns yesterday, I ran all but 20 of them at the mine. It seemed to take ages to loose my permit, but I did loose it in the end after about 150 turns :/ Is that odd to you guys? Ive never been able to adventure that long before.

stroby
Forum Addict

Unread post by stroby » Sat Sep 06, 2008 3:21 am

A very similar thing happened to me as it did to impy, didn't lose my permit after about 50 turns one day next day continued about 10 adventures in (2nd cave-in of day) I lost my permit and I seem to remember have had another insistence of this before which was even closer to impy's as I lost it on the 1st cave in. I was thinking that perhaps its a roll on each cave in and the more and more cave ins there are in a day the more likely you are to lose your permit but this means there still would be a small chance of losing your permit on the 1st cave in, perhaps if this is the case could a stopper be put in place so you can't lose it on the 1st and 2nd cave ins

EDIT
Have since read the wiki and seen that it does not think that there is a roll but after 5 cave ins you should lose your permit meaning that the cave-in counter does not reset at rollover

Gobberwart
Developer

Unread post by Gobberwart » Sun Sep 07, 2008 11:58 am

This is indeed not a bug. You are allowed 5 cave-ins per permit, not per day. If you lose your permit, you may not purchase another one until the following day, regardless of how long it took you to lose said permit. If the RNG is kind enough to let you get through an entire day's adventuring without losing your permit (which really shouldn't happen all that often), then unless it's exceedingly kind there's a pretty good chance you'll lose it fairly early on the following day.