No more chat?

Think you've found a bug? Here's the place to talk about it. It might actually get fixed.

Moderator: Public Forum Moderators

Topic author
Deo
Forum Addict

No more chat?

Unread post by Deo » Mon Sep 08, 2008 9:55 pm

The Chat pane at the bottom of login where you can choose to chat there or have a popup is empty this morning. So, no chatting, is this an issue on my end or did this happen to anyone else?

DrWolf
Forum Addict

Re: No more chat?

Unread post by DrWolf » Tue Sep 09, 2008 3:46 am

Um...I'm in chat right now. I'm going to assume it's on your end, since the links came up fine for me.
Actually, here's a question. Were you on IE? I was just on IE in chat, and it started taking FOREVER to type out even one sentence. No one else was having the problem at all. Finally, the stupid browser shut itself down, so I started up Firefox, and haven't had any problems whatsoever.

Topic author
Deo
Forum Addict

Unread post by Deo » Tue Sep 09, 2008 5:48 am

ok, it's back up now, i'm going to blame Firefox for that one.

Gobberwart
Developer

Unread post by Gobberwart » Tue Sep 09, 2008 1:20 pm

I have my suspicions that the right-click menu I added yesterday isn't particularly efficient and is likely to create memory leakage and slowness, particularly if there's a lot of chat in the window. I don't think that has anything to do with what you saw, Deo, that sounds more like more stupid lag to me, but I will take another look at the right-click menu shortly.

In the meantime, since it doesn't work on IE, I'm just going to disable it in IE, because there's no point consuming resources for nothing.

Topic author
Deo
Forum Addict

Unread post by Deo » Wed Sep 10, 2008 5:33 am

cool, and yes, it would have nothing to do with that as it was days before you implemented it.