Weirdness with the Jogging Outfit

Think you've found a bug? Here's the place to talk about it. It might actually get fixed.

Moderator: Public Forum Moderators

Topic author
Ashallond
Forum Noob

Weirdness with the Jogging Outfit

Unread post by Ashallond » Wed Sep 24, 2008 5:28 pm

This was passed on to Gobber, and asked me to post it here.

I had already found the mime, ant, and mining outfits.

I was was wearing what I currently wearing right now.

I put on the loose shorts and the shirt using the drop down menus at the top of the equipment page and hit change equipment. and it told me that I had taken off my alpha shirt and my snakeskin pants. The shoes were already on...so basically a normal item switching type statement.

No green announcement, no nothing.

That's all I got. There wasn't an error spit out or anything, it just didn't acknowledge the outfit. I took it all off and out it all on at once. still nothing. I decided to get the alpha outfit, as I hadn't 'found' it yet, and then I got the standard green message saying it was my 5th outfit, and when I looked at the outfit drop down, all 5 outfits were there.

Gobberwart
Developer

Re: Weirdness with the Jogging Outfit

Unread post by Gobberwart » Wed Sep 24, 2008 5:34 pm

Thanks for that Ash.

As discussed, I had a good look at the code and tested it out, and haven't been able to replicate it or identify the problem. I suspect a couple of things, however:

1. It's not just the jogging outfit. Chances are good that if there's a bug in the way the "you have found a new outfit" message is displayed, it will be likely to affect multiple outfits.

2. It could actually be a symptom of a slow ajax call that got lost somewhere. That's just a wild guess, but would explain why I can't find the bug in the code.

Anyway, could I ask that other people keep an eye on this and let me know in this thread.