MMOs...for the Solo player.

Anything that doesn't fit in any other forum.

Moderator: Public Forum Moderators

Topic author
SportGuy
Forum Addict

MMOs...for the Solo player.

Unread post by SportGuy » Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:06 pm

I'm one of those terrible people. I'd like to see more MMOs cater towards solo players. Hardcore groupists get pissy and wonder why people like my don't just go play Skyrim or Fallout or something. I think those are great games. However I like to play games with a player community, as my involvement here in the past has shown. I like games with an open market, guilds, chats, etc. I just don't generally necessarily enjoy having to group, quest or raid with people to accomplish goals. Thus I've spent significant time in my life hoping for a truly solo-friendly MMO. While I haven't found one yet, I must say I have rediscovered EQ2 and have found it to be about the solo friendliest MMOs that I have played, particularly due to the newer merc options. When I haven't been engaging in school or life lately then I've likely been there.

Anyone else like soloing in MMOS like I do? What MMOS do you prefer to do it in?

sodafett
Chat Moderator

Re: MMOs...for the Solo player.

Unread post by sodafett » Sun Sep 02, 2012 12:45 pm

I like soloing MMOs , but mostly because I don't know many people on, I like running with friends, but I am a slower player than most, I like doing everything I can, I also tend to delete characters because I am trying to find the right one. I have been playing Guild Wars again, City of Heroes, and am taking a break from Star Wars the Old Republic for a bit due to finances, I have not tried EQ2, is it still p2p?

Topic author
SportGuy
Forum Addict

Unread post by SportGuy » Sun Sep 02, 2012 3:41 pm

I've played GW in the past and want to try GW2, just don't have the time to devote to 2 MMOs right now for sure. I never played CoH or SWTOR at all. Grouping with friends is better, but I also have a problem where I go slower or get up alot in between or what have you. EQ2 (and the original EQ) are both on f2p models now. However, similar to just about every major non-Asian MMO I know of on a ftp model, it is better if you do pay the fee because it removes some restrictions and such. EQ2 also gives everyone most of the expansion packs automatically. However, the last 2 expansion packs if you want you have to pay for. One of the 2 expansions I found really useful because it contained the ability to hire mercs. It is completely possible to go in and play a long time for free though and is worth a try if you want to see how you'd like it.

Cowboy
Forum Addict

Unread post by Cowboy » Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:37 am

I like to see how many dungeons I can do by myself. I used to solo dungeons in WoW as a Druid, it was fun.

I don't currently play any mmos though :(