A Little Bit O'fun - Which Way Is She Turning?

Anything that doesn't fit in any other forum.

Moderator: Public Forum Moderators

McFeisty
Chat Moderator

Re: A Little Bit O'fun - Which Way Is She Turning?

Unread post by McFeisty » Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:09 pm

jimmyBUFFET wrote:oh, look. I just saw this today.
Believe it or not, when I took the Mensa test this was one of the questions. "Is this an optical Illusion? If so, why?"
Just so you know.
-jB
You took the Mensa test? Are you a member? ;) I am, and fairly active in Sacramento Regional Mensa, but I never took the Mensa test.

I originally saw counter-clockwise, but I know enough about these sorts of things that I figured it must be both (or neither), and it ought to seem to change. After looking at it for about 30 seconds, I was able to make it change. Very cool. :)

jimmyBUFFET
Forum Addict

Unread post by jimmyBUFFET » Tue Nov 10, 2009 3:12 am

I don't remember whether I submitted the score or not to MENSA itself...believe it or not, I was a big enough nerd that I took it for fun when I was like 8. Also, in seventh grade I scored an 800 on the SATs haha. I was one of *those* kids. I don't, however, believe I'm STILL a member, even if I was then.

-jB

trogdorable
Forum Addict

Unread post by trogdorable » Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:18 am

800 in which section? I'm just assuming I was only one or 2 sections, cause usually if a person gets 800 in all 3, they brag about scoring a 2400.

I can't even remember what I scored. I know I did really well. Not perfect but above average. But I took mine before 2005 when they raised the top scoring to 2400, so I'm sure it would sound low now. Still, I don't judge people if they scored low cause some people just suck at having to take standardized tests, especially at 8am on a Saturday.

Elusis
Forum Addict

Unread post by Elusis » Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:49 pm

Yeah it used to be a 1600 scale with verbal and math sections, now it's critical reading, math and writing for 2400.

jimmyBUFFET
Forum Addict

Unread post by jimmyBUFFET » Wed Nov 11, 2009 3:32 am

it was 800/1600, for the curious ones. back on track though, doesn't the way she's turning signify something about whether you're left or right-brained?

-jB

trogdorable
Forum Addict

Unread post by trogdorable » Wed Nov 11, 2009 6:43 pm

Yep. As Gobb said in the 6th post in this thread
Gobberwart wrote:According to the site this came from, if you can see her going clockwise, you're using your right brain... anti-clockwise left brain. If you can make her switch at will, it apparently means you're a genius.

sodafett
Chat Moderator

Unread post by sodafett » Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:39 am

genius here...lol

Werecat
Forum Poster

Unread post by Werecat » Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:09 am

Do you define clockwise and counterclockwise from a viewpoint above the dancer? If so, she immediately appeared to be turning counterclockwise to me. :wink:

I can make her change direction, though.