i cant log in

Need to find out how to do something? Here's the place to ask for help.

Moderator: Public Forum Moderators

Topic author
invisible
Forum Addict

i cant log in

Unread post by invisible » Fri Jan 23, 2009 6:02 pm

i dont know what is up but i started to have some strange in game lag logged out and now cannot get into game.. only wiki and forms
says 11 people on line anyone else having this problem.. hopefully after intermission it is fixed IDK

Grokly
Forum Addict

Re: i cant log in

Unread post by Grokly » Fri Jan 23, 2009 6:05 pm

Just had art try to log in here, invisible. She's not having any problems.
Can you be more specific about what you mean by "and now cannot get into game."?

SportGuy
Forum Addict

Unread post by SportGuy » Fri Jan 23, 2009 6:07 pm

You might of already tried but i'd also say restart computer and try logging in again...that has solved many problems on paradox and all over the internet for me.

Topic author
invisible
Forum Addict

Unread post by invisible » Fri Jan 23, 2009 6:12 pm

it wont let me log in just sits there attempting to load but never really times out... my account frozen a few hours ago... all try and reset my computer ugh MACs

heliosa10
Forum Addict

Unread post by heliosa10 » Fri Jan 23, 2009 6:29 pm

Do not blame the mac, Invis Sun :D

Topic author
invisible
Forum Addict

Unread post by invisible » Fri Jan 23, 2009 7:09 pm

not at all i love MAC

heliosa10
Forum Addict

Unread post by heliosa10 » Fri Jan 23, 2009 7:38 pm

Then my work here is done. *Flies off on a magic carpet*

Topic author
invisible
Forum Addict

Unread post by invisible » Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:25 pm

just turns invisible and goes back to sitting in the corner counting his gold and silver rings

eL JoEy
Forum Addict

Unread post by eL JoEy » Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:02 pm

I'm having a log in problem.. it wasn't logging me in with my password and got an email twice with a new password but it still isn't working.. Slightly worried

Gobberwart
Developer

Unread post by Gobberwart » Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:46 am

In the email with the new password, there is a link you need to click to activate the new password before you try to use it. Looking at the database, it doesn't look like you've done that.

eL JoEy
Forum Addict

Unread post by eL JoEy » Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:06 pm

Oh dangit.. how embarrassing :oops:

Gobberwart
Developer

Unread post by Gobberwart » Sat Jan 16, 2010 12:40 am

Noob.

In other news, if people are logging in and seeing a whole bunch of errors saying something about "Password Hash Authentication Failed" - refresh your browser. The way the game handles logins has been changed to improve security, and if you're still using an old copy of the login page, it might get confused the first time you try to log in.

If that doesn't work, let me know.

Zammorak
Forum Addict

Unread post by Zammorak » Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:10 am

Okay, it looks like the Mac version of Safari V. 4.0.2 does not work with Paradox anymore. I cleared cookies, cleared the cache, and restarted the browser, etc. and still had the "Password Hash Authentication Failed" message. TROGDORable tried Safari V. 4.0.4, and it works fine, but anyone running on a Mac OS below 10.5 is screwed for now unless they switch to FireFox, which eats memory like a kid in a candy store. I hope this helps.

Gobberwart
Developer

Unread post by Gobberwart » Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:19 am

It doesn't help me, because I don't have a Mac and it works correctly in every browser I can find, so there's nothing I can use to test on. Anyone else out there have Safari 4.0.2 can confirm the problem, and maybe help do some troubleshooting to figure out what's going on?

commandermack
Chat Moderator

Unread post by commandermack » Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:06 am

Instead of making a totally nother topic... im just going to post this here since it is minorly related in some form of fashion.

http://yfrog.com/j3loginerror2j

So the issue is, you go to paradox the musical while logged out... go to log in, and the error keeps popping up... asked others regarding this, seems to be just me getting it every session. I clear caches about twice a day. lol... Any reason or logic you have have to help me would be appreciated. :)

Gobberwart
Developer

Unread post by Gobberwart » Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:36 am

Well, here's how the login security works now... When you load the login page, the game generates a unique 32-character MD5 hash, which it combines with your password and stores in the database. The original 32-character hash is sent to your browser as a "challenge". When you click "Login", the script takes your password, combines it with the challenge and MD5 hashes it, then sends only your username and that resultant hash back to the server. If the hash is correct, it logs you in, otherwise it doesn't. Basically, that means your password is never actually sent over the internet, which means nobody can find it out by running some kind of dodgy network sniffer software. And that's a good thing.

Now, with this particularly error, the game is saying it couldn't find a hash for you in the database, which is odd because it should generate one every time you load the login page. Obviously it does after it gives you the error or you wouldn't be able to log in.

Thing is, though, I can't make this happen on any server with any browser, so I'm not entirely sure why you'd be seeing it. What I need to find out is what's different about your setup that could be causing it. At this stage, tell me exactly what you do to log in and get that error message, including how you get to the login page, the address of that page etc. and I'll see if there's anything obvious.

mastechno
Chat Moderator

Unread post by mastechno » Sun Jan 17, 2010 12:35 pm

@ Mack your not alone...the past 4 times(twice yesterday and twice today) I've tried to log in...it gives me the same error as pictured above after attempting to log in the first time...do everything exactly the same a second time and logs me in perfectly. I find this a minor inconvenience, so not a huge deal, but is annoying none the less.

Gobberwart
Developer

Unread post by Gobberwart » Sun Jan 17, 2010 12:38 pm

And it definitely shouldn't be happening. As with mack, I need to know exactly what you do when you go to log in, and what might be different about your situation.

jimmyBUFFET
Forum Addict

Unread post by jimmyBUFFET » Mon Jan 18, 2010 3:46 am

I use Google Chrome and have my password stored in the browser. When I load the page, the username and password are autofilled, I check the secure login box and click login, and I get the error. So far, it repeated itself continuously once until I restarted my browser, and now it does it once every time, so I have to click login twice. This has only been happening the last couple says, so I'm sure its related...otherwise, it's the type of thing I would merely attribute to my own cluttered sense of organisation on my own laptop.

-jB

trogdorable
Forum Addict

Unread post by trogdorable » Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:07 am

Did you try everything in this thread?
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1078

commandermack
Chat Moderator

Unread post by commandermack » Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:48 am

seemed to load fine after the update.

Sun, Jan 17, 2010 17:51 - Gobberwart
I just made a minor tweak to the security settings added recently. Some page refreshing might be needed to make the game work if you were just logged in.

hmm... i always type in

http://www.paradoxthemusical.com/index.php
or
paradoxthemusical.com

both would make it happen. so yeah.

mastechno
Chat Moderator

Unread post by mastechno » Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:25 am

i go to paradoxthemusical.com, type in my username and pass, hit enter, and then get an error once, then do it again and i'm fine...using FF 3.5.7...let me know if you need other/more details

Gobberwart
Developer

Unread post by Gobberwart » Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:58 am

Interesting. I'm getting from this that it's no longer happening for mack (even though that's not one of the things I changed), but it is (or might be) still happening to Jimmy and Mas. According to the server logs, it hasn't actually happened to anyone in over 11 hours now. Of course, I can't reproduce the issue on any of the browsers/computers I have available to me, which makes troubleshooting amazingly difficult. Hmmm.

Given the nature of this change, and the fact the browser caches are notoriously painful, I'd like to leave it a few days and see what happens.

Guys, please let me know if it continues to be an issue.
jimmyBUFFET wrote:I check the secure login box
The what now? There's a "silent" login box, which basically just stops the game announcing that you logged on to people in chat who have you on their contact list. There's no secure login box. I'm assuming that was a typo because you had the word "secure" in your head at the time?

Gobberwart
Developer

Unread post by Gobberwart » Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:12 pm

Update:

In order for login to work properly, it turns out that you MUST go to http://www.paradoxthemusical.com or http://www.paradoxthemusical.com/index.php.

If you're going to http://paradoxthemusical.com or any other variation, change it and try again.

I'm about to add in some code that will force the correct address, but in the meantime, try that if you're having this issue.

mastechno
Chat Moderator

Unread post by mastechno » Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:35 pm

and going to the first link solved my issue :) Thanks Gobb!

Gobberwart
Developer

Unread post by Gobberwart » Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:21 pm

Update: I've added some code that will check to see if you're at http://www.paradoxthemusical.com and, if not, it will send you there. Should hopefully make this go away.

jimmyBUFFET
Forum Addict

Unread post by jimmyBUFFET » Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:14 am

my side is now fixed. thanks, captain planet! I mean, gobb!

-jB

Elusis
Forum Addict

Unread post by Elusis » Sun Jan 31, 2010 11:21 pm

Can't login through Google Chrome, you put your name and password, but once you click Login the password disappears the page loads and returns you to the homepage with no login error or anything.

Edit: Okay seems like it does the same thing in Firefox but you do actually get logged in and it works fine. But yeah Chrome doesn't work though.

DrWolf
Forum Addict

Unread post by DrWolf » Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:04 am

What OS are you using, Elusis? I'm on Vista and use Chrome, and haven't had any problems at all with it.

Gobberwart
Developer

Unread post by Gobberwart » Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:11 pm

Chrome has been tested and works fine, but you may need to clear out your browser cache if you're having problems.

Elusis
Forum Addict

Unread post by Elusis » Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:44 pm

Yeah Ctrl+F5 doesn't fix it but clearing browser data does.

eL JoEy
Forum Addict

Unread post by eL JoEy » Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:36 am

Why does Paradox hate me :(

I can't log in AGAIN D:

I've requested 6 passwords and still no luck..

GIVE ME A SIGN D:

Gobberwart
Developer

Unread post by Gobberwart » Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:27 pm

Did you receive the email with the new password?

If you did, did you click the link to confirm the new password or did you just try using the new password to log in? You MUST click that link before the new password will work, otherwise some idiot could just go around randomly resetting peoples' passwords, and that would suck.

Finally, what error message are you seeing?

eL JoEy
Forum Addict

Unread post by eL JoEy » Sun Feb 28, 2010 1:25 pm

Ah crap................ didnt see the link :O

Sorry :oops:

ElljaeT
Developer

Unread post by ElljaeT » Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:31 pm

/me sighs Joey Joey Joey.

When I was first reading your most recent posts I was having a sense of deja vu. When I scrolled up the screen I discovered why. You had the same problem on the 15th of Jan this year lol. AND Gobb gave you the same advice back then :lol:

Maybe next time you can't log in, you should read this thread first.

Paradox doesn't hate you and you are far too young to have Alzheimer's :mrgreen:

eL JoEy
Forum Addict

Unread post by eL JoEy » Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:36 am

Haha sooooooooooooooooorrrrry!

and will next time! Which I hope there wont be xD I've memerised it!