another idea about toilets

Got a suggestion as to how we can improve the game? Post it here!

Moderator: Public Forum Moderators

Topic author
invisible
Forum Addict

another idea about toilets

Unread post by invisible » Fri Jan 23, 2009 4:35 pm

i was thinking about dads idea on Toilets and thought wow it could actually be a great quest idea for a whole bathroom event

put it in the university and pay homage to the 70s gator/sewer movies and harry potter in one shot

some horrible experiment gone wrong or troubled student from the past leaves behind a little trouble (chamber of secrets)

a serious of events have caused the need of your attention in the city sewer system when several females entered the bathroom to never return
could have non combats like hazing and swirlys and ones that could remove bladder and stomach (if maybe Holo Eyes didnt already do it or you)
fight several bloated victims that give hints to a monster in the sewer
come in contact with a ghostly entity called the Groaning Gridle (aka Moaning Murtle)
run into disgruntled city/sewer workers
to end up fight a huge Alligator the King Gator
he could drop skins and or items.. the skins could be made into belts, boots and many more making a whole new set to collect and maybe a weapon made out of gator teeth
there could be spawn of the gator to fight along the way

had a second idea involving another bathroom in the Burger Joint involving some bad meat and fighting a Poop Monster (dogma/south park)

Invisible - life should always be in black and white and never shades of grey

heliosa10
Forum Addict

Re: another idea about toilets

Unread post by heliosa10 » Fri Jan 23, 2009 6:05 pm

Ummmm, Nice. I'm interested in Gobb's response. *EDIT* Note to Gobb. About invisible's Post below, Remember the Mega Sore Ass *EDIT*
Last edited by heliosa10 on Fri Jan 23, 2009 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Topic author
invisible
Forum Addict

Unread post by invisible » Fri Jan 23, 2009 6:14 pm

was thinking since the game is time based could even be dino like creature maybe brought through time LOL

Grokly
Forum Addict

Unread post by Grokly » Fri Jan 23, 2009 6:25 pm

What, like baby raptors growing up fat and happy in the sewers beneath Paradox City and emerging from toilets to snatch people from bathrooms?

Ok.

... and forcing you to wander through sewers for gator skins?

Not so much.

Topic author
invisible
Forum Addict

Unread post by invisible » Fri Jan 23, 2009 8:52 pm

the skins concept was not to make it so people would farm the bathroom for them it would be a one time drop when you fight the boss.. but would take many runs to get the set... and the dino ideal was just to keep it more in line with time travel idea... but yea thats the ticket come on we all know we want a gator skin cowboy boots LOL

jimmyBUFFET
Forum Addict

Unread post by jimmyBUFFET » Fri Jan 23, 2009 9:20 pm

/me goes into Times Square with said boots, a guitar, a cowboy hat and some tighty-whiteys.

-jB

Blaize
Forum Addict

Unread post by Blaize » Sat Jan 24, 2009 12:47 am

I'm not sure I like the idea of baby raptors in there...... :D

Topic author
invisible
Forum Addict

Unread post by invisible » Sat Jan 24, 2009 5:09 am

MrsOraptor wrote:I'm not sure I like the idea of baby raptors in there...... :D
lol i wonder why all be nice on this one

Gobberwart
Developer

Unread post by Gobberwart » Sat Jan 24, 2009 4:37 pm

Interesting random ideas, but unfortunately that's all they are... random ideas. We're currently not short on those, it's refining those ideas into workable content that's causing the various delays, due to the sheer amount of content required.

Something I didn't realise, starting this project, was the massive number of things to be worked out/developed/implement for something to happen. Things like:

- Storyline or sideline content?
- What's the narrative reason for it?
- How does a player get to it?
- What needs to be done to complete it (where appropriate)?
- What encounters need to be included? (includes descriptions, conversations, hit/miss messages, graphics etc.)
- What items need to be created? (includes descriptions, use messages, hit/miss messages, graphics, effects, bonuses etc.)
- What new mechanics need to be invented to cope with the way the new items/encounters work?
- What effect will the new content have on existing content?
- Is the new content properly balanced?
- etc.

I hope you're seeing what I'm getting at here. Not to discourage the posting of ideas in the slightest, but just pointing out that even though the idea itself may be good (and it seems ok), it's not something we can just pick up today and plug into the game tomorrow. There's a HUGE process to go through first, and the end result may end up bearing only a very, very slight resemblance to the original idea.

Bottom line: nice idea which we might use in part at some point. Additional detail would be extremely helpful.

pandamonieum
Forum Poster

Unread post by pandamonieum » Mon Feb 02, 2009 2:00 am

the problem I'd have with sewer content is just that both KoL and Twilight Heroes have sewer adventures... though ending up in the sewers through the bathroom is slightly different, but... I guess I just don't like to see too much resembling other games' content in the actual gameplay/adventuring.

I'm guessing since it's titled "another idea about toilets" there's some other bathroom ideas floating around... Which I should probably find and read before I start thinking about other bathroom ideas...

Topic author
invisible
Forum Addict

Unread post by invisible » Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:14 am

Ugh

Chachoregard
Forum Regular

Unread post by Chachoregard » Wed Feb 04, 2009 6:34 pm

Panda has a point. Both Twilight and KOL have an Incredibly Spacious Sewer, but then again, following the cliches of RPGs and video games everywhere else, I think its almost mandatory you have a Sewer level. Gotta have your sewer rats, and your goddamn bats. Of course, it wont be a labyrynth like KoL and Twilight, maybe it can just be linear. You CAN go through different paths, leading to different adventures and combats, and eventually, you'll end up at the Boss Room and then after that, you be out of the pipes and covered in sewage gloop. The combinations could be vast and some rare adventures will have the chance to take a small shortcut, that is if you're lucky.

jimmyBUFFET
Forum Addict

Unread post by jimmyBUFFET » Thu Feb 05, 2009 1:35 am

As much as I see the sewer idea as a clone of a KoL idea, if it does end up happening I demand that there be "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" references enough to keep my turtle-lust satiated.

-jB

DrWolf
Forum Addict

Unread post by DrWolf » Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:07 am

How can you have a sewer without the Ninja Turtles?

jimmyBUFFET
Forum Addict

Unread post by jimmyBUFFET » Thu Feb 05, 2009 1:56 pm

DrWolf wrote:How can you have a sewer without the Ninja Turtles?
I know, right?

-jB