Gadgets without TP combat processing

Got a suggestion as to how we can improve the game? Post it here!

Moderator: Public Forum Moderators

Topic author
commandermack
Chat Moderator

Gadgets without TP combat processing

Unread post by commandermack » Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:39 pm

OK, so I was thinking that if you try to attack with a gadget and you don't have any TP left, the rest of the combat should still trigger normally, AKA: pets, biofeedback watch, so-on-so-forth

That way you can still win the combat without using combat items and still have a chance to recover TP to use the gadget.

opinions? feedback? :)

Cowboy
Forum Addict

Re: Gadgets without TP combat processing

Unread post by Cowboy » Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:21 pm

I don't understand. You fight with your fists? You get to use the gadget free of cost? :?:

Elusis
Forum Addict

Unread post by Elusis » Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:31 am

He's saying:

No TP = Ignore gadget that uses TP

Cowboy
Forum Addict

Unread post by Cowboy » Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:49 am

So you fight with your fists or combat items. I'm all for this.

Topic author
commandermack
Chat Moderator

Unread post by commandermack » Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:33 am

no, you ignore your Damage... you have no fist because you are holding the gadget... I'm just suggesting that it process the combat normally as if the attack missed or dealt 0 damage. So that the specials for progressing combat rounds still trigger. So for instance, your Pet could still deal damage despite you not having any TP with a gadget equipped and no combat items in your inventory... cus the way it is now, if that happens, you have to run away or wait for the combat to reach the max length.

Deo
Forum Addict

Unread post by Deo » Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:13 am

I agree totally with commandermack but also to a less degree the option to revert back to your fists (which probably seems more likely).
Tp is quite expensive and used up very quickly, maybe in a single combat where at low levels you just simply cannot use these tp consuming weapons are you do not have enough maximum tp for a fight.

~Edit #1: maybe it may be more acceptible to just be able to use the tp consumer as a 'club' or something?

Gobberwart
Developer

Unread post by Gobberwart » Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:25 am

Anything that does nothing but still allows the combat round to take place, without any penalties, basically equals free stasis, and that's something we want to discourage because <insert rant about unnecessary server load>. Reverting to using the gadget as a significantly weaker club if you're out of TP might be an option though. Further thoughts/comments encouraged.