More KoL-esce Halloween

Got a suggestion as to how we can improve the game? Post it here!

Moderator: Public Forum Moderators

Topic author
commandermack
Chat Moderator

More KoL-esce Halloween

Unread post by commandermack » Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:20 am

So, for some reason, i randomly was thinking about Halloween. Thinking on this, I thought how little tons of the outfits are valued in usefulness and uniqueness right now. Which got me to thinking about how KoL has a unique Halloween item for basicly every outfit, but it would be silly to just copy KoL when you could improve on it still and make it more PARADOX and less, just spend your turns and get out. lol. So my thought was, Copy the unique outfit part but change the how you adventure part. Have a special zone that comes up on Halloween that has unique sub-areas to it. Examples: Little Asia, Suburban Culdesac, Middle of No Where, P.U. Dorms. The different areas would give out different things as base candy(what you get with no outfit, or mixed with outfit candy). But what fun is the TREAT without the TRICK. While getting the Nombat candy, there is a slight chance you will run into a Combat Trickster or get a Nombat where you decide to not wait till you get home to eat a candy and get food poisoning or something like that.

Gobberwart
Developer

Re: More KoL-esce Halloween

Unread post by Gobberwart » Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:45 pm

Yeah I'd definitely like to do something a bit more interesting for Halloween this year, but we really need to prioritise. I'll come back to this after Beta.

Topic author
commandermack
Chat Moderator

Re: More KoL-esce Halloween

Unread post by commandermack » Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:31 am

That was the initial thought, just thought i would post it now so others could add ideas and whatnots. :)