Levi's Suggestion Forum

Got a suggestion as to how we can improve the game? Post it here!

Moderator: Public Forum Moderators

Topic author
levi_will
Forum Noob

Levi's Suggestion Forum

Unread post by levi_will » Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:37 pm

Woot. Since people have been telling me to go the Forum to give my suggestions so here they are...
Dual Wielding
Allows players to chose between a 2 hander, sword and shield and two weapons.
Presumably, wielding two weapons takes a toll on either damage and/or accuracy, so it.
It also makes people (mainly me) feel like a ninja assassin with a newspaper and a garden hose equipped as weapons fighting the dread gazebo.

The Virus
A quest chain that leads up to your character being fused with a virus.
The virus gives a huge boost to stats/hp/tp/damage in return for double turn usage and a negative stat gain. Can be turned on or off.
Way too much prototype on my part.

Time Machine Quest chain
Your character discovers a time machine. (s)he takes it out for a spin, and winds up in significant points in Paradox past and 'accidentally' kills past leaders (perhaps fictional) that shaped Paradox Present. Since your character exists i the present created by these leaders, (s)he ceases to exist and is sent to an alternate Paradox present, a warped mainframe of what's currently there (the park becomes the forest, the university becomes the high school). The character is than sent to figure out a way back to their original time zone, which could consist of using the time machine to kill yourself before you kill those leaders... or something. My idea gets kinda fuzzy near this point.

Suggestions-
The mainframe.... Ugh. It bothers me to no end. Sorry :(. I don't enjoy scrolling down to press attack, nor scrolling to read the combat text and figuring out what happened. I prefer things to be on the same page so its easier to access. -Will draw up a suggestion shortly-

Cowboy
Forum Addict

Re: Levi's Suggestion Forum

Unread post by Cowboy » Sat Jul 03, 2010 4:53 am

Comments in bold.
levi_will wrote:Woot. Since people have been telling me to go the Forum to give my suggestions so here they are...
Dual Wielding
Presumably, wielding two weapons takes a toll on either damage and/or accuracy, so it.
It also makes people (mainly me) feel like a ninja assassin with a newspaper and a garden hose equipped as weapons fighting the dread gazebo.
This is coming.

The Virus
The virus gives a huge boost to stats/hp/tp/damage in return for double turn usage and a negative stat gain. Can be turned on or off.
I don't like it at all. Boss fights would be too easy, and they are supposed to be hard...

Time Machine Quest chain
Your character discovers a time machine. (s)he takes it out for a spin, and winds up in significant points in Paradox past and 'accidentally' kills past leaders (perhaps fictional) that shaped Paradox Present. Since your character exists i the present created by these leaders, (s)he ceases to exist and is sent to an alternate Paradox present, a warped mainframe of what's currently there (the park becomes the forest, the university becomes the high school). The character is than sent to figure out a way back to their original time zone, which could consist of using the time machine to kill yourself before you kill those leaders... or something. My idea gets kinda fuzzy near this point.
Could be good if it was worked out more...

Suggestions-
The mainframe.... Ugh. It bothers me to no end. Sorry :(. I don't enjoy scrolling down to press attack, nor scrolling to read the combat text and figuring out what happened. I prefer things to be on the same page so its easier to access. -Will draw up a suggestion shortly-
I have no clue what you mean.

Gobberwart
Developer

Re: Levi's Suggestion Forum

Unread post by Gobberwart » Sat Jul 03, 2010 1:01 pm

levi_will wrote:Woot. Since people have been telling me to go the Forum to give my suggestions so here they are...
Dual Wielding
Skills are currently in progress and will include some form of dual wielding ability.
levi_will wrote:The Virus
Care to elaborate?
levi_will wrote:Time Machine Quest chain
Time travel will be forming a core part of the game, and we have a number of ideas involving alternate timelines, interesting time periods to play in etc.
levi_will wrote:The mainframe.... Ugh. It bothers me to no end. Sorry :(. I don't enjoy scrolling down to press attack, nor scrolling to read the combat text and figuring out what happened. I prefer things to be on the same page so its easier to access. -Will draw up a suggestion shortly-
Don't be sorry, it's good feedback. Would love to see an idea of how to improve it though. Combat text is pretty important to the narrative and, since it's a text-based game, it's not something I'd want to get rid of. If you can think of a better way to present it, though, by all means share and I'll see what we can do.