Radio Station

Got a suggestion as to how we can improve the game? Post it here!

Moderator: Public Forum Moderators

Topic author
Ragazi
Forum Addict

Radio Station

Unread post by Ragazi » Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:17 pm

Disclaimer: I am no programmer and have no idea how difficult my ideas would be to execute nor do I know what problems they may cause. I only know my ideas are cool. :p

This idea just came to me. Why not put an actual location in the game that is the Radio station. It would be perfect you can go there to apply as a DJ. Or click on a link to tune in, pick up that prize you just won off the Dj and place requests. Maybe even a dungeon like the basement or something. I already got a list of monsters to fight here somewhere in my notes.

I dunno if this would be a good idea or a bad idea just thought it would be cool.

commandermack
Chat Moderator

Re: Radio Station

Unread post by commandermack » Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:43 pm

I like this... It could have a bulletin board that lists all the DJs and when they Air as well.

Cowboy
Forum Addict

Unread post by Cowboy » Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:25 am

I like it too.

sodafett
Chat Moderator

Unread post by sodafett » Thu Nov 11, 2010 8:28 am

I guess it could be a image link to send the people to the RFX website, right? Or pull up the DJ schedule? Is that what you are thinking?

Topic author
Ragazi
Forum Addict

Unread post by Ragazi » Thu Nov 11, 2010 8:44 pm

Actually it would have a link at the location. I was talking about making it an actual location in the game where the character can go to do stuffs. SUch as tune in make requests pick up any radio prizes there may be and much much more!

commandermack
Chat Moderator

Unread post by commandermack » Fri Nov 12, 2010 8:02 pm

Soda, think of an NPC store meets Leaderboards... It would be a building you could enter, with various things inside, like a jukebox/radio that would have direct links integrated into it as "images" that would take you straight to the station. There would of course be a direct link to the radio station site as well on a Station Terminal or something. Just something to help incourage FUTURE players to listen to the radio.

Gobberwart
Developer

Unread post by Gobberwart » Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:54 pm

Cool, but remember that RFX isn't actually an official part of Paradox as such. The guys at RFX are our friends and we like to maintain a pretty good working relationship, but that's as far as it goes. At this stage anyway. Maybe in the future things might change, but for now the prizes we have, the links in the menus and the chat stuff is about as much as we can realistically do.