Dixon's Cider Spider vs. Other drink spiders.

Got a suggestion as to how we can improve the game? Post it here!

Moderator: Public Forum Moderators

Topic author
Ragazi
Forum Addict

Dixon's Cider Spider vs. Other drink spiders.

Unread post by Ragazi » Fri Nov 12, 2010 6:27 pm

Maybe its just me but shouldnt a store bought combination yield less bonus than the combination that can be farmed? Otherwise it just make the Sodas that are dropped undesirable and just auto-sell junk. Dunno it just seems to me that the dropped ones should have more value than they do.

commandermack
Chat Moderator

Re: Dixon's Cider Spider vs. Other drink spiders.

Unread post by commandermack » Fri Nov 12, 2010 8:05 pm

The food and drink Turn/Stat thing is so bad, this Particular incident is the least of the worries, really. :P

A level 1 character can farm, create, and eat the best combinable food in the game without risking death. While the higher level zones food isn't worth touching. There is no incline to food/drink consumption as you play.

Cowboy
Forum Addict

Unread post by Cowboy » Fri Nov 12, 2010 10:47 pm

I really agree.... sodas are so hard to get compared to spiders just bought with moolah. They should be much better.

Topic author
Ragazi
Forum Addict

Unread post by Ragazi » Sat Nov 13, 2010 5:57 am

I know this is probably a small issue compared to others, but at some point these issues should be addressed because they are things that will control the market that will be the player stores. When a game like this begins it needs to have several base items that will control barter and trade between players, this is give the game a solid economy to build off of.

So I ain't saying this needs to be fixed now. Just something to take care of in the future, I just am just posting it now because I forget things easy and this was on my mind at the moment. ;)

commandermack
Chat Moderator

Unread post by commandermack » Sat Nov 13, 2010 1:16 pm

Ragazi wrote:I know this is probably a small issue compared to others, but at some point these issues should be addressed because they are things that will control the market that will be the player stores. When a game like this begins it needs to have several base items that will control barter and trade between players, this is give the game a solid economy to build off of.

So I ain't saying this needs to be fixed now. Just something to take care of in the future, I just am just posting it now because I forget things easy and this was on my mind at the moment. ;)

I agree, I am basicly just saying that EVERYTHING food and drink wise needs a fix 'basicly', so you are just looking at a small thing compared to the WHOLE that needs to be taken care of, and I think that Food/Drink stat/turn gain is already on the list. To diversify the items. As it stands, there isn't much difference between food. If they give more turns, they give more stats... Food/Drinks need to range, if one gives 1 turn and 2 subpoints in one type, another should give it in another type, and another should give 2 turns and 0-1 subpoints in the same fullness group without overlapping much... unless it is a COMBINATION component, those are understandably going to be 1 turnish and 0-1 statish. Dixon food needs to be fixed where it isn't as good. Drinks are just not as TURN rewarding so the gaps aren't as big. And while the SODAs may techniquely require adventuring to get, they are in a zone where there is no battle, and they don't cost anything... if they are equivalent to the CIDERS then there isn't really an issue... they are the lowest COMPONENT to a drink combination and thusly should be shown as such in the TURN/STAT gain department.

Gobberwart
Developer

Unread post by Gobberwart » Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:58 pm

Oh hell yeah, I totally agree with this. Part of the reason beta is taking so friggin long is that there is a MASSIVE amount of stuff that needs to be completely reassessed and overhauled along these lines. That said, there are plans for certain types of new food/drink drops and crafing skills that will introduce ranges of craftable consumables that... well, should shake things up a bit. Yes, it probably means we're going to nerf some of the existing stuff. Or at least make it much harder to obtain some things (advanced burger-crafting anyone? heh).

Cowboy
Forum Addict

Unread post by Cowboy » Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:26 am

The reason beta is taking so long is that gobb has to do most of the work, and he has a family, job, and real life :(

Gobberwart
Developer

Unread post by Gobberwart » Thu Dec 09, 2010 5:18 pm

Thanks buddy. Totally true :)