Rigged Dice

Got a suggestion as to how we can improve the game? Post it here!

Moderator: Public Forum Moderators

Topic author
commandermack
Chat Moderator

Rigged Dice

Unread post by commandermack » Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:53 am

Ok, so I was thinking, the Holographic Dice has so many effects and results that a person would want to get repeatedly. So maybe make a Device that would let you Rig the results of the dice like 3 times a day. You could make it only do certain things to avoid Stomach and Bladder if you wanted, because of Manufacturer Safety Issues or whatever. Just a thought, thinking some people in reset might benefit from being able to get a Stat boost or a subpoint gain. While people in regular play would benefit from things like financially aware and other things.

jupider
Senior Chat Moderator

Re: Rigged Dice

Unread post by jupider » Mon Mar 14, 2011 3:16 pm

Hmmm... Personally, I think the risk you take is part of the device. Being able to tailor the dice in an attempt to obtain a specific result seems to defeat the randomness of dice. Why not just make a device that specifically reduces bladder/stomach? Or increases stats? Or grants +Item/+Moolah drops? I will admit, as the TP cost goes up, it would be nice to be able to have a better chance at getting what you want, but as stated in a previous thread, the dice rolls are all about luck and probability.

But to support your idea, whatever item you could obtain to grant you the ability to predetermine the outcome would need to be consumed. Getting one item and using it day after day to your advantage is waaaaaaaay overpowered. Yeah, you could use it to persuade the dice three times, but then it's destroyed. Go get another one.
Gobberwart wrote:Jupider is EXACTLY right.
"In the time of war, we would never have left a man stranded."
"Maybe that's why we lost."

Topic author
commandermack
Chat Moderator

Unread post by commandermack » Mon Mar 14, 2011 6:38 pm

yeah, i was thinking like an Electronic Number Pre-determinator or something of the sorts that would run out of juice.

Gobberwart
Developer

Unread post by Gobberwart » Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:56 pm

How many thousand tickets would that cost?

I've added the suggestion to the request system, just wondering if maybe that would be another item from the prize booth at higher cost? It would just make sense.

Topic author
commandermack
Chat Moderator

Unread post by commandermack » Tue Mar 15, 2011 4:13 am

Logically, I think it does make perfect sense that something that is an accessory to something should be cheaper, but that isn't always the case, those BOSE Ipod docks are a good example. Costs like double the most expensive iPod and like 5x the cheapest one. All in all, i think the cost should definitely be more than the Dice, because getting something to modify something that is more expensive just seems silly.

I'd say double the Dice cost at least.

Blaize
Forum Addict

Unread post by Blaize » Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:50 pm

Maybe a 'dice rigging set' that you can use to change the origina ones, replacing them in your room?

xx

Gobberwart
Developer

Unread post by Gobberwart » Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:23 pm

One of the multitude of tasks on the feature request list is to add some more items to the prize booth, so perhaps this could be one of them.

Blaize, I wouldn't think it would *replace* the original ones, but certainly could work in conjunction with them... among other things even (ie. you could set it to give +x% turns from food, and it would do that, but could also double your chances of getting the -stomach from the dice). Just throwing ideas around.

Topic author
commandermack
Chat Moderator

Unread post by commandermack » Tue Mar 15, 2011 5:08 pm

Gobberwart wrote:Blaize, I wouldn't think it would *replace* the original ones, but certainly could work in conjunction with them...
Agreed, conjunction is for the best.

Gobberwart wrote:among other things even (ie. you could set it to give +x% turns from food, and it would do that, "but could also" double your chances of getting the -stomach from the dice
OK, that sounds a bit confusing, you mean it can make the DICE do those things, not it, right? That has me wondering...

Cowboy
Forum Addict

Unread post by Cowboy » Wed Mar 16, 2011 4:10 am

You could attach a magnet to one side of the die, and then one to your hand (to make it work flavor-wise)

jupider
Senior Chat Moderator

Unread post by jupider » Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:04 pm

So how does one attach a magnet to the holographic image of a die?
Gobberwart wrote:Jupider is EXACTLY right.
"In the time of war, we would never have left a man stranded."
"Maybe that's why we lost."

Gobberwart
Developer

Unread post by Gobberwart » Wed Mar 16, 2011 4:51 pm

Gobberwart wrote:among other things even (ie. you could set it to give +x% turns from food, and it would do that, "but could also" double your chances of getting the -stomach from the dice
OK, that sounds a bit confusing, you mean it can make the DICE do those things, not it, right? That has me wondering...[/quote]

No, I mean it could give you those bonuses intrinsically just by having it installed as a device in your room, but could ALSO impact the dice - not to guarantee that the dice would give you X result, but just that the chance of the dice giving you the result you want is significantly improved. Again, just throwing ideas around.

Topic author
commandermack
Chat Moderator

Unread post by commandermack » Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:23 pm

hmm, interesting. So would the support part of the effect change with the result you want, Like lets say you want Financially aware, would the side effect change from +% turns from food to +% moolah drop or +%/fixed amount moolah drop to moolah gaining effects? Likewise subpoint gaining rolls you get would give boosted subpoint gains?

Essentially making it not a limited function but doubling the odds of getting something and having the device Set for one thing at a time like a dropdown scroll list?

Cowboy
Forum Addict

Unread post by Cowboy » Thu Mar 17, 2011 4:28 am

jupider wrote:So how does one attach a magnet to the holographic image of a die?
It's a holographic magnet. duh

Gobberwart
Developer

Unread post by Gobberwart » Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:52 pm

commandermack wrote:hmm, interesting. So would the support part of the effect change with the result you want, Like lets say you want Financially aware, would the side effect change from +% turns from food to +% moolah drop or +%/fixed amount moolah drop to moolah gaining effects? Likewise subpoint gaining rolls you get would give boosted subpoint gains?

Essentially making it not a limited function but doubling the odds of getting something and having the device Set for one thing at a time like a dropdown scroll list?
Something like that is, I think, what I'm suggesting yeah.