How to Increase Trade in (just) 1 Easy Step

Got a suggestion as to how we can improve the game? Post it here!

Moderator: Public Forum Moderators

Topic author
jupider
Senior Chat Moderator

Unread post by jupider » Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:19 am

by jupider

CHAPTER 1 - Identifying An Opportunity
Say you've been farming in one particular area for a while and you have an abundance of one particular item that you don't have a need for. Wouldn't it be nice if you could easily find out who was most interested in purchasing that item? Of course you would!! Knowing who wants to buy what is the staple to any successful economy!

CHAPTER 2 - Determining A Solution
In order for any economy to blossom into a tree of prosperity, a system of ease and understanding must be administered to assist all the patrons who shall partake of it. Paradox! The Musical already has a partial system in place: if you click on an item, a description of that item pops up to inform you of it's purpose, (if any). Utilizing this current system, a more advanced improvement could vastly increase the value this already informative resource.

CHAPTER 3 - The One Easy Step
Just a method of just purchasing advertising space inside the above stated Item Description Box just in an attempt to be the player who has just paid the highest price to just receive their name emblazoned along side an "Is Buying: " or "Is Selling: " line, just to say to all of his or her fellow paracites: "I just want to buy (or sell) this item, so if you have (or want) any of them, just please contact me!"

CHAPTER 4 - Preparing For The Inevitable "NO!!"
Okay, so the author admits he knows absolutely nothing about coding a game, and the author also knows that the game developer (Hint: That's you, Gobb!) has his hands full with much more important stuff (like Kleenex and talcum powder... oh, wait. I meant Beta) but a system like this would be most epic if it could come to fruition. Don't simply discard this idea merely because it isn't "just." Think about how it could benefit the entire Paradox community and economy in the future!!

The End
Gobberwart wrote:Jupider is EXACTLY right.
"In the time of war, we would never have left a man stranded."
"Maybe that's why we lost."

commandermack
Chat Moderator

Re: How to Increase Trade in (just) 1 Easy Step

Unread post by commandermack » Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:03 am

something like this probably wouldn't get the appreciation it deserves for the amount of coding it would take to get it into action.

Cowboy
Forum Addict

Unread post by Cowboy » Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:33 am

Can I put moolah on untradeable items? I'd pay for a magic helmet even if no one can sell it.

commandermack
Chat Moderator

Unread post by commandermack » Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:43 pm

Probably not Cowboy, as Jupider suggested to put it in the Description Box, that probably isn't going to happen, because this isn't anything directly connected with the item. What I would suggest is altering the Marketing Charts to include this data and have everything setup on the marketing charts. This would inevitably mean that only things found in stores could be marketed, as it should be in the first place, no point marketing something that isn't found in the mall. It would also mean that Stores would have to add in the Marketing Charts next to the items in the Selling portion of the store too, not just the Stocking portion. I kinda think the charts should be in the selling portion regardless anyways, so buyers can be informed of whether the price is reasonable based on Average buy prices and such of the past week.

Gobberwart
Developer

Unread post by Gobberwart » Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:25 pm

Navigating all those "just"s, while amusing the hell out of me, is a bit tricky mate. I've actually already got a to-do item on the list involving implementing some sort of store advertising system, and a "wanted to buy" component is in there. The idea of putting something in the item description hadn't occurred to me, but now that you mention it, it's worth thinking about and really, I don't think it'd be all that difficult to implement. I've added a link to this topic to the tracking system, so when we come to look at it, I'll make sure we give it some thought.

Mack, are you saying that a link to the marketing info should be added to the items for buyers to see when they're searching/browsing? Sounds reasonable to me - just checking. If that's what you're asking, I'll consider adding it.

commandermack
Chat Moderator

Unread post by commandermack » Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:42 pm

yes.

Topic author
jupider
Senior Chat Moderator

Unread post by jupider » Wed Apr 27, 2011 4:13 am

Just the fact that that you'll look into it gives me a warm and fuzzy feeling all inside of me.

Heh. I said "just" again.
Gobberwart wrote:Jupider is EXACTLY right.
"In the time of war, we would never have left a man stranded."
"Maybe that's why we lost."

Cowboy
Forum Addict

Unread post by Cowboy » Thu Apr 28, 2011 6:27 am

Just do it it's just so easy to just implement in just a few minutes!

*Just* kidding :)