Professor von Noob and resetting

Got a suggestion as to how we can improve the game? Post it here!

Moderator: Public Forum Moderators

Topic author
darkgamr
Forum Addict

Professor von Noob and resetting

Unread post by darkgamr » Sun May 08, 2011 12:18 am

When you first reset and go see the professor, he gives you a bunch of starter items and moolah, but no quest. Immediately after this you need to click on him again and he'll give you the ant quest. I screwed up my first reset pretty bad because I didn't realize this and spent 200 adventures in the park before actually getting the quest (and thank god Sally told me to see the professor or I would have probably spent another 500.)

What I propose is combining the two visits into one and having the professor just tell you about the ants and activate the quest during your initial visit. Now I admit that this is an incredibly minor issue, I bet few people have ever forgotten to activate the quest and beyond that all this really adds is the convenience of saving a button click. On the other hand this would be very easy to code. :)

jupider
Senior Chat Moderator

Re: Professor von Noob and resetting

Unread post by jupider » Sun May 08, 2011 11:50 am

Yeah, Gobb. It's just that easy. lol.

But seriously, I can see how that could be an issue. I wouldn't know, however, because...
Spoiler:
I'm too busy working on those damned cursed level 30 awards.
Alternatively, you could have Von Noob not give you the first quest, but get it from somewhere/someone else (which is how it was originally?). In all likelyhood, I imagine all this conversation will be moot by the time Beta is released anyway. But until then...
Gobberwart wrote:Jupider is EXACTLY right.
"In the time of war, we would never have left a man stranded."
"Maybe that's why we lost."

Gobberwart
Developer

Re: Professor von Noob and resetting

Unread post by Gobberwart » Sun May 08, 2011 12:52 pm

We have other plans for this, but thanks :)