Links to Wiki

Got a suggestion as to how we can improve the game? Post it here!

Moderator: Public Forum Moderators

Topic author
commandermack
Chat Moderator

Links to Wiki

Unread post by commandermack » Sat Mar 29, 2014 6:47 am

I'm just sitting here adventuring and was thinking I'd like to click to the wiki to see the outcomes of a CHOAD. Items have links to wikis with an option to enable/disable, I'd like to see this expanded on to have them in the titles of encounters with an option to enable/disable. It would be of great help to newer players and wiki goers alike to have an easy option to click upon.

When and if it is feasible.

Gobberwart
Developer

Re: Links to Wiki

Unread post by Gobberwart » Mon Mar 31, 2014 11:09 pm

Requests like this put me in a slightly difficult place. Yes, it could be done, but do I really want Paradox to be the kind of game where everything is just handed to you on a plate, or do I want people to have to think a bit, and occasionally learn things the hard way? Honestly, probably the latter. I originally added the wiki links to items just to see how it worked, but I think that's about as far as I want to take it.

Mods like this are probably best left to people who want to extend the game through third-party scripts if they want to.

Cowboy? :P

Cowboy
Forum Addict

Re: Links to Wiki

Unread post by Cowboy » Tue Apr 01, 2014 3:37 pm

Could be done I guess, it's kinda hard to grab the event title and detect if it's a choice adventure though because all the buttons / text are not labeled specifically, rather "contentheader" contains the event title and an unlabeled submit button contains the choices.