Bolding player names in chat

Got a suggestion as to how we can improve the game? Post it here!

Moderator: Public Forum Moderators

Topic author
ravijnah
Forum Noob

Bolding player names in chat

Unread post by ravijnah » Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:38 am

I didn't see a place for this; but thought this might be good.

- I think bolding the names of the people in chat would be nice. It would make it more readable (not neccessary; but nice).

- There seems to be a gap (for me) for things to do between level 2 and level 4 (maybe even level 5) where you can effectively enjoy new content. Maybe another aspect to the gymnasium (another type of combat?) would be nice.

Mod Edit: Moved to public Suggestions forum
Last edited by Grokly on Wed Aug 20, 2008 2:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Moved to Suggestions forum and change to post title

Grokly
Forum Addict

Re: Suggestion Box

Unread post by Grokly » Wed Aug 20, 2008 12:00 pm

ravijnah wrote:- I think bolding the names of the people in chat would be nice. It would make it more readable (not neccessary; but nice).
To clarify, are you asking to bold the playername at the beginning of the line when they type something into chat, or are you wanting the names of all players in chat bolded in list of players on the right-hand side of the chat panel? I don't think the list needs to be bold. Are you really having trouble reading the names there?

If you are wanting the player name bold in the actual chat dialog area... I can see where that would be appealing. However, since we can actually create bold words in the chat, it could get to looking pretty bold at times.
ravijnah wrote:- There seems to be a gap (for me) for things to do between level 2 and level 4 (maybe even level 5) where you can effectively enjoy new content. Maybe another aspect to the gymnasium (another type of combat?) would be nice.
Patience, young padouin. There is much more content coming. The game at this stage is fairly sparse in content. As Alpha Testers, we ask that you concentrate more on the mechanics and finding bugs/exploits as well as suggesting features, etc. The content team is hard at work preparing new content which will be rolled out in the days and weeks to come.

Topic author
ravijnah
Forum Noob

Unread post by ravijnah » Wed Aug 20, 2008 12:18 pm

Grok - Yeah, not the names on the right side; but the names where it shows who is showing who. It's not anything that's really pressing. Or maybe you could make them a different color??? Or maybe just make it so that our own name shows up in bold? Whatever you guys think would be best.

DrWolf
Forum Addict

Unread post by DrWolf » Wed Aug 20, 2008 12:59 pm

If I may be so bold...I'd like to say that I also think it would be nice to have the player names in bold.

*Edited because there's no sense in being a douche.

Spiff
Wikinatrix

Re: Bolding player names in chat

Unread post by Spiff » Thu Aug 21, 2008 4:05 am

I agree i lke the boldness
The Spiff

Cfactor3000
Forum Noob

Re: Bolding player names in chat

Unread post by Cfactor3000 » Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:54 am

Go with bold. :3

Gobberwart