Chat right click

Got a suggestion as to how we can improve the game? Post it here!

Moderator: Public Forum Moderators

Topic author
stroby
Forum Addict

Chat right click

Unread post by stroby » Tue Sep 09, 2008 8:10 am

Well this as you may be able to tell is a request for a kol-esq chat right click

Grokly
Forum Addict

Re: Chat right click

Unread post by Grokly » Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:03 am

I can assure you that this is already on the development roadmap, Strobes. Just not sure how soon we will see it.

Gobberwart
Developer

Unread post by Gobberwart » Tue Sep 09, 2008 1:51 pm

Um, hold on... Didn't I already do that yesterday?

It doesn't work in IE or Chrome, yet, but I assure you that if you're using Firefox, Opera or Safari, you can right-click (or Ctrl+Left-Click in Opera) any player name for some added functionality :)

Topic author
stroby
Forum Addict

Unread post by stroby » Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:10 am

Damn Gob your efficient, you did it before I asked and yes I can confirm it works (in FF3) at time of writing it wasn't working

Gobberwart
Developer

Unread post by Gobberwart » Mon Oct 13, 2008 1:33 pm

Old news now, but the right-click is completed and works properly on IE 5.5 to 7, FF 1.5 to 3, and latest versions of Safari, Opera and Chrome.

Note, however, that Opera does not allow developers to override the inbuilt right-click menu, without first requiring the user to set an option in the browser to allow it. Some users may choose to do this, in which case the right-click will work, but since I consider it unfair for users to have to do this, I've put in place a workaround - Opera users can instead use CTRL+LeftClick instead to access the context menus.

All other browsers are currently playing nicely, and I'm pretty sure I've fixed the memory leak that was causing issues with Firefox in particular.