Collapsable sections in item menus?

Got a suggestion as to how we can improve the game? Post it here!

Moderator: Public Forum Moderators

Topic author
jupider
Senior Chat Moderator

Collapsable sections in item menus?

Unread post by jupider » Mon Nov 10, 2008 8:08 am

Say, for instance, you're getting your fill of food and drinks for the day and your stomach is already full and you've moved on to some tasty libations. Scrolling down to the Drinks section can be a hassle if you have a lot of food items, so perhaps a method of clicking the "Food" heading to hide what's in your inventory could be helpful? Yes, no? You could implement similar functionality on the other item pages as well. I know this is a totally original idea so it's not like I'm trying to get your item pages to function like other games item pages or anything... right?
Gobberwart wrote:Jupider is EXACTLY right.
"In the time of war, we would never have left a man stranded."
"Maybe that's why we lost."

SportGuy
Forum Addict

Re: Collapsable sections in item menus?

Unread post by SportGuy » Mon Nov 10, 2008 9:38 am

Lol, I often filter out my excess stuff I don't use typically by throwing it in my showcase or stash myself, but yeah, I can see the usefulness in this.

Gobberwart
Developer

Re: Collapsable sections in item menus?

Unread post by Gobberwart » Mon Nov 10, 2008 12:18 pm

LOL Jupider, that idea is amazing original and nothing like any other game. Totally :)

Regardless of whether or not a section is shown/hidden, it'll still take time to load off the server. Moving stuff you don't use to another part of your inventory (or selling it), is actually pretty good advice, rather than simply hiding it.

That said, I'll look at that at some stage, because it might be useful. As might having links at the top of each page to take you straight to the appropriate section. I tried that once, but it didn't play nice with the AJAX on the page. Might have a better chance of getting it to work now I know more about AJAX :)